Lynn for OC | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn for OC

I’m not a huge Lynn fan. In particular, his team played well below expectations the past 2 seasons. The core of the team hasn’t changed all that much since their 12-4 season in 2018. Yes, they have had some injury issues with their star players. However, a lot of their losses this season came down to mental mistakes. If he was deserving of most of the credit with Herbert it would have benefited the team to keep him around another season. Honestly, he isn’t the worst option and we saw a mediocre HC (Jason Garrett) do a decent job as the Giants OC this year. Given the available talent they had due to injuries.

I think Anthony Lynn would be an excellent fit for us and especially with Flo. Yes he had a hard time as a HC but LAs defense is just awful in situational football and the injuries didn’t help. But here he would just be an OC. As someone said above some guys are just better coordinators than HC. I think AL fits that description.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us go to the college ranks for our new OC. One guy I really like is Graham Harrell the OC at USC. He has done a phenomenal job with Kaden Slovis the USC QB and their offense in general. Plus he’s a young guy and can relate to our players. He’ll bring an modern offense as he comes from the “Air Raid” tree. I like GH a lot.

Why would he get credit for Herbert?

his background is all running backs and specials. Pass unless he’s being hired to coach running backs
Specials really? I didn’t know that. I knew he was known for the running game. Boy did he blow it last year.

I’m not a huge Lynn fan. In particular, his team played well below expectations the past 2 seasons. The core of the team hasn’t changed all that much since their 12-4 season in 2018. Yes, they have had some injury issues with their star players. However, a lot of their losses this season came down to mental mistakes. If he was deserving of most of the credit with Herbert it would have benefited the team to keep him around another season. Honestly, he isn’t the worst option and we saw a mediocre HC (Jason Garrett) do a decent job as the Giants OC this year. Given the available talent they had due to injuries.
Lynn wouldn’t be coming here as the HC so that cancels out your very first point to begin with. He’s a well rounded offensive mind who likes the running game, passing game and likes to use his tight ends. Not every OC or DC are made out to be head coaches. Don’t know whats not to like about the guy. You’re talking about his misfortunes this year as a HC. So I don’t see any valid points in your post

Chargers did great job w herbert..he would be nice OC. Might help Tua get his touch back..

Most of these HC are great coordinator..not really great HC coaches.. that why they get fired at alarming rate...just because eric leaving k.c doesn't mean he going have same success w jets as he would w k.c..

Lynn wouldn’t be coming here as the HC so that cancels out your very first point to begin with. He’s a well rounded offensive mind who likes the running game, passing game and likes to use his tight ends. Not every OC or DC are made out to be head coaches. Don’t know whats not to like about the guy. You’re talking about his misfortunes this year as a HC. So I don’t see any valid points in your post
I would argue that Lynn’s lack of play calling experience (or real OC duties full time) makes him a better HC than a OC. He pretty much went from RB coach (forever) to Interim HC/OC after Bills fired Rex Ryan to HC. Did he really even call plays in Buffalo?

Hell no. He’s been a TERRIBLE head coach. That’s obviously different than an OC but I still wouldn’t even trust him with that much responsibility. He’s the definition of doing less with more.

Now as a position coach sure, but there no way in hell I’d want that fool calling my plays.

Back
Top Bottom