Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021

I got queasy about Tannehill by about year four. The guy needed a perfect situation to succeed. If Tua sparks it up that’s great, but the Dolphins may be one of those ready made contenders that are just in need of a QB, like Tampa Bay was last year. Rodgers and Watson may be around by the in-season trade deadline, will the Dolphins bite?

I got queasy about Tannehill by about year four. The guy needed a perfect situation to succeed. If Tua sparks it up that’s great, but the Dolphins may be one of those ready made contenders that are just in need of a QB, like Tampa Bay was last year. Rodgers and Watson may be around by the in-season trade deadline, will the Dolphins bite?
No

Exactly. People putting too much stock in an int filled practice when no one knows what they were trying to do on offense are grasping at straws looking for reasons to nit pick. Tua himself said they were being aggressive pushing the ball down the field and trying to throw in small windows in that type of weather so they could get it on film to study it. I’d be worried if this was a real live game with real live bullets firing but not in a fricken practice, the first one of the year for crying out loud.

****, Lawrence another “generational talent” threw 2 picks as well. I don’t see anyone screaming him as being a bust.
2 picks is a far cry from 5. They aren't even on the same planet. And the idea that Tua sucks isn't predicated on 5 picks in OTAs. It's predicated on his getting benched multiple times for sucking.

Last edited:
The coaches could have also told Tua to just wing it and not worry about INT's. They want to see how things go so they can adjust, tweek and fine tune, see what things they've installed Tua does well, what doesn't work. Gotta find that out now.
If the picks are happening in September, uh oh.
Now? Who knows what Tua has been told to do.
Can anyone fill me in, all those INT, was it Tua slinging the rock down field, or short to medium passes?

Let him throw picks now when it doesnt matter. He was benched because he WASN’T taking the shots Flores wanted him to take and was holding the ball or throwing to safety valves.

Now he is in camp and slinging it, so let’s let him get used to taking the risks now

The thing I like about Tua is he typically doesn’t throw a lot of picks and is accurate with the ball. If anything he was too conservative last year. Sounds like he is out there taking more chances and throwing it around and that should pay off once we get into August/September.

A lot of the people who were whining about Tua not taking risks with his throws last year are the same ones whining about his INTs in a fricken minicamp.
Hold it right there.
You have information we don't have? The INT were the result of him slinging the rock deep into tight coverage, or short to medium lenght?
I don't know, I am just asking question. You seem to have the answer. Please share with us.

First day training camp, all those INT are meaningless. It doesn't count.
However in the second day of training camp, Tua have 6 TD and complete long passes after long passes, then it means Tua has arrived and place him on the same level of Mahomes.

Because we all know first day and second day carry completely different weight.

Hold it right there.
You have information we don't have? The INT were the result of him slinging the rock deep into tight coverage, or short to medium lenght?
I don't know, I am just asking question. You seem to have the answer. Please share with us.
"I don't know, I'm just asking questions ".
The new phase of an absolute loser whose only goal is to push falsehoods. I'm sending you and T Carlson back to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom