Mark Anderson on Phins radar | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Anderson on Phins radar

IMO he's nothing special. An average Defensive End.

Isn't that what the patriots have always longed for? a great pass rusher? that's one of their weaknesses, they've been looking for good pass rushers. Since Richard Seymour, theyve gone through Derrick Burgess, Shaun Ellis and many others....they signed Andre Carter last year and he played good in preseason and then he got hurt....

So, Mark Anderson may have simply stuck out, but not because he's great, rather because he was the best the Patriots had last season, in other words, by default.

We sign mark Anderson means we goin to draft OT OR WR.......BANK ON IT!

Hmmm, it seems to make too much sense for us. I have so little faith in our front office to do anything right. I'm not going to believe anything until they are signed and in training camp.

IMO he's nothing special. An average Defensive End.

Isn't that what the patriots have always longed for? a great pass rusher? that's one of their weaknesses, they've been looking for good pass rushers. Since Richard Seymour, theyve gone through Derrick Burgess, Shaun Ellis and many others....they signed Andre Carter last year and he played good in preseason and then he got hurt....

So, Mark Anderson may have simply stuck out, but not because he's great, rather because he was the best the Patriots had last season, in other words, by default.

Pass rush was NOT their problem this year. They had a very good pass rush between Andre Carter and Mark Anderson.

They couldn't cover a lick. That was their problem.

the pats got a ton of money and haven't spent any of it...if they're not in a match mode here somethings fishy

andre carters done...this may be a leverage play with the patriots if you ask me...no question though this would be a significant pass rush upgrade...still think the pats though will be waiting in the wings to see what kind of contract offers he gets

THIS is exactly the type of FA signing we need. Add in an equal player at RG, and our draft board gets much much simpler...and we are not in Cap hell, throwing away draft picks or signing somebody just to see tickets (See the ridiculous signing at CB the Cowgirls already committed to).

Loved this kid coming out of college, even if he never was very good against the run. We already have an entire defense that is very very solid against the run, this kid can flat out get to the QB. Opposite of CAM-WAKE, Mark Anderson is the perfect off-season aquisition.

andre carters done...this may be a leverage play with the patriots if you ask me...no question though this would be a significant pass rush upgrade...still think the pats though will be waiting in the wings to see what kind of contract offers he gets

The Pats may not think Carter is done. Much as I like Anderson I have to admit Carter was better in 2011.

The Pats may not think Carter is done. Much as I like Anderson I have to admit Carter was better in 2011.

he's what 33 coming off a ruptured achilles...if he gets anything more than a 1 year vet minimum offer i'll be surprised

Can we afford both him and Flynn? If so, I think that'd be a pretty good days work. Knock out two of our biggest needs before the draft so we're not handcuffed to any one position going in.

Can we afford both him and Flynn? If so, I think that'd be a pretty good days work. Knock out two of our biggest needs before the draft so we're not handcuffed to any one position going in.

That's my concern. I hope so.

I have to say that if the Dolphins walk out of this free agency with:

1. NT Paul Soliai
2. FS Richard Marshall (important that he plays FS)
3. DE Mark Anderson
4. RG Artis Hicks (important that he plays RG)
5. LB Jamaal Westerman
6. QB Matt Flynn

That's a damn successful free agency. I have not liked a lot of the things the Dolphins have done over the past few off seasons but that would be a heck of a way to kick off the 2012 off season.

Back
Top Bottom