Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl

I think you might be underestimating the importance of the turnovers. Brandon Weeden did throw an interception right away, but so did Andrew Luck, and so they were even on that front. However, with his end zone at his back, Andrew Luck botched a hand-off to the fullback, because he was nervous and sloppy and put the ball on the fullback's collar bone instead of in his gut...and gave Oklahoma State the ball right on the goal line, and that ended up being the difference in the game. Literally.

Weeden accounted for four touchdowns on the day and one turnover, Luck accounted for two touchdowns and two turnovers. If that's not one guy outperforming the other, then I guess there's never really any point in saying any guy ever outperformed any other guy on any given day.

Me thinks someone has a self-esteem problem and can't stand to be wrong.

Hey, to no one in particular, it's OK to be wrong. We're all wrong from time to time.

To CK, if all you're going to do is cherry pick one aspect of the game then I can do the same and insure that Weeden is the best QB in the history of football. :chuckle:

LOL @ Tebow turning a team around, it was his damn defense that turned that tam around, just to get bounced rd1 in the playoffs. Waste of damn time.

Sure- what a waste of time, he turned a team around and won a division, made the playoffs. Funny how the Broncos sucked before Tebow took over, defense and all. Great post.

that's right...i said it...wipe the floor with you...

Since your sig used to read "Luck or Barkley or our draft is a bust", and it seems we won't be able to get either, should the Dolphins just give away their draft picks?

Me thinks someone has a self-esteem problem and can't stand to be wrong.

Hey, to no one in particular, it's OK to be wrong. We're all wrong from time to time.

To CK, if all you're going to do is cherry pick one aspect of the game then I can do the same and insure that Weeden is the best QB in the history of football. :chuckle:

CK gave a great analysis of what was really going on, and for some reason you feel the need to dump on it. It was a much better effort than your pedestrian offerings that it's a team game and Blackmon made Weeden look good.

Weeden played a solid game- you're right in that Blackmon helped him a lot, but there's nothing wrong with giving a QB who won a bowl game and threw for 400 yards a little credit. Both QBs played very well, I'm surprised at some of the criticism, it goes a bit far imo.

i have no idea why jim wants to make it so personal...i guess because i don't buy into a 29 year old rookie qbs value in the top 10...but lets make it personal...jim you don't know squat...the only thing you bring to the table is daily mock draft links as you search the internet in every nook and cranny for brandon weedens name in the top 10 to help you validate your position...

i have more than validated myself over time as a draft analyst on this board...ask ck ask slimm ask all of them...you...lmao...well..you're here

Why does everyone have to give their credentials in order to prove they are right? Just state your opinion and see how it plays out...

i have no idea why jim wants to make it so personal...i guess because i don't buy into a 29 year old rookie qbs value in the top 10...but lets make it personal...jim you don't know squat...the only thing you bring to the table is daily mock draft links as you search the internet in every nook and cranny for brandon weedens name in the top 10 to help you validate your position...

i have more than validated myself over time as a draft analyst on this board...ask ck ask slimm ask all of them...you...lmao...well..you're here

You're completely full of it, and you're a hypocrite as well. I really don't care what you're analysis of Weeden or any other QB is, because I don't think that you're very good at analyzing Quarterbacks, or any other position for that matter.

As to your hypocrisy- this morning, out of the blue, I read this post from you, which has no relevance to this thread:
"hey jim...hows that tim tebow thing goin for ya...he of the 4 for 20 for like 40 yards...only able to muster up a damn fg in a win and you're in home game against the freakin chiefs...

lmao"

So again that piece of crap, petty and needless post, combined with the first line of this post of yours which I am responding to (highlighted for your convenience) shows what a petty hypocrite you are. You're out there blatantly off topic trolling with a nasty post directed at me, and then play the "who, me?" game with the classic response: "i have no idea why jim wants to make it so personal".

and this piece of crap post from you:

"i see we hit a nerve..awesome...as my for my draft guru thing i'll take you on head to head any day all day...and wipe the floor with you..."

Those are just pathetic posts which make you worthy of pos status. As a draft analyst you're advanced intermediate at best, veering more to just plain average. As a poster you're petty and lame. Take your garbage elsewhere, you're average analysis doesn't come close to warranting the pathetic, hypocritical crap that is far too often in your posts. So do us both a favor- take it elsewhere. I have no interest in your petty, spiteful bs or your limited draft knowledge.​

I wonder though how well Luck, RGIII, Tannehill and Foles would have done with Justin Blackmon running free. Have to admit, his receivers make him look very good.
Kendall Wright hasn't been doing the same, if not more?

CK did you like Cam Newton last year?

Actually CK loved Newton last year and so did I. I butted heads a little with CK about Mallet's off field issues. I totally agree with CK about Weeden this year. I actually think he is a much better prospect than Mallet was and if Weeden was not 29 years old he might be in the running for the first over all pick with Luck. He would most definitely be the second QB taken even if Matt Barkley was in this draft.

You're completely full of it, and you're a hypocrite as well. I really don't care what you're analysis of Weeden or any other QB is, because I don't think that you're very good at analyzing Quarterbacks, or any other position for that matter.

As to your hypocrisy- this morning, out of the blue, I read this post from you, which has no relevance to this thread:
"hey jim...hows that tim tebow thing goin for ya...he of the 4 for 20 for like 40 yards...only able to muster up a damn fg in a win and you're in home game against the freakin chiefs...

lmao"

So again that piece of crap, petty and needless post, combined with the first line of this post of yours which I am responding to (highlighted for your convenience) shows what a petty hypocrite you are. You're out there blatantly off topic trolling with a nasty post directed at me, and then play the "who, me?" game with the classic response: "i have no idea why jim wants to make it so personal".

and this piece of crap post from you:

"i see we hit a nerve..awesome...as my for my draft guru thing i'll take you on head to head any day all day...and wipe the floor with you..."

