Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl

both qbs did play very well...weeden looked a little nervous at first but he settled down and looked good...i have to think last night helped him...i wouldn't go so far as to say he outperformed luck though...

i'm comfortable with where i have him...

Weeden's weapons are far better than any QB playing in college today. Weeden outproduced Luck because of Blackmon's play. Comparing QB's "head-to-head" is a crap way of analyzing their play. QB's don't play head-to-head. Hell, I'm not even sure one could say that Weeden was the better QB last night. Luck completed nearly 90% of his passes for 350yds and 2 TD's. Luck's yards per pass average was 2 yards greater than Weedens. Did you see Blackmon last night? If not for Blackmon breaking tackles and refusing to go down Weeden has a mediocre game, at best.

You watched a different game than I did.

hey jim...hows that tim tebow thing goin for ya...he of the 4 for 20 for like 40 yards...only able to muster up a damn fg in a win and you're in home game against the freakin chiefs...

lmao

hey jim...hows that tim tebow thing goin for ya...he of the 4 for 20 for like 40 yards...only able to muster up a damn fg in a win and you're in home game against the freakin chiefs...

lmao

Well, he turned a buried team around into a division champion and playoff team. Choke on that for a while. His knack for winning was a huge part of my analysis, and given the egg on your face regarding your lame analysis as per Tebow- well, it figures that you would comment on this after he had a bad game, after you've been choking on your own crapitude for the last several months. A guy like you, who was so incredibly wrong on the subject to comment on it- that's only to be expected. Like water, you consistently seek out your own level. And as to your frequent use of the internet standard "lfmao"- that's pretty much my thought every time I see "draft guru" under your screen name.

My previous post was deleted because it was made irrelevant by subsequent posts, so you can calm down and take a time out as per that.

Most people have the top QBs in this Draft (excluding Weeden) as Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Landry Jones and Nick Foles. Brandon Weeden has now faced all five of them, BEATEN all five of them AND OUT-PRODUCED all five of them in each of the games played.

I'm sorry but that counts for something because when you get right down to it there's a strong correlation between passing efficiency differential (offense minus defense), and winning football games. The goal of getting a really good QB is aimed specifically at that, the fact that if you pass better than the other guy during a game, you probably win. They don't just hand Super Bowl trophies to whoever is the best QB, and even though Tom Brady is considered better than a Phil Rivers you shouldn't be all that surprised when a Phil Rivers out-produces a Tom Brady and wins the game because Phil Rivers is that caliber a passer, and that's what you're looking for.

Well, no matter how much you notch up the competition in this Draft, Brandon Weeden has out-dueled that guy and beat him. That's what you're looking for, a guy that can do that on Sunday. Would I take Andrew Luck? Absolutely. I've been an Andrew Luck guy for approximately 26 months. But the chances are PRET-TY slim on that.

People talk about Weeden under pressure and in the pocket, his feet, etc. I don't get the criticism. It's what I like about him best. Or near as much. I also really love the confidence and aggression in his arm, and of course the accuracy and quality of the ball at all distances is second to maybe one. But under pressure he's extremely fluid in the pocket, always shuffling his feet. He doesn't try to hit homeruns with his scrambling ability. He tries to hit a lot of singles.

There was a perfect example and it happened to be on the one sack he took during the game. Stanford ran a disguised front where they had a lot of guys standing up and moving around just before the snap, then sent A gap pressure up the middle. A blitzer came right through the right side A gap barely touched. Weeden NEVER took his eyes off the field, and yet somehow he sensed that guy coming through and stepped one step to his left side, eyes still on the field, putting his tailback blocker directly in between Weeden and the blitzer. That was unbelievable in how natural and EFFECTIVE it was. I say effective because Weeden wasn't trying to hit a homerun with his scrambling ability, doing some ridiculous bit of scrambling out of the pocket, buying 3 to 5 more seconds and trying to unleash something deep. All he wanted to buy was 1 more second because that's all he felt he needed to get the ball out to the man he wanted.

Now, as it happens, on the play, the man he wanted ended up tightly covered and re-routed, and so Weeden had to pull down the ball and take a sack. But what's remarkable about the play is, here you've got this disguised blitz, disguised front, A gap blitzers and a guy coming right through the A gap untouched...and the resulting sack was a COVERAGE SACK. That's right, it was a COVERAGE SACK...because Weeden made the subtlest little move that bought him all the time he would have needed to throw that ball if his receiver hadn't been so thoroughly blasted by the coverage.

