Lovie Smith Fired | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

Merely pointing out that others can have opinions too without having you bash them because they don't agree with yours. If you feel you are the expert and everyone else opinions are "nonsense platitudes", then please feel free to bask in your glory. And I strongly suggest you go put in an application with organization right away, as you obviously are wasting your time on here.

If disagreeing with you, and having specific, factually backed reasons for disagreeing with you counts as bashing, then I'll gladly continue to 'bash' you.

If disagreeing with you, and having specific, factually backed reasons for disagreeing with you counts as bashing, then I'll gladly continue to 'bash' you.

Bash? Please. Get a grip. You don't know more about defense than a guy who fielded the #10 defense in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly how he will do if he gets hired as a DC or HC in Miami, because I don't just look at ~ the stats ~.

I watch football. Lovie Smith is still running a simple, outdated defensive scheme that other NFL teams jump for joy at the chance to compete against, because even garbage can quarterbacks can carve it up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

I'd literally rather retain the guy we have now. He actually did a pretty good job taking over mid-season with no cornerbacks and no linebackers, and then losing his only legitimately good edge rusher.

I have a lot of respect for the way lou anarumo handled an awful situation, did a lot for the pass rush

Go re-read your posts and the comments you put on there. You obviously are not getting the point. I did not say anything about you having a different opinion than I or anyone else is considered bashing. "Factually back reasons" are those "stats" I was referring to in my post where you said it was because you "watch football". Once again, the point I was making was that everyone needs to respect everyone's opinion, whether you agree, disagree or think your point is somehow is "right" compared to others based upon your own view of certain stats or view of football you've watch. When in fact NOBODY knows for certain how he or anyone else will be as a coach, Coordinator or volunteer at the "Y" next year.

I'm done with conversation, as it only seems like you want to pick a fight with anyone opposed to your viewpoint.

Bash? Please. Get a grip. You don't know more about defense than a guy who fielded the #10 defense in the NFL..

Wow, somebody's getting upset.

Greg Schiano's 2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 21st. First Downs allowed: 15th. Defensive SRS: +0.3 against Strength of Schedule +3.6

Lovie Smith's 2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 25th. First Downs allowed: 30th. Defensive SRS: -3.3 against Strength of Schedule -1.5.

Lovie Smith's 2015 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 26th. First Downs allowed: 26th. Defensive SRS: -4.2 against Strength of Schedule -3.0.

Their defense got worse two years in a row under Lovie, even after having a last place schedule with four games scheduled against the trainwreck AFC South this season. That was with Lovie's hand-picked coaches (including his sons) and Lovie's hand-picked defensive players. Lovie Smith got fired because his number one qualification is that he used to run a good defense, and he's run a terrible defense in Tampa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Schiano's 2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 21st. First Downs allowed: 15th. Defensive SRS: +0.3 against Strength of Schedule +3.6

Lovie Smith's 2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 25th. First Downs allowed: 30th. Defensive SRS: -3.3 against Strength of Schedule -1.5.

Lovie Smith's 2015 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Points allowed: 26th. First Downs allowed: 26th. Defensive SRS: -4.2 against Strength of Schedule -3.0.

Their defense got worse two years in a row under Lovie, even after having a last place schedule with four games scheduled against the trainwreck AFC South this season. That was with Lovie's hand-picked coaches (including his sons) and Lovie's hand-picked defensive players.

Lovie Smith got fired because his number one qualification is that he used to run a good defense, and he's run a terrible defense in Tampa.

Lovie Smith was never given a chance to fix the defense because they focused on offense during the two drafts.

Jeff Darlington

Licht made it clear to me 3 weeks ago Lovie deserved time because draft focused on offense first 2 years. By that account, Lovie got robbed.

Hey im just saying those chicago teams had everything they needed to win multiple championships and lovie kept backing that damn qb til the window closed

If im a bears fan i despise lovie smith

I know Bears fans who despise Dave W who started the death spiral there... sound familiar?

i dont think lovie was given a "fair shake" so to speak but what can ya do? bucs gon buc just like dolphins gonna dolphin

i dont think lovie was given a "fair shake" so to speak but what can ya do? bucs gon buc just like dolphins gonna dolphin

I think the only reason a coach should be fired in 2 years or less is if he's lost the locker-room and/or is a public-image nightmare. Otherwise you gotta give the guy at least 3. If the defense sucked, let Lovie address the defense in the offseason and see how it turns out. Winston was showing good signs, that's not just ONLY Koetter, I'm sure Lovie had some big involvement with his growth.

Their defense got worse two years in a row under Lovie, even after having a last place schedule with four games scheduled against the trainwreck AFC South this season. That was with Lovie's hand-picked coaches (including his sons) and Lovie's hand-picked defensive players. Lovie Smith got fired because his number one qualification is that he used to run a good defense, and he's run a terrible defense in Tampa.

I'm a computer warrior? This is a computer war, buddy. It's an internet message board. Come armed with some facts before you start melting down in here.

3678662.jpg

I think the only reason a coach should be fired in 2 years or less is if he's lost the locker-room and/or is a public-image nightmare. Otherwise you gotta give the guy at least 3. If the defense sucked, let Lovie address the defense in the offseason and see how it turns out. Winston was showing good signs, that's not just ONLY Koetter, I'm sure Lovie had some big involvement with his growth.

I don't know about that. I think two years is a more than adequate amount of time to judge whether or not a coach is capable of doing a good job. You notice that nobody is slamming Jimmy Haslam for firing Mike Pettine, but instead for coming up with the most bizarre front office structure anyone's ever seen. That's because in two years, Pettine had shown that he wasn't a particularly good gameday coach, he could not really get a great staff working together, and he repeatedly made weird decisions about who to start and sit. Keep in mind that it's not as if the Bucs were handed a lousy defense. Lovie inherited a team that had two all-pro defenders and a pretty good amount of talent in the front seven.

Lololol computer war. You made my day with that.

This is what, four consecutive posts that have nothing to do with the topic at hand? Looks like you're melting down, champ. If you keep this up, I'm going to need a remotely operated robot to keep reading this thread. You hotter than Fukushima, son.

Back
Top Bottom