Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, We Really Screwed Up Bypassing T.j. Watt!

Yes, because the Dolphins historically draft sooo well every year. The team is chock full of probowlers. We really hit home runs with Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Jared Odrick, and Devonte Parker. Yes every now and then we find a player. That's the exception, not the rule.
That was an idiotic response to this thread. You need to go drink some prune juice dude. You might be constipated.

2016 NFL Draft the Dolphins selected Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant....hit on 4, missed on 4...But the 4 we hit on have had positive impacts on games...2017 we got 2 decent starters on the DL in Godcheaux and Taylor....McMillian is still growing and learning and doing ok for what is actually his rookie year...the 2015 draft was insanely top heavy...only 6 players after the 1st round have been to the pro bowl and one of them was Ajayi...

So it's not the people who actually make the picks.

Because they work for the "typical Dolphins" they're magically/mystically/psychically crappy drafters?

Huh. Who knew?

We might have killed 2018 (too soon to tell), but we definitely killed 2016 with the Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake trifecta, plus Jakeem Grant.

(That also happens to be our current GM's first draft. I'm aware you don't believe it has anything to do with who is sitting in the chair. It's the chair itself that matters).

I agree with you, so far Grier/Gase union seems to have produced much better draft results overall than the drafts prior, and every team misses. In fairness to the other side of this debate, though, when the Dolphins miss on first rounders, it tends to be a miss of spectacular proportions. It’s one thing to miss on a first rounder and wind up with a serviceable, if not a superstar player, but when the Dolphins miss, usually mediocrity would be an upgrade. We seem tied to boom or bust in the extreme.

I liked Watt a lot. Do you think if Pittsburgh had drafted Harris, he'd be just as good? I sometimes wonder about our coaching and scheme with player we draft.

Normally if a player can’t stay healthy in college he will also be injury prone in the NFL. I’m happy for Watt but I’m fine with not taking the risk. We don’t have Pittsburgh’s roster. They can afford to gamble.

Next year is year 3. Put up or get cut time.

Not saying I'm confident he'll turn it around, but giving him one more offseason before I join the Harris (definitely) sucks crowd.

Watt had two things against him, injuries and he didn't play with his hand in the dirt in college.

I really wanted Dallas to nab Watt, but they IMO fell in love with size/potential in Taco Charlton, who I think is a LDE in the NFL.

With teams in the nickel so often, and going pass happy, Watt could of been fine playing in a 3 point stance more. If it was an obvious run down just swap him out till he bulked up/ NFL strength

I used to be a believer that pure athletic ability trumps production, but after seeing what happened with the Jests with Gholston and us with Dion I no longer feel that way. I have no problem passing on Watt. Truth be told I thought Tammy needed a TE as a safety valve so I wanted Engram at that spot.

Yes, because the Dolphins historically draft sooo well every year. The team is chock full of probowlers. We really hit home runs with Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Jared Odrick, and Devonte Parker. Yes every now and then we find a player. That's the exception, not the rule.
That was an idiotic response to this thread. You need to go drink some prune juice dude. You might be constipated.
where are all these other teams drafting pro bowlers in every round every year?

I've always wondered how a real-time draft choice via poll on this site would fare measured up against our actual draft choices.

Would FH (as a whole....or say the 100 most active posters or whatever) be able to collectively draft better than the people in charge?

Seemed like the obvious pick to me. Some indicated he didn't fit the system here, but I'm not sure about that.

I've always wondered how a real-time draft choice via poll on this site would fare measured up against our actual draft choices.

Would FH (as a whole....or say the 100 most active posters or whatever) be able to collectively draft better than the people in charge?

I'm gonna do a real time thread in the draft forum this April for this exact purpose. Been meaning to for a few years but have done a draft party and got drunk and forgot. Pretty sure it'll just be me this time around so I'll do a real time thread during and then add the hindsight picks in after. I'll bump it every year to see how people fare. That way when I say 'I had Harris as a 5th', I have something to substantiate it. Plus we can see how good us internet draft goons really are.

Last edited:
I'm gonna do a real time thread in the draft forum this April for this exact purpose. Been meaning to for a few years but have done a draft party and got drunk and forgot. Pretty sure it'll just be me this time around so I'll do a real time thread during and then add the hindsight picks in after. I'll bump it every year to see how people fare. That way when I say 'I had Harris as 5th', I have something to substantiate it. Plus we can see how good us internet draft goons really are.

Man that’s a great idea! Let’s do it. I was on the D James bandwagon last year but also liked J Willis so..

Back
Top Bottom