Those are just pathetic posts which make you worthy of pos status. As a draft analyst you're advanced intermediate at best, veering more to just plain average. As a poster you're petty and lame. Take your garbage elsewhere, you're average analysis doesn't come close to warranting the pathetic, hypocritical crap that is far too often in your posts. So do us both a favor- take it elsewhere. I have no interest in your petty, spiteful bs or your limited draft knowledge.​

the first one on tebow was really me just bustin chops since you pointed out earlier this year how you hit on tebow with your draft analysis and i told you i wouldn't be so quick to call that a hit...but you've got zero sense of humor...you want to attack me like you did...fine...i fight fire with fire...the last one was nothing but the truth...i'd wipe the floor with you...

CK did you like Cam Newton last year?

Yes. I did a more thorough review of Cam Newton's tape in December/January of last year and came away extremely impressed, not buying MOST of the criticisms that were floating around out there. We decided to do a thorough background and tape study on Cam Newton for the South Florida Sun Sentinel at a time when Newton was buzzing as a topic of conversation. In mid-February, at a time when Newton was not yet really being seriously considered by most media analysts for the #1 overall pick, we wrote that not only should Newton be the #1 overall, but that purely on a quarterbacking talent basis, he is a rare quarterback prospect that comes around maybe once in a decade. We wrote that the only reason you can't grade him as high as a once-in-decade type (like Peyton Manning) is because of the criminal history with the stolen laptop and a bunch of traffic/parking violations in Gainesville. But we also made it clear that we felt Newton had firmly put that kind of irresponsible behavior behind him, and had grown significantly at Blinn College.

I remember the atmosphere at the time we wrote all that, too. Mel Kiper wasn't a buyer. Todd McShay wasn't a buyer. Wes Bunting and Chad Reuter certainly were not. Mike Mayock was blasting Newton at every opportunity. Charlie Casserly was saying he's a 3rd round pick or some crap like that. Nolan Nawrocki was blasting Newton. I remember the Combine, during weigh-ins. The NFL Network desk with Mayock were discussing Newton, and Mayock was SICK of all the Newton talk. He's not worth all this talk, he kept saying. Someone put up a mock draft and had Carolina taking Newton #1. Off camera, at the desk, you could hear giggling from the guys sitting next to Mayock, who was apparently going apoplectic with rage. The guy talking about his mock asks, "What, you don't think the Panthers are taking a quarterback at #1?" The camera cuts to Mayock, whose face is literally red, and he shouts, "NOT THAT QUARTERBACK!"

That was the atmosphere and environment we were operating in when we wrote our piece on Newton. And we weren't just buyers of Cam Newton. We were one of the very few that can legitimately claim that the season he had in 2011 doesn't surprise us, based on our evaluation of his talent. And that's saying something.

the first one on tebow was really me just bustin chops since you pointed out earlier this year how you hit on tebow with your draft analysis and i told you i wouldn't be so quick to call that a hit...but you've got zero sense of humor...you want to attack me like you did...fine...i fight fire with fire...the last one was nothing but the truth...i'd wipe the floor with you...

Sure, keep telling yourself that. You're so average that it hurts, and it obvioulsy hurts you because you're so consistently defensive about it. Speaking of hurting, the mystery that is you're "draft guru" status can be solved with a few possible scenarios, and not surprisingly every one of those scenarios includes knee pads.

If I recall correctly I had you on "ignore" a few years ago. Now that I'm on my second go-around with finheaven, you're certaintly ready for that again. Take your crap- crap being defined in this case as your marginal draft analysis, combined with your lame posts and your obnoxious demeanor- elsewhere. I don't think that I can be any clearer than I have been already- I have no interest in your crappy posts or questionable, self deluded level of football knowledge. So take it elsewhere, you're a waste of space.

Actually CK loved Newton last year and so did I. I butted heads a little with CK about Mallet's off field issues. I totally agree with CK about Weeden this year. I actually think he is a much better prospect than Mallet was and if Weeden was not 29 years old he might be in the running for the first over all pick with Luck. He would most definitely be the second QB taken even if Matt Barkley was in this draft.

I don't know about "much better"...but yes I have Brandon Weeden as a better PRO quarterback talent than Mallett. Better feet, better in pressure situations.

One year ago I spoke with Brandon Weeden. I told Brandon that with Andrew Luck making the decision to stay in school, that made Brandon the most complete passing prospect potentially available in the Draft. Not necessarily the best period, because that honor belonged to Cam Newton...but the most complete passer.

I stand by that comment today. Fast forward a year, and he's still the most complete passing prospect in the Draft that isn't named Andrew Luck.

Sure, keep telling yourself that. You're so average that it hurts, and it obvioulsy hurts you because you're so consistently defensive about it. Speaking of hurting, the mystery that is you're "draft guru" status can be solved with a few possible scenarios, and not surprisingly every one of those scenarios includes knee pads.

If I recall correctly I had you on "ignore" a few years ago. Now that I'm on my second go-around with finheaven, you're certaintly ready for that again. Take your crap- crap being defined in this case as your marginal draft analysis, combined with your lame posts and your obnoxious demeanor- elsewhere. I don't think that I can be any clearer than I have been already- I have no interest in your crappy posts or questionable, self deluded level of football knowledge. So take it elsewhere, you're a waste of space.

fair enough...i can get the same value you bring by clicking copy and paste

Back
Top Bottom