Lovie Smith Fired | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

:lol:

So Tannenbaum got Lovie fired

Dude is worry about power he is looking to take down others teams powerful individuals...

"I have a goal, to control all the teams in Florida, to unite us under one vision.....MY VISION"

Lovie Smith is a horrible head coach. Of all the potential coached we could bring in, he's very close to the very bottom of my list.

This is why its silly to think you can get a "free" year to evaluate Tannehill and then get your own guy if it doesn't work out. Thats a risky plan in todays NFL.

You would find a way to work any topic in to an opportunity for you to dump on RT. Pathetic.

Simple, poignant text from Bucs source on the firing of Lovie Smith: "8-24." ...In case you were wondering, that's his record in 2 seasons.@JeffDarlington

Right. So why is anyone surprised by the move? I wouldn't have fired him only b/c I don't think 2 years is enough time. But being 8-24 in two years doesn't mean you're invincible.

Tannenbaum be like:

giphy-9.gif

The Dolphins have put in a request with the Bucs to interview their OC Dirk Koetter. Koetter hasn't interviewed with Miami yet, though.@AlbertBreer

#Dolphins interest in Dirk Koetter reportedly led to Tampa Bay firing Lovie Smith... Adam Gase with Dolphins today dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP

#Dolphins reportedly requested to interview Dirk Koetter. And then all hell broke loose in Tampa and Lovie is gone dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP
Dang...we have interest in Josh McDaniel and Matt Patricia...why the heck hasn't New England fired Belichick yet? :chuckle:

Right. So why is anyone surprised by the move? I wouldn't have fired him only b/c I don't think 2 years is enough time. But being 8-24 in two years doesn't mean you're invincible.

Jeff Darlington ?@JeffDarlington 5h5 hours ago

Licht made it clear to me 3 weeks ago Lovie deserved time because draft focused on offense first 2 years. By that account, Lovie got robbed.

Jeff Darlington ?@JeffDarlington 5h5 hours ago

Following 2nd season in Carolina, Ron Rivera was widely expected to be fired after rough start to his tenure. Good thing Panthers kept him.

Jeff Darlington ?@JeffDarlington 4h4 hours ago

Bucs source: There's nothing below surface on Lovie firing. It is, very simply, a team that believes defense should be better than it was.

Although I live in Tampa, I don't follow the Bucs closely. I can say I didn't overhear anyone in the local press calling for Lovie's head. Hard to predict the Glazers sometimes.

That said, I can't imagine that they're interested in any of the candidates with HC experience, as none of them are demonstrably better than Lovie is. Guy's been the HC in the big show, for crying out loud. He knows what it takes and how to do it.

I'll be surprised if the Bucs poach someone we're looking at. I believe they're promoting Koetter.

Dolphins should pounce on Lovie ASAP.

This is the exact same situation that the Hurricanes found themselves in with Mark Richt.

Poor move by Tampa Bay. Very poor move.

Four Vertical offense would be interesting with Ryan Tannehill, because it would open up so much space in the middle of the field for him to take off and run.

Dolphins should pounce on Lovie ASAP.

This is the exact same situation that the Hurricanes found themselves in with Mark Richt.

Poor move by Tampa Bay. Very poor move.

If Gase really is the target for the HC position then Smith would be ideal for DC.

Back
Top Bottom