luck is light years ahead of ryan | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

luck is light years ahead of ryan

It would be great if the chest pounding andrew luck threads would go in the general forum.

And it's almost always based on nothing objective.

"I believe that he would've been much better if he'd have had a better running game, and because that's a plausible thought, then it must be true."
But who does the burden of proof lie on for a statement such as that? I honestly do believe T-Hill would have been better with a more consistent run game but there are no stats i can produce to prove it, they're also no stats you can produce to disprove it.

You're right, Heisman like numbers mean everything... Eric Crouch, Jason White, Tim Tebow and Chris Weinke all agree. Where's Timmy Chang right now? I much rather have him.

In 2011 Tannehill was top 10 in only three Qb stats - Attempts, Completions, and Interceptions.

Not touchdowns, Not Adjusted Yards Per Attempt, Not Passing Efficiency.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2011.html

And you all expect him to become a pro-bowler when he's never demonstrated to consistently have that ability. What was he for the first two years in college again?

Where is vw to tell us that luck and Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are ahead of tannehill?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Oh right..........

In 2011 Tannehill was top 10 in only three Qb stats - Attempts, Completions, and Interceptions.

And you all expect him to become a pro-bowler when he's never demonstrated to consistently have that ability. What was he for the first two years in college again?

Take a gander at Dan Marino's college stats, especially his senior year and you'll see why college numbers mean nothing in the NFL. If they did Timmy Chang would've been on his way to a hall of game career right now.

But who does the burden of proof lie on for a statement such as that? I honestly do believe T-Hill would have been better with a more consistent run game but there are no stats i can produce to prove it, they're also no stats you can produce to disprove it.

Bingo he knows you know it and I know it -- people still want to argue with him

You guys can argue semantics and statistics all you want. All I see are the Colts making an amazing comeback and heading to the next round while the Dolphins keep on failing again and again and again.

Edit--

The way Ryan Tannehill played the last two games, it will take him 14 games to score 45 points.

Andrew Luck is a superstar. He's the kind of guy who is able to overcome pretty much anything, a bad offensive line, a terrible defense, even his OWN bad plays, and still win the game. That's the definition of elite.

But it's hilarious that some people use Luck's outstanding play to bring Tannehill down. Like Andrew Luck being Andrew Luck immediately means Ryan sucks. If Luck would've failed to make a comeback after throwing 3 picks, would that have changed your opinion on Ryan Tannehill? No. So why is it that Andrew Luck being his awesome self is so relevant to our own QB? The answer is simple. It shouldn't be. Ryan is what he is because of his own merits and flaws. End of story.

If you want to create a thread where you talk about how much Tannehill blows, go ahead. But I find this constant need to compare Ryan to every other QB in the league to be completely pointless. He will never become Andrew Luck, but that doesn't mean he can't become a pretty good QB. And if he doesn't? Then we look at our next option. At the end of the day Andrew Luck will still be Andrew Luck. And he still won't be our QB.

Sure there are. Game to game in 2013, the correlations between the key passing stats for Tannehill and the team's number of rushes, number of yards rushing, and yards per carry, are very small.

If it's true that he would've done better with a better running game, then when the running game actually was better, he should've done better, but that isn't the case. His performance was independent of the running game.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Andrew Luck is a superstar. He's the kind of guy who is able to overcome pretty much anything, a bad offensive line, a terrible defense, even his OWN bad plays, and still win the game. That's the definition of elite.

But it's hilarious that some people use Luck's outstanding play to bring Tannehill down. Like Andrew Luck being Andrew Luck immediately means Ryan sucks. If Luck would've failed to make a comeback after throwing 3 picks, would that have changed your opinion on Ryan Tannehill? No. So why is it that Andrew Luck being his awesome self is so relevant to our own QB? The answer is simple. It shouldn't be. Ryan is what he is because of his own merits and flaws. End of story.

If you want to create a thread where you talk about how much Tannehill blows, go ahead. But I find this constant need to compare Ryan to every other QB in the league to be completely pointless. He will never become Andrew Luck, but that doesn't mean he can't become a pretty good QB. And if he doesn't? Then we look at our next option. At the end of the day Andrew Luck will still be Andrew Luck. And he still won't be our QB.
You don't know what's good and what isn't if you don't look at what the other QBs in the league are doing.

Take a gander at Dan Marino's college stats, especially his senior year and you'll see why college numbers mean nothing in the NFL. If they did Timmy Chang would've been on his way to a hall of game career right now.
Palma you have to understand that when a belief is near and dear, it takes a perfect correlation to cast any doubt on it. There can't be any exceptions to the rule, because the person about whom the belief is near and dear (Tannehill) will be thought to be an exception as well! ;)

Back
Top Bottom