Madison on Kohou | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison on Kohou

KK has two traits all good CBs need - very good technique and mental quickness. A year's experience and he should be much better in season 2.
Excellent point about his technique. It's as good as many multiyear veteran Corners. No idea if he had great collegiate coaching, or Sam n Pat gave him a crash course on proper NFL corner play. Likely a combination of both. Either way, I would say he has rare high level of being coachable. How many UDFAs are going to step into a scheme this complex, and be a solid starter day one? Even Needham took a year to be usable.

Garrett Williams is a name to watch. But unfortunately I don't think he'll make it to Miami's pick in round 2.

Garrett Williams played with Trill at Syracuse. And like Trill, he's a very talented and physical CB.
Williams tore his ACL in the loss to Notre Dame so he might slip in the Draft.

Prior to the injury he was projected late 1st/early 2nd.

Williams tore his ACL in the loss to Notre Dame so he might slip in the Draft.

Prior to the injury he was projected late 1st/early 2nd.
Unfortunately I saw that happen. Love the kid. Think he's an almost perfect fit for Miami.

No if it means we don't need another + corner, with Jones and Howard on questionable trajectories. Yes if it means we can count on this FO to find another diamond in the rough for next year

But realistcally we need to probably replace both Jones and Howard, unless Howard really lights it up the rest of this year. By the time he heals up fully I fear age related decline will kick in and dominate.
The reality is you can never have enough quality corners. I do hope Howard has a strong second half. Seems like he's been battling injuries all season.

To a layman, covering a receiver is one of the most underrated feats in sports.
The amount of athleticism it takes to stay with an NFL WR, when the receiver knows where he's going and you dont, is World Class. Gaining experience and being able to successfully predict a route and timing greatly reduces the amount of pure athleticism that's necessary, which is why some DBs can be useful for a long time.
Iggy has just seemed incredibly slow in learning how to be in the right place and getting angles to break up or intercept passes and Iggy is not a special athlete for the position. That, and Iggy's ball skills have been pretty subpar.
Dolphins only hope is that a light goes on for Iggy to where he can start reading the routes and get a jump before the receiver does.

Signing Byron Jones has proved to be Disastrous!
First of all, his ball skills are mediocre AF, over-paying him then led to having to pay Howard a shitload more money, and this mofo is hurt all the fkn time.

Ive been a little bullish on Grier in recent weeks but Byron Jones signing was a fkn Turd.

You left Byron Jones off that list, is he going somewhere?

He carries close to a 19 million cap hit and close to 15 million in dead money in 2023.

The dead money drops to 10 million in 24 with the same near 19 million cap hit.

Unless his injury forces him to retire he is going nowhere.
Good point. Im just hoping they find a creative way to move on from him.

If they could only get Byron Jones back and Howard could get over his groin injury, the addition of Kohou
would make the secondary more what is was the past two years than the struggling secondary it has been most of this season.
it looks to me like Byron Jones is doing some shady stuff..Coach is clealry frustrated and get all verclemped when he has to talk about him

You left Byron Jones off that list, is he going somewhere?

He carries close to a 19 million cap hit and close to 15 million in dead money in 2023.

The dead money drops to 10 million in 24 with the same near 19 million cap hit.

Unless his injury forces him to retire he is going nowhere.
If I remember correctly, designating Jones as a post-June 1st cut would save Miami $14M

Back
Top Bottom