Manning and Colts parting ways.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning and Colts parting ways....

Former Raven's Coach Brian Billick, on the NFL Network, is making it sound like Peyton may not be able to adopt to other NFL systems, and that teams who want Peyton are going to have to change to meet Peyton's demands, and change their offense to fit him. Billick is like the turd you can't flush.

Peyton Manning IS a system...

Former Raven's Coach Brian Billick, on the NFL Network, is making it sound like Peyton may not be able to adopt to other NFL systems, and that teams who want Peyton are going to have to change to meet Peyton's demands, and change their offense to fit him. Billick is like the turd you can't flush.

thats why I am glad we did not get him for HC.

Report: Fins very confident in Peyton signing

1493-1.jpg

One team source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins are "very confident" they have a "good chance" to land Peyton Manning.

The Palm Beach Post also suggests the Dolphins believe they "might be the leaders of the pack at this point." As the Herald's Armando Salguero astutely points out, the Dolphins were also confident in landing Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and playoff berths the past couple of years. At the very least, they can sell the fan base on the idea that they're going all out to get Manning even if they swing and miss.
Source: Miami Herald
Mar 6 - 7:24 PM

We'd be mad to sign him tomorrow.

We need to do a full analysis of his current situation.

I have trouble believing the Colts would release one of the greatest QBs of all time if there wasn't something wrong with him. #1 pick or not, I think if Peyton is 100% healthy they'd trade the pick (+ rights to A.Luck) for a bullet load of picks in return and make two or three runs at the superbowl with Peyton.

Or they could just make 10 or so runs at the Superbowl with Luck. The NFL is a business. Taking a 36 year old QB over a 22 year old QB isn't a good business move.

only team I worry about is KC. Lot of money to spend and they do have Bowe and a decent OL. Defense needs work.

cmon down peyton! the water is warm! then again, you already knew that.

Report: Fins very confident in Peyton signing

1493-1.jpg

One team source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins are "very confident" they have a "good chance" to land Peyton Manning.

The Palm Beach Post also suggests the Dolphins believe they "might be the leaders of the pack at this point." As the Herald's Armando Salguero astutely points out, the Dolphins were also confident in landing Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and playoff berths the past couple of years. At the very least, they can sell the fan base on the idea that they're going all out to get Manning even if they swing and miss.
Source: Miami Herald
Mar 6 - 7:24 PM

Has anyone ever considered that when Manning was down in Miami throwing that some Miami personnel were there? Maybe Peyton had his younger bro as a messenger? Archie?

If we get Manning and he is at least 75% of his former self what an offense we will have. Manning, Marshall, and Bush. Oh yeah!

Peyton should be like LeBron James at his new's conference tomorrow.....once the reporters gather around and ask him where he is going, he should say, "At this time, I have decided to take my talents to South Beach." :woot:

He's just bitter because the Phins snubbed him, along withe everyone else in the NFL

i watched nfl network for 2 plus hours tonight on the manning stuff and i've yet to hear any talk of any team pulling out of the manning sweepstakes due to medical at this point...sounds like teams were just buying time

i also heard breer of nfl network say he talked to 5 people with knowledge of mannings throwing sessions and that he is getting better and gary brackett his soon to be ex teammate said that in talking to guys from the colts who have been working out with manning he looks "good"

chance i'll take...get it done ross...

Although he cautions they "shouldn't be favored" in the Peyton Manning derby, SI's Peter King believes the Seahawks are ready to go "all in" on a Manning/Reggie Wayne "package deal."

Via the word of a "team official" from a Manning contender, King also hints the Dolphins could be ready to make Manning a massive offer. "If (Dolphins owner Stephen Ross) wants to offer him a (load) guaranteed, we're out," the official said. According to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta, the Jets "share (that) sentiment." Of all the early rumored Manning contenders, the Jets appear to be the least committed to making a move.
Related: Reggie Wayne, Jets, Seahawks

Source: Peter King on Twitter
Mar 6 - 11:47 PM

Back
Top Bottom