Mark Anderson on Phins radar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Anderson on Phins radar

I'm thinking we go heavy offense in this draft, I feel like the higher end FA we are bringing in are all on defense. Philbin must want to start fresh in building his offense.

Anderson would be a nice compliment for Wake. Be nice to finally wrangle one from the dark side.

Because Anderson is not a name player getting an enormous contract. Anderson is yet another cost effective player who will upgrade a need area.

This is what the Pats did with Anderson last year and how they stay dominant.

Good strategy, that.

I love how some posters continue to insist on tossing out comments like... acorn... when describing bringing in players this offseason.

I'd love this signing. Seems we've been going defense early on this FA period. I'm hoping for an explosive, offensive draft.

He's a "acorn"

Lame. You're trying way to hard to throw the word acorn into every possible signing. He had 10 sacks last year as a reserve. Plus he was very good early in his career with Chicago. Not an "acorn" but thanks for playing

You know why he had 10 sacks...Check out the NT...Wilfork is a beast and commands a double or triple team...

It's just like with marshall...

We don't have a Wilfork on this team.

J Tes and Wildbill, sorry, just trying to poke fun at something. You guys take this wayyyyyyyy to seriously.

You do realize your a fan, not player or management?

You know why he had 10 sacks...Check out the NT...Wilfork is a beast and commands a double or triple team...

While I'm not implying Soliai is better, or even as good as Wilfork, I think he's in that same tier of top nose tackles in the NFL. I really hope our D-line can start getting to the QB this year. Having the 3rd best run D is great, but sacks are the real game changer. Hopefully we can land Anderson, and start gettin' after the QB. I mean jeez, our d-line didn't get a sack until like week 8, and it was a backup :lol:

In seven seasons he has had two years with 10+ sacks. 12 in 2006 and 10 in 2011.

He is only 28 years old(younger than Wake) and you put him opposite an elite pass rusher like Miami has, he could be tough to contain. He isn't Mario Williams, but he is a solid player and would greatly help our pass rush.

I concur.. That would be an excellent pickup!!! Hopefully he signs today..

Talk about living in the past. Yah, Wilfork and the Patriots were so awesome in their 31st ranking last year.

Belichick hasn't had a good defense since he got caught cheating. Research it! Wilfork and Belichick are both grossly overrated.

Dolphin fans shouldn't believe the unmitigated CRAP! that ESPN and other media outlets spew out about the Patriots.

Solid move. He'll come in on passing downs with his ears pinned back.

I would absolutely love this signing. It's one I have been calling for, for months.

I've done a lot of work on the free agent pass rushers in this free agency. Aside from John Abraham and Robert Mathis, who are legitimately some of the best pass rushers I saw bar-none in 2011, Mark Anderson REALLY stood out.

But that should be obvious. The man got to and sacked the quarterback 15 times this year including the playoffs. He had 2 sacks in the Super Bowl. He had 6 quarterback hits and 36 quarterback pressures, which means he flushed, hit or sacked the quarterback once every 7.3 pass rush opportunities. Cam Wake does it about once every 6.6 pass rush opportunities.

Anderson has always been a SUPERBLY athletic physical specimen, going all the way back to the Combine, and you can see it all over the tape. He's not the most flexible guy but man can he hustle and motor around the field, wreaking havoc.

I can't tell you why things went down hill with the Bears. All I know is what I saw with the Patriots and I watched a lot of tape on him. He was an excellent pass rusher. I would even put him up there with Cliff Avril, with just a little less polish to him. This guy opposite Cam Wake on pass downs would be scary. It weakens a division opponent, too. It's a NO BRAINER.

If you sign him, then you have your secondary guy in Marshall, your pass rusher, and then maybe you do trade down to get a Blackmon. Then you still have a 2nd and 2 3rd's to fill holes with possible impact players assuming we get Flynn.

Back
Top Bottom