Marino Reigns Supreme in new ESPN study | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino Reigns Supreme in new ESPN study

"Before Peyton Manning and Tom Brady came along and rewrote the NFL record books, it was Marino blowing everyone away."

Peyton and Tom play in a league where you can not sneeze (ok poor analogy but can't think of another one) on a QB or WR without having a flag thrown. Dan played during a time when QBs and WRs were not afforded such a luxury. Big difference!

"Before Peyton Manning and Tom Brady came along and rewrote the NFL record books, it was Marino blowing everyone away."

Peyton and Tom play in a league where you can not sneeze (ok poor analogy but can't think of another one) on a QB or WR without having a flag thrown. Dan played during a time when QBs and WRs were not afforded such a luxury. Big difference!
Truth.

P.S. Crash rules!

with all rule change to protect qb. marino would kill nfl stat today....marino would be number one qb today or closed. Tua aint no wher near marino

That's great.

Still didn't win a championship. While guys with noodle arms like Brady won multiple.
Brady has a very good arm. Love Marino, but to say Brady has a noodle arm simply isn’t factual or truthful.

The used to be a sports show that featured a QB challenge. Marino could throw 65+ yards in his prime accurately.
Hit moving targets at various distances.
Later in his career 50 yard passes.
Remember it well. Looked forward to it every year

I agree that he threw a lot of lasers, but watch the AdamD clip he just posted. Dan could put air under his passes when he had to and he did it from early on his career. A couple of those clips were 65 plus.
Oh he absolutely did put air under it when it was required. The 85 yard TD to Duper in ‘84 at home against the Colts is a good example. But the long lasers that could drop over the CB and under the S help only worked as often as they did because there was no air on them. I’ve never seen another QB do that with regularity like Dan did. Keep in mind most of these WRs were 5’9” with no catch radius - no one was more accurate in the history of the game.

Anyone recall the skills competition at the pro bowl where they have to hit moving targets at 10,20,30,40 yards? Some guys couldn’t even hit the 10 yard one. Marino bullseyed every single one - the other QBs were in awe (I remember a young Drew Bledsoe gawking). Watch those clips. Those are dimes to a lot of covered guys. And they are NOT remotely jump balls.

I've never seen anybody like Marino. And I saw every snap of his career as it happened.

Me too he was unique there is no one like him in today’s NFL for my money

I remember all the times the ball went through the WRs hands jettisoned off the shoulder or face mask and went up in the air often picked off and this was a 30-40 yard throw

Back
Top Bottom