Madison on Kohou | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison on Kohou

Kohou could have a bright future with the Fins, because IMO they should start looking to replace Jones and Howard as soon as their contracts allow it. Miami is NOT getting their money's worth from those two... time to move on. The money saved would go a long way toward acquiring more outside talent and keeping their own young talent when their rookie contracts are up.
I think that's the likely plan. Both are veterans whose best years might be behind them.

Maybe that takes away the need for a corner high in the draft?

Kohou has been a terrific find.
No if it means we don't need another + corner, with Jones and Howard on questionable trajectories. Yes if it means we can count on this FO to find another diamond in the rough for next year

But realistcally we need to probably replace both Jones and Howard, unless Howard really lights it up the rest of this year. By the time he heals up fully I fear age related decline will kick in and dominate.

Madison and I are lined up on this one. I have been saying all season that Kohou will be a boundary starter in this league. He looks like a darn good number 2 corner.

Love watching Kohou play. What he lacks in height, he makes up with great technique, hips, strong at Pont of attack, great at shedding blocks and tackling. coverage has been solid too. He’s only gonna get better. In an ideal world, he’d be ourr nickel, but he’s played himself into our most reliable DB this season.

Next years D backfield:
- X
- Kohou
- Needham
- round 2/3 rookie (Garret Williams?)
- Iggy
- Campbell / Crossen / Bethel ?

- Holland
- Jones
- Trill
- McKinley

An undrafted D2 player doing this well as a ROOKIE is almost unheard of.

Great find by the Fins scouting department and good coaching by Sam and Pat, not to mention hard work by the kid.

This is the thing, Sam said it best, he allows himself to be coached.

Miami needs these players with some talent, but willing to listen to their coaches.

Love watching Kohou play. What he lacks in height, he makes up with great technique, hips, strong at Pont of attack, great at shedding blocks and tackling. coverage has been solid too. He’s only gonna get better. In an ideal world, he’d be ourr nickel, but he’s played himself into our most reliable DB this season.

Next years D backfield:
- X
- Kohou
- Needham
- Iggy

- Holland
- Jones
- Trill
- McKinley
You left Byron Jones off that list, is he going somewhere?

He carries close to a 19 million cap hit and close to 15 million in dead money in 2023.

The dead money drops to 10 million in 24 with the same near 19 million cap hit.

Unless his injury forces him to retire he is going nowhere.

X is not going anywhere either, he carries a massive 33 million in dead money next year and 23 million the year after.

Maybe the team can perform some Cap magic on X and Jone's deals but that will just be pushing the problem down the road.

The only good outcome is that both of them get healthy and return to form.

Next years D backfield:
- X
- Kohou
- Needham
- Iggy

- Holland
- Jones
- Trill
- McKinley
Garrett Williams is a name to watch. But unfortunately I don't think he'll make it to Miami's pick in round 2.

Garrett Williams played with Trill at Syracuse. And like Trill, he's a very talented and physical CB.

You left Byron Jones off that list, is he going somewhere?

He carries close to a 19 million cap hit and close to 15 million in dead money in 2023.

The dead money drops to 10 million in 24 with the same near 19 million cap hit.

Unless his injury forces him to retire he is going nowhere.
No way he retires and leleaves all that money on the table. I sure wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom