Madison on Kohou | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison on Kohou

I think that's the likely plan. Both are veterans whose best years might be behind them.
In offseason Might actually be a good time to pivot away from this man-heavy, relatively one-dimesional style of D. Invest more in a demonic pass rush which would translate to any style of defense, and/or a new DC that knows how to be versatile. Perhaps we'd want corners to be less talented as pure cover corners but more adaptable...

In offseason Might actually be a good time to pivot away from this man-heavy, relatively one-dimesional style of D. Invest more in a demonic pass rush which would translate to any style of defense, and/or a new DC that knows how to be versatile. Perhaps we'd want corners to be less talented as pure cover corners but more adaptable...
was thinking the same thing. The cover 0 depend on 2 HEALTHY and quality, man coverage corners, at which point we have none (Kohou may be one day soon). When the system is on, it’s on (read last years win streak). But it’s hit/miss. And we’re missing right now. It’s putting too many eggs in one basket. We need to diversify somehow. Too late now mid season, but certainly something to reflect on and ponder for next year. Might we look to replace Boyer? Looking more like Flores (and healthy DBs) orchestrated that defensive last year.

X is injured which shows, but he still is put on an "island" pretty often, and many completions on him have been very close to being PDs. Holland has to shadow Iggy like its high noon... hopefully after the by X is X.

It looked like X was listed on the injury report as Vet Rest. No injury designation.

Fingers crossed that that's all behind him.

I didn't think he had a shot at getting back to himself until the bye, but the sooner the better.

Hamstrings take forever to heal. He should be 100% by playoffs if he doesn’t pull it again. Need Byron jones to come back in December as well and defense should look great come playoffs.

Hamstrings take forever to heal. He should be 100% by playoffs if he doesn’t pull it again. Need Byron jones to come back in December as well and defense should look great come playoffs.

I thought it was X’s groin that was giving him fits.

Surtain was more consistent for a longer period of time. Madison made his share of ”splash” plays, but he just wasn’t as solid a player as Surtain.
You have that backwards. Plus Madison made more pro bowls back when the pro bowl actually meant something.

Edit - dumb argument, both were good. Madison is my preference.

He has saved the secondary from complete collapse this season. Sure he’s gotten burned a few times himself, but he’s basically the only guy right now that you have confidence in to get a stop in a crucial situation, with X not being himself
If Howard is hurt then why is he out there? He's getting beat straight up, and why is he running across the field with these younger receivers, he can't run with them, and he's not cagey enough to to disguise himself in coverage.

I'd add linebackers who can tackle. This second half is a "prove it" time for Boyer. Can he begin to adapt now that cover zero isn't nearly as effective?

If Howard is hurt then why is he out there? He's getting beat straight up, and why is he running across the field with these younger receivers, he can't run with them, and he's not cagey enough to to disguise himself in coverage.

Likely because X at 70% is better than the backups at 100%

If I remember correctly, designating Jones as a post-June 1st cut would save Miami $14M
You would still be dealing with close to 15 million in dead Cap.

Assuming the Cap goes up a bit from the 208 million it was this year you are talking about wasting a pretty big chunk as right now the Fins have 13 million in Cap space for next year.

I know there are plenty of moves that can open space, and fill it so we don't really know how much room they will have, but 15 million is a lot of space to blow just to be rid of a guy who when healthy can play at a pretty high level.

You would still be dealing with close to 15 million in dead Cap.

Assuming the Cap goes up a bit from the 208 million it was this year you are talking about wasting a pretty big chunk as right now the Fins have 13 million in Cap space for next year.

I know there are plenty of moves that can open space, and fill it so we don't really know how much room they will have, but 15 million is a lot of space to blow just to be rid of a guy who when healthy can play at a pretty high level.
Per OTC, cutting Jones as a pre-June 1st cut, would save $4M but leave $15M in dead cap, which I believe is the number you are looking at.

However, designating him as a post-June 1st cut, would save $14M and only leave $4M in dead cap. Those savings seem like a no-brainer for a player that can’t even get on the field

Back
Top Bottom