Lovie Smith Fired | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

shaun king Verified account @realshaunking
Only in america could raheem morris get 3 years to fix the bucs and lovie smith only 2....

:chuckle:

If Gase really is the target for the HC position then Smith would be ideal for DC.

Lovie is a garbage DC. He hasn't evolved anything new, he still runs the damn Tampa 2 defense.

If we hire Lovie as the DC get ready for it to get even worse. I'd easily take Lou Anaruomo at DC staying on than bring in Lovie.

shaun king Verified account @realshaunking
Only in america could raheem morris get 3 years to fix the bucs and lovie smith only 2....

:chuckle:

Lovies chicago reputation follows him and deservedly so...backed rex grossman

Lovies chicago reputation follows him and deservedly so...backed rex grossman

Lovie was bad in Tampa...some really bad calls that cost them games...honestly they could have been at least 8-8...

Still...Raheem Morris? C'mon. Who made that pick.

Hey im just saying those chicago teams had everything they needed to win multiple championships and lovie kept backing that damn qb til the window closed

If im a bears fan i despise lovie smith

Interesting how divided people are about him. I've already expressed my personal opinion on this and many others have about theirs. Truth is, nobody really knows how he'll do either way (assuming he gets a job somewhere) as DC or even HC somewhere else. His record or stats in his last two seasons does not necessarily reflect potential failure or his stats from Chicago predict success. If stats from his last two years in TB are predictive, then every coach we've brought in for the last 20 years should have be resounding successes and we'd have 10 superbowls, as they all had great stats from the teams they were coming from before taking over here. How'd that work out?

Regardless of what we think, it seems pretty obvious our FO is not even looking his way, so any debate about him is pointless.

I know exactly how he will do if he gets hired as a DC or HC in Miami, because I don't just look at ~ the stats ~.

I watch football. Lovie Smith is still running a simple, outdated defensive scheme that other NFL teams jump for joy at the chance to compete against, because even garbage can quarterbacks can carve it up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

I'd literally rather retain the guy we have now. He actually did a pretty good job taking over mid-season with no cornerbacks and no linebackers, and then losing his only legitimately good edge rusher.

If we're going defense, Teryl Austin > Mike Smith > Lovie Smith.

It was also reported that the 49ers requested permission to talk to Koetter on Tuesday and received no reply from the Bucs. Why does it seem like the 49ers are following our lead?

I know exactly how he will do if he gets hired as a DC or HC in Miami, because I don't just look at ~ the stats ~.

I watch football. Lovie Smith is still running a simple, outdated defensive scheme that other NFL teams jump for joy at the chance to compete against, because even garbage can quarterbacks can carve it up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

I'd literally rather retain the guy we have now. He actually did a pretty good job taking over mid-season with no cornerbacks and no linebackers, and then losing his only legitimately good edge rusher.

Yep, you are the expert and everyone else does not know what they are talking about. You definitely should be the owner or at leas the general manager because your football IQ is so much better than anyone else's. All the experts who knew Andy Reid was washed up and did know how to coach anymore, had it so right when he was hired over in KC.

I'll respect your opinion, if you respect that others have opinions too. I'm pretty sure many of those guys "watch football" and know how it works. My post was to point out that nobody really knows and those with different opinions are automatically wrong just because they don't agree with yours or those on the "no to Lovie" side.

Yep, you are the expert and everyone else does not know what they are talking about. You definitely should be the owner or at leas the general manager because your football IQ is so much better than anyone else's. All the experts who knew Andy Reid was washed up and did know how to coach anymore, had it so right when he was hired over in KC.

I'll respect your opinion, if you respect that others have opinions too. I'm pretty sure many of those guys "watch football" and know how it works. My post was to point out that nobody really knows and those with different opinions are automatically wrong just because they don't agree with yours or those on the "no to Lovie" side.

Don't get snippy with me. Lovie Smith got fired because he is a "defensive coach" whose defense is not only bad, it is downright terrible, one of the worst in the league.

The Bucs defense is appreciably worse now than it was when defensive-minded coach Lovie Smith took over the team. Lovie runs his defense, and has final say on personnel, meaning that he was choosing the groceries, too. And they got worse, becoming one of the worst units in the league. Worse than our own defense, even. And I just pointed to the specific reason why the defense got a lot worse under Lovie. He has not kept up with the times.

But please, stick to nonsense platitudes like "Oh, well, he had success somewhere once, so you can never really know how he will do at his next stop."

No, I know exactly how Lovie is going to do at his next stop if he runs his defense the way he wants to run it, and that's really ****ing badly.

I am always amused when people who post on a football message board revel in knowing nothing about football.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Buccaneers’ ownership had planned to meet with HC Lovie Smith in person on Thursday to inform him of their decision to part ways.

However, during the communication process, Smith reportedly sensed that something was going on and it quickly became apparent that he wasn’t going to be the team’s head coach any longer.

Smith then told the Buccaneers’ ownership that a meeting wasn’t necesssary, which led them making the more over the phone.

According to Florio, Smith will receive over $10 million in the next two years as part of his contract with the Buccaneers.

Back
Top Bottom