Lynn for OC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn for OC

Supposedly, Lynn had a lot of say in the Chargers draft room, and it seems like they liked Tua just as much if not more than Herbert pre-draft.

Los Angeles Chargers general manager Tom Telesco revealed that his team would have drafted Tua Tagovailoa if the Miami Dolphins had passed on the former Alabama quarterback in last week’s NFL draft.

Telesco said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show” that the Chargers would have selected Tagovailoa with the No. 6 pick if the Dolphins took Justin Herbert at No. 5.

"Yeah, we felt great about both guys,” Telesco said. "Well, actually, we felt great about all three quarterbacks that went in the top six. All three are going to be really good players in this league, and it’s a comforting factor to know. We hope we don’t pick sixth very often. If we do, I won’t be making very many picks here. So with a pick this high, if there’s a potential down-the-road franchise quarterback there that you like — you have to take him.”

Perhaps he'd like to coach him....

Supposedly, Lynn had a lot of say in the Chargers draft room, and it seems like they liked Tua just as much if not more than Herbert pre-draft.

Perhaps he'd like to coach him....
Good dig up.
I heard the same thing too last year.

Him and Flo share the same character trait.
Just look at his presser.
Tough, no nonsense, yet good relationship with players.

Credit: Hoot

"Flores and Lynn don't have a prior working relationship, but met a couple of years ago at a coaching symposium, where Lynn made a major impression on Flores. "I went to him when I was a position coach. I met him at a symposium a few years back and picked his brain on a few different things," Flores said in October. "He probably doesn’t remember that, but I have a lot of respect for him as a coach, as a man. I think he has leadership qualities that are out of this world. His teams are tough. They are physical. And there are a lot of things that I took from him that I try to bring here, that I try to implement here. A lot of respect for him." Lynn interestingly interviewed for the Dolphins head-coaching opening after the 2015 season before they hired Adam Gase.

I live in SoCal, probably see him more than you guys.

He is solid. Good character. Know his Xs and Os. Not HC material yet, for OC would be fantastic.

He can turn Tua into what he did with Herbert.

Turn Tua into Herbert? No thanks.

His 3rd quarter and 2nd half let downs are the difference between being a HC today, and not.

Last edited:
Credit for starting herbert ok yeah although that could have come from ownership even. Credit for anything else with that qb I doubt it

Turn Tua into Herbert? No thanks.

His 3rd quarter and 2nd half let downs are the difference between being a HQ today, and not.
Did you actually watched any chargers game entirely?

I did.

It was defensive fault as much as anything. They have a high school defense.

Did you actually watched any chargers game entirely?

I did.

It was defensive fault as much as anything. They have a high school defense.

Debated this ad nauseum between weeks 4 and 8.

Your questions have already been answered.

Terrible HC who was truly awful with situational Football decisions.

I mean AWFUL.

I like him as an OC.

Some guys are just meant to be OC's or DC's and not HC's.

The Fins need to target a guy who understands Tua's strengths and weaknesses and will build an Offense around his strengths.

KC Quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka would be my choice but he is probably in line for the OC job there once Bieniemy gets a HC gig.

Back
Top Bottom