Lovie Smith Fired | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lovie Smith Fired

They must be promoting Koetter. Winston had a promising rookie season, and you don't mess with his dynamic.

Put Lovie Smith on my wish list. Experienced, knows how to teach and install a defense, usually prefers a strong OC and leaves that side of the ball alone. I've never heard a bad thing uttered about Lovie from players or coaches on his staff.

Biggest drawback would be the extent to which Lovie would need to remake the defense into his preferred system. We would likely need to resign OV and devote a good 75% of our draft and free agency resources to making over the defense.

Fine. Bring him in as DC. Go 75% defense, 25% offense (OL only) in the draft, address the rest of the OL in free agency...the rest of the offense is just fine. We need more help on defense than offense anyway...

I like Lovie, but he'll likely be a DC again before an HC and I'd be surprised to see him coaching this year.

Lovie Smith had 2 of his sons working on the defensive coaching staff for the Bucs.

Lovie Smith was a good coach at one point in his career. That time is long gone.

Smith has shown no ability to adapt or evolve as a coach and the game has simply passed him by. His defense has been absolutely godawful in Tampa Bay.

I don't want him with the Dolphins in any capacity where he's doing defensive schemes, game-planning, or making defensive calls during a game.

The bucs defense sucked with him calling plays. My brothers are huge bucs fans and they just complained every week about the defense.

I was just thinking the other day that Smith is a bit **** for all the hype he gets

The bucs defense sucked with him calling plays. My brothers are huge bucs fans and they just complained every week about the defense.

But going back to your roots is different than being a hc. He got hired because of his defensive prowess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bucs have to speak to Jimbo Fisher, remember Fisher is a free newly single man. Tampa can be an attractive town to work and get lost in.

Lovie Smith's defense has been solved for the past 10 years and the Bucs did the smartest thing they could when they aborted the Lovie era. The Dolphins should have done the same right after *****boy gate and fired Philbin.

If you think Lovie Smith is a good coach, go watch any of the Bucs games for the last 2 years. You will see back up QBs shredding his defense time after time. In 2014, Cam Newton didn't play against the Bucs in either game because of injuries but the Panthers were 2-0 in those games due to Derek Anderson having career games against Lovie Smith's Defense. Do you know who Austin Davis is? He used to play for the Rams as the 3rd string QB and he also had a career game against the Bucs and Lovies Defense. In 2015, Marcus Mariota had an amazing start to his career against Lovie Smiths defense. Kirk Cousins completed a comeback after being down by 24-0 in the 2nd quarter because Lovie Smiths defense can't stop anyone. 59 year old Matt Hasselback scored 25 points on Lovie Smiths defense and beat him this year. Kase Keenum went 14/17 2TDs 234 yards against Lovie Smiths defense.

Lovie Smiths defense allows oppsing QBs to have a 70% Completion Percentage.

8-24 in two years.

And Lovie Smith is on your list? HAHAHAHA Do your research instead of being enamored with name recognition.:crazy:

I really dislike the cover 2 defense he employs. It would be a nightmare in Miami considering how poor our lb's and secondary is.

The Dolphins have put in a request with the Bucs to interview their OC Dirk Koetter. Koetter hasn't interviewed with Miami yet, though.@AlbertBreer

#Dolphins interest in Dirk Koetter reportedly led to Tampa Bay firing Lovie Smith... Adam Gase with Dolphins today dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP

#Dolphins reportedly requested to interview Dirk Koetter. And then all hell broke loose in Tampa and Lovie is gone dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP

Living in Bucs land and following the team somewhat I can easily see why this has happen. Lovie makes some bad calls in games...

Also if the Bucs are not promoting the OC and they go to the market...the Bucs job is easily more desirable then Miami from a front office perspective to a high end young QB to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living in Bucs land and following the team somewhat I can easily see why this has happen. Lovie makes some bad calls in games...

Also if the Bucs are not promoting the OC and they go to the marker...the Bucs job is easily more desirable then Miami from a front office perspective to a high end young QB to work with.

Well don't worry they have to follow the 'Rooney rule' and all so that will take time and put them behind all the other teams an line up candidates. Ya such a farce...lets see who is the scraficial lamb for the Bucs...

The Dolphins have put in a request with the Bucs to interview their OC Dirk Koetter. Koetter hasn't interviewed with Miami yet, though.@AlbertBreer

#Dolphins interest in Dirk Koetter reportedly led to Tampa Bay firing Lovie Smith... Adam Gase with Dolphins today dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP

#Dolphins reportedly requested to interview Dirk Koetter. And then all hell broke loose in Tampa and Lovie is gone dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/01/07/rep…@AbramsonPBP

:lol:

So Tannenbaum got Lovie fired

Back
Top Bottom