Lynn for OC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn for OC

Best offenses are usually young coach

What has Anthony Lynn done that merits him being considered for the offensive coordinator job? I feel that it would be a big mistake. Nice guy, but bad coach.
Broncos offensive assistant
Jax rb coach
Dallas rb coach
Browns rb coach
Jets assistant HC
Bills assistant/rb coach
Interview for HC job for the fins. We took Gase
Chargers HC, 12-4 in his second year.

Broncos offensive assistant
Jax rb coach
Dallas rb coach
Browns rb coach
Jets assistant HC
Bills assistant/rb coach
Interview for HC job for the fins. We took Gase
Chargers HC, 12-4 in his second year.

....so what has he done to warrant being offensive coordinator?

Best offenses are usually young coach
Who was the OC under Shula during 80s and 90s? Bill A wasn't a spring chicken.

Best offenses are usually coach with the best talents.

....so what has he done to warrant being offensive coordinator?
You have to know offense inside and out to be a rb coach.
You need to know the line and all blocking schemes, you need to know the gaps, you need to know the wr routes so the rb know where to go coming out of backfield. You need to know the twists and stunts of defense so you can tell rd how to help block and pick up the blitz. That just off the top of my head.

I can research and come back with more.

You have to know offense inside and out to be a rb coach.
You need to know the line and all blocking schemes, you need to know the gaps, you need to know the wr routes so the rb know where to go coming out of backfield. You need to know the twists and stunts of defense so you can tell rd how to pick up the blitz. That just off the top of my head.

I can research and come back with more.
I think he’s asking why specifically Lynn though. Kippy brown was a rb coach and not a very good oc. Every team has a rb coach. Would you feel comfortable with any of them?

Who was the OC under Shula during 80s and 90s? Bill A wasn't a spring chicken.

Best offenses are usually coach with the best talents.
You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Bill Arnsparger was Miami’s defensive coordinator in the early 70’s and for and a second stint from 76 through 83.

I think he’s asking why specifically Lynn though. Kippy brown was a rb coach and not a very good oc. Every team has a rb coach. Would you feel comfortable with any of them?
You can always find except to the general. I can give you example of good OC with rb coach background.

You can always find except to the general. I can give you example of good OC with rb coach background.
So are you saying that as a general rule, rb coaches make really good oc’s? Do you have something to back this up?

and I assume you’d be happy with any rb coach than?

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Bill Arnsparger was Miami’s defensive coordinator in the early 70’s and for and a second stint from 76 through 83.
You got me, that was long time ago. My memory doesn't serve me well.

But the point is the same, age and OC ability has no correlation, unless its dinosaur like Gailey.

And good talents have direct corrlation with OC success.

Last edited:
So are you saying that as a general rule, rb coaches make really good oc’s? Do you have something to back this up?

and I assume you’d be happy with any rb coach than?
There are many paths to be a good OC.
Being a rb coach is one of them. And a former HC is one of them too.

The general rule is, rb coach has a deeper understanding of the offense. For example, compare to wr coach.

Back
Top Bottom