LSU vs. Alabama | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LSU vs. Alabama

kastofsna120 said:
i've said many times i'm a miami fan. in many threads, on many different occasions. and someone called me a miami homer in this thread, too. you should've been able to figure it out

Fair enough. I overread the significance of your sidestep on the Miami question.

You have to understand that it is usually Auburn or Tennessee fans who are sarcastic to me, and it was hard to think you were one of those two given what you said.

kastofsna120 said:
lol, EVERYONE was saying that USC was co-champions. leave it to an LSU fan to be upset about a split-national championship :rofl3:

You know..."co" just means the title is shared, right?

Jimmy James said:
You can say that about a bunch of games. I'm backing way off here and pointing out that this is why it is so ridiculous we even have to have this discussion. Even a 4 team playoff allows the worst case scenario to be whether the Big 12 or Big 10 places its undefeated team in the playoff. That is what happens only in the (in my recollection nonexistant) case where the SEC, ACC, Pac-10, Big 12, and Big 10 all have an undefeated team.
Yeah you're right..at this point I'd be happy with the and 1 deal. Just something to help out a flawed system.

ether79 said:
Yeah it was the AP voters who called USC #1 I'd still give it to LSU though.

Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. As far as I'm concerned, WE are the ones who brought home the hardware.

I'm focused on this year. We will be ranked either #3 or #4 tomorrow. I just cannot believe someone would say "The SEC is overrated" and "Miami would easily handle any team in the SEC."

That's where this whole argument started.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. As far as I'm concerned, WE are the ones who brought home the hardware.

I'm focused on this year. We will be ranked either #3 or #4 tomorrow. I just cannot believe someone would say "The SEC is overrated" and "Miami would easily handle any team in the SEC."

That's where this whole argument started.

Is it really so hard to believe that this would happen on a Dolphins board? I was right with you in the indignation, but this is probably the place I frequent where it would be most likely to happen...

DolphinDevil28 said:
So that's not LSU's fault. LSU was screwed out of a sole NC just because of the westcoast newspaper.

I don't see what I "want" to see, but what I DID see was that LSU won the game that had "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" written on the field.

Jeez dude, you really don't get it, do you?

There were 2 undefeated teams. So its a split national title. USC could claim they were screwed too. It works both ways.

kastofsna120 said:
miami would beat any team in the SEC, btw

Miami couldn't even beat FSU and everyone has beat FSU this year. Next.....

Please, Miami? I hope you are joking.:lol: :rofl3:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. .

Doesn't sound like it......:shakeno:

MikeO said:
There were 2 undefeated teams. So its a split national title. USC could claim they were screwed too. It works both ways.
actually they both had 1 loss. oh well, who cares about facts anyway?

MikeO said:

USC definitely WAS screwed. I agree. But LSU had no control of that whatsoever. It should have been LSU vs. SC.

But it didn't work that way. And LSU should not have been penalized just because some other team got screwed by the BCS.

MikeO said:
Doesn't sound like it......:shakeno:

LOL, it's because yall keep bringing it up.

I started in this argument about THIS year, and defending the SEC THIS year. C'mon Mike. You just came into the discussion.

kastofsna120 said:
miami would beat any team in the SEC, btw

I'm independent here because my team sux and I'll say this there is no way you could predict the outcome of an LSU v. Miami game...that would be a good game to watch... right now I think these should be the bowls...

USC v Tex
Miami v LSU
Penn St v Notre Dame
the other game I'm still undecided

DolphinDevil28 said:
LOL, it's because yall keep bringing it up.

I started in this argument about THIS year, and defending the SEC THIS year. C'mon Mike. You just came into the discussion.

That's how message boards work.......people just come into the discussions! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom