Madison on Kohou | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison on Kohou

Per OTC, cutting Jones as a pre-June 1st cut, would save $4M but leave $15M in dead cap, which I believe is the number you are looking at.

However, designating him as a post-June 1st cut, would save $14M and only leave $4M in dead cap. Those savings seem like a no-brainer for a player that can’t even get on the field
If that is the case then that is certainly do-able.

They might also be able to get him to take a pay cut if he thinks there is not much demand for him on the open market.

To be fair, it's very hard to design a better than average D that is bulletproof against injury against say, your top 2 players. Even if you OPed the pass rush, that would go away with your top $$$ linemen out.

And to flip the field, imagine the same exercise with our offense...Tua and Tyreek gone? We are instantly bottom 5, as we have seen.

Strategically though I think it does make sense to limit risk, and in this age of offense+, rely on a high-octane passing offense staying healthy, while aiming more for stability of performance and adaptability of strategy on D.

I guess my goal would be to have an above average D via strong pass rush when healthy, but near-average team even with top 2-3 players out. That would actually point more towards what the patriots managed to hold together for a decade +.
: Completely adaptable week to week
: could apply steady pressure to the QB -- esp up the middle, even if no sack, it is more likely to impact the play on its own
: smart, solid fundamentally, among the least penalized units in the league

This would require a huge overhaul of personnel however that we sort of just got done doing to fit our current scheme...it's a tough call.

Last edited:
So, we know it is going to be harder money wise to move on from X eventually, but what if we just moved him back into a safety role? Cover TE's like Rowe does. A few years down the road, corners always lose a step when they are on the wrong side of 30. But a dude with his ball skills could be pretty good there, maybe? Trill could also maybe play this role... who knows how the injury will affect him

Cut or trade Byron Jones when fiscally reasonable.

Kohou ready to develop into a starter. Draft some new guys for corner and we're back in business db - wise

Back
Top Bottom