Do you know how Marino-esque that is?

And color me confused with all this continued criticism that if you get Weeden to move his feet he can't throw. That's some straight horse poopey. Does he lose the edge on his ridiculous accuracy/ball placement at all distances when he's moving around? Absolutely. Does just about every single quarterback not named Aaron Rodgers also lose the edge on their accuracy/ball placement when forced to move around? You're damn right.

What I notice about Weeden when he's moving around is he's a heck of a lot better athlete than people give him credit for. Look at that TD run. That was no easy run. He had to break tackles and run like a Wildcat QB, like he's Tim Tebow or something...but he still willed it in. I think what he lacks in this department is just REPS. I think if you got him into an offense where you asked him to do this more, he'd get better and better with it and then before you know it, who knows maybe you DO have an Aaron Rodgers on your hands as far as not losing accuracy/ball placement on the run.

I'm sorry but for all of the good things you see in him I can not look past his age. Being a 29 yr old rookie is not acceptable. Oh and don't get me started on playing 19-21yr old competition at the age of 28.

I stopped reading right here. This is a piss poor way of looking at a TEAM game.

Did Weeden "BEAT" them all by himself? Was he catching his own passes, handing off the ball to himself and playing defense all by himself? If no, then he did not "BEAT" all five of them.

If Weeden didn't have the most dominate WR in all of college football then I may think he's worth a 3rd round pick. However, most QB's do very well in that Cowboy's offense without the most dominate WR in all of college football.

To be honest, I'm glad. What I write is not meant for the likes of you.

both qbs did play very well...weeden looked a little nervous at first but he settled down and looked good...i have to think last night helped him...i wouldn't go so far as to say he outperformed luck though...

i'm comfortable with where i have him...

I think you might be underestimating the importance of the turnovers. Brandon Weeden did throw an interception right away, but so did Andrew Luck, and so they were even on that front. However, with his end zone at his back, Andrew Luck botched a hand-off to the fullback, because he was nervous and sloppy and put the ball on the fullback's collar bone instead of in his gut...and gave Oklahoma State the ball right on the goal line, and that ended up being the difference in the game. Literally.

Weeden accounted for four touchdowns on the day and one turnover, Luck accounted for two touchdowns and two turnovers. If that's not one guy outperforming the other, then I guess there's never really any point in saying any guy ever outperformed any other guy on any given day.

Well, he turned a buried team around into a division champion and playoff team. Choke on that for a while. His knack for winning was a huge part of my analysis, and given the egg on your face regarding your lame analysis as per Tebow- well, it figures that you would comment on this after he had a bad game, after you've been choking on your own crapitude for the last several months. A guy like you, who was so incredibly wrong on the subject to comment on it- that's only to be expected. Like water, you consistently seek out your own level. And as to your frequent use of the internet standard "lfmao"- that's pretty much my thought every time I see "draft guru" under your screen name.

My previous post was deleted because it was made irrelevant by subsequent posts, so you can calm down and take a time out as per that.

i see we hit a nerve..awesome...as my for my draft guru thing i'll take you on head to head any day all day...and wipe the floor with you...

LOL @ Tebow turning a team around, it was his damn defense that turned that tam around, just to get bounced rd1 in the playoffs. Waste of damn time.

To be honest, I'm glad. What I write is not meant for the likes of you.

Wow. Seems as if you took my post personally? My post wasn't a knock on you personally. It's true though; comparing QB's on a head-to-head basis is a very poor way of analyzing QB's. Just because I don't fall lockstep with all of your OPINION's (like some of the sheep here) doesn't mean you have to get hurt feelings. :chuckle:

i see we hit a nerve..awesome...as my for my draft guru thing i'll take you on head to head any day all day...and wipe the floor with you...

blah
blah
blah

You would actually have to be good to hit a nerve with me, and even then it's not likely. It's just not worth it with a clown like you.

You have the dual curse of having pedestrian knowledge and being petty- in other words, you're a waste of time. To paraphrase Motley Crue, take your limited aptitude and don't go away mad- just go away.

blah
blah
blah

You would actually have to be good to hit a nerve with me, and even then it's not likely. It's just not worth it with a clown like you.

You have the dual curse of having pedestrian knowledge and being petty- in other words, you're a waste of time. To paraphrase Motley Crue, take your limited aptitude and don't go away mad- just go away.

that's right...i said it...wipe the floor with you...

Back
Top Bottom