Mare | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare

Originally posted by Jaj
Dolfan06 just a question, why does almost every post of yours have the rolling eyes smile. No problem with it, just wondering.
when i make a comment, and don't know the exact answer, thats the same as saying IMHO! when you shift your eyes, your looking for help, capish!;)

Ahhh I see.:rolleyes: :lol:

Just kidding.

For the Past 2 Years, Mare is not Mr. Automatic Anymore

Originally posted by dolfan06
why are you on mare's case. he had a bad year, so what. when he has 2 or 3 bad years, then complain!:rolleyes:

I don't know if Gonk is on Mare's case but I am. I like the guy, but not his professional character. Like when he dissappeared from the media after he missed those 2 FG in the NE game, but is all smiles in front of the cameras, after the winning FG in the Balt game. If you remember he missed a FG in regular time in this game also (same distance as the one from the dirt infield). Thank God he got the one in OT to go through or we could have lost this one also.

Maybe I am wrong about him, but, I just can't stand that lack of backbone. At least others have it, like Zack and JT and others, but not Mare. :mad:

But lets talk about his stats (the facts).

He has been great in kick offs with more TB, but I think this has effected his accuracy. :)

He has made only 55% of his FG within 30-39 yds range OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS! :fire:

00' he was 28/31 = 90.3 % :D
01' he was 19/21 = 90.5 % :D

02' he was 24/31 = 77.4 % :(
03' he was 22/29 = 75.9 % :mad:

Maybe missing his coach over the last few years has had an effect. I know that he had Matt Turk, which was his holder (I believe) for the 00-01 seasons, for 13 games this season.

I don't know, but as others in this thread has stated that Mare is not his old self! I can accept giving him another year, but I would really put a test to him this comming training camp. We can get a rookie kicker for 1/10 the cost right now and would not miss him.

I just don't feel calm when he sets up to kick field goals anymore, and of course, very nervous when they are for game winners.

Just as nervous as when I see JF throwing the ball, late in the game and being behind, I get real nervous, don't you?

I know I am not the only one feeling this way! :D

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
i know the feeling, now imagine a rookie kicker lining up to kick that game winner in OT against the pats... mares already missed, what are the odds he does it again, but the rookie, all bets are off :)

Re: For the Past 2 Years, Mare is not Mr. Automatic Anymore

Originally posted by Disnardo

I like the guy, but not his professional character. Like when he dissappeared from the media after he missed those 2 FG in the NE game, but is all smiles in front of the cameras, after the winning FG in the Balt game.
then why don't you get on madison's case. he laughs, win or lose!:(

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i know the feeling, now imagine a rookie kicker lining up to kick that game winner in OT against the pats... mares already missed, what are the odds he does it again, but the rookie, all bets are off :)

LOL, at least I expect that performance from a rookie and getting at least my money's worth. Like I said I might be wrong about him, but when Mare's sets up to kick, I don't get a good feeling anymore. To me, since the first NE game, its, all bets are off also with Olindo. I don't trust him, he needs to prove himself to me again, otherwise get me another kicker. I guess I could never be a GM. :D

Remember he almost cost us the Baltimore game too.

In football nowdays, its what have you done for me lately. But of course I value your opinion..:)

GOOO FIIINZ

Remember he almost cost us the Baltimore game too.

GOOO FIIINZ

you really think a place kicker should kick 3 or more field goals a game?:eek:

That is no real excuse considering Billy Cundiff kicked 7 and made them all windy weather.

Dolphins aren't the only team who's had to play with a dirt infield...that excuse is a cop-out. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jaj
That is no real excuse considering Billy Cundiff kicked 7 and made them all windy weather.
i'd rather a team score TD's and forget about the friggin field goal.;)

Re: Re: For the Past 2 Years, Mare is not Mr. Automatic Anymore

Originally posted by dolfan06
then why don't you get on madison's case. he laughs, win or lose!:(

Point taken, but at least he acts consistantly. I am adding him to my black book, but not for dissappearing from the camera, but for not showing enough displeasure of loosing in games. Still he is also way overpaid for his performance over the last 2 years.

But df06, there are quite a few millionaires in this team that are just playing the game for the money, not the fans. After all, it's all about the money, isn't ?

GOOO FIIINZ

Last edited by a moderator:
That's no excuse for when you can't get the TD and need a FG.

Re: Re: Re: For the Past 2 Years, Mare is not Mr. Automatic Anymore

But df06, there are quite a few millionaires in this team that are just playing the game for the money, not the fans. After all, it's all about the money, isn't ?

GOOO FIIINZ

sure seems that way, taylor sure hasn't been the same since he started making those damn commercials. its like he's afraid he'll mess up his face!:yell:

as i stated earlier in this thread, kickers are more mental than physical. after his big contract two seasons ago he lost blevins and turk. i'd like to see his stats before turk re-signed and after to get an idea of his comfort level. i'd bet that he was much better at the end of the seasonn than in the begining.

i'm not ready to give up on him as long as turk remains and he is willing to restructure/extend his contrat.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
I want mare back... but at a much cheaper price. He had a bad year, but the guy is still money compared to most kickers in the NFL, just get him to take a paycut

He was 17th in the NFL in FG%, but yet he is among the top 5 in money at the postion. The only guys that make around the same money that Mare makes are Elam, Janikowski, and Vanderjact. Those 3 combined missed 3 kicks all year. Including the extra point he missed Mare missed 8. The stat the troubles me the most is he was 3/6 in the 30-39 yard range. That should be 6/6, and could be the single reason Miami isn't in the playoffs. All 3 against New England. Obviously if he made 1 of the 2 in Miami we win that game. The one in NE was almost as big. The one he missed would have tied the game. It would have also prevented us from having the ball inside of our own 10 yard line, and may have changed our game plan. If we win thoose 2 games we win the AFC east, and have a bye in the first round. I don't want to see Mare in Mare next year. For 200,000 we can pick up a guy that can kick 75% just like Mare did, and save 1.8 mill next year.

Back
Top Bottom