Mando: Fins 'love' Paxton Lynch | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Fins 'love' Paxton Lynch

So you'd be picking in the top two.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

I have beaten the drum on this a ton lately…rumors like this is why RT needs to step up from now through the rest of the year. It is foolish to just blame Campbell or Lazor etc. Tannehill is at risk if he does not step up real soon.
he's going to start feeling all that rumor mill pressure - not good for anyone. He needs to squash it with his play on the field.

he's going to start feeling all that rumor mill pressure - not good for anyone. He needs to squash it with his play on the field.

He squashed it when he signed his deal. We can draft seven qb's, but it won't change that Tannehill is the qb for 2016.

Lynch is a talent, but he's a project too.

If Miami drafts a qb please don't make it a project again.
^ Agreed He is a project but it wouldn't be such a bad idea if we had a staff that knew how to develop a quarterback. If we did draft Lynch I would want him to go the rodgers,palmer,rivers route and sit for two years before he starts.

He squashed it when he signed his deal. We can draft seven qb's, but it won't change that Tannehill is the qb for 2016.

Why can't you take a QB this year to have behind RT in case he continues to regress? This next coach has no investment in RT.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Well said.

Why can't you take a QB this year to have behind RT in case he continues to regress? This next coach has no investment in RT.

Like I said draft your qb but that doesn't change the fact the Tannehill will be the qb, he will get a fair shot without Bubbles calling plays. And no rookie qb is passing Tannehill on the draft chart, you're lying to yourself if you think so.

Like I said draft your qb but that doesn't change the fact the Tannehill will be the qb, he will get a fair shot without Bubbles calling plays. And no rookie qb is passing Tannehill on the draft chart, you're lying to yourself if you think so.

New coach, top five draft pick and they were to draft their own guy? I think by the end of the year he'd be passed on depth chart by Halloween.

I like Tannehill. I like many parts of his game. They have put time and money into him. However, RT needs to do his part and start show progress. He still has time. However, if he flatlines the rest of the year, I am ready to bring in competition for him.

^ Agreed He is a project but it wouldn't be such a bad idea if we had a staff that knew how to develop a quarterback. If we did draft Lynch I would want him to go the rodgers,palmer,rivers route and sit for two years before he starts.

I doubt it would be 2 years as Tannehills 2017 cap hit is over $20 million and any team that pays a "gatekeeper"
that kind of money is collectively insane

"Bubbles"...:sidelol:

New coach, top five draft pick and they were to draft their own guy? I think by the end of the year he'd be passed on depth chart by Halloween.

I like Tannehill. I like many parts of his game. They have put time and money into him. However, RT needs to do his part and start show progress. He still has time. However, if he flatlines the rest of the year, I am ready to bring in competition for him.

Yeah maybe if there was a Luck or Manning prospect coming out of the draft I could see that being a possibility but that's not the case with this draft. You are also talking nonsense with us using a top 5 pick on a qb with Tannehill's deal and the many needs this team has. Again I don't see any qb in this draft outplaying Tannehill for the starting gig next year.

Harp on Tannehill all you want you'll never convince me that it is his fault this year. The offense struggles this year have been on the quarterback, key penalties and drops on critical downs, sacks, piss poor play calling and coaching. Nine times out of ten it isn't the qb's fault.

Yeah maybe if there was a Luck or Manning prospect coming out of the draft I could see that being a possibility but that's not the case with this draft. You are also talking nonsense with us using a top 5 pick on a qb with Tannehill's deal and the many needs this team has. Again I don't see any qb in this draft outplaying Tannehill for the starting gig next year.

Harp on Tannehill all you want you'll never convince me that it is his fault this year. The offense struggles this year have been on the quarterback, key penalties and drops on critical downs, sacks, piss poor play calling and coaching. Nine times out of ten it isn't the qb's fault.

I AM a Tannehill supporter. I just want to see him get better. That is all. I do not have a high bar…just get better.

I agree that the replacement has to be an off the charts type of guy.

So much time and money has been put into RT, I do not want to go back. I think he is tough, smart and a team guy. I am more than willing to go forward with him. I just demand he gets better over the next few weeks. That is on him. I just do not make excuses for him.

The comments were made to make Ryan tighten up.

That would be great if it came from Hickey or Tannebaum but as far as coming from Lazor or Campbell i doubt it means much. So who knows? More than likely Mando is pulling stuff out of his ass.

This team has much bigger needs than QB, namely OLinemen, CB, LB, FS, and possibly DE.
The defense cannot hold it's own without some premiere young talent -- so far a lot of the young talent, and subs, have not panned out well. I think it'd be a mistake to throw any early-round pick on a QB prospect when they won't be an immediate contributor, and miss out on a top defense prospect to pair into a Suh-centric defense.

By 2017, I would say yes, draft a QB. At that point, the jury would then be universally out on Tannehill, and a decision could be made with his contract's options. This makes the competition for the QB job all the more legitimate with a better chance for a rookie to win the job.

A lot of teams like Lynch. Bills have also been reported as heavily interested.

Back
Top Bottom