Mark Anderson on Phins radar | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Anderson on Phins radar

That's my concern. I hope so.

I have to say that if the Dolphins walk out of this free agency with:

1. NT Paul Soliai
2. FS Richard Marshall (important that he plays FS)
3. DE Mark Anderson
4. RG Artis Hicks (important that he plays RG)
5. LB Jamaal Westerman
6. QB Matt Flynn

That's a damn successful free agency. I have not liked a lot of the things the Dolphins have done over the past few off seasons but that would be a heck of a way to kick off the 2012 off season.

What are your thoughts on Flynn and if we nab him and Anderson would you rather us target a reiff or Floyd with our first pick or still go bpa?

If you sign him, then you have your secondary guy in Marshall, your pass rusher, and then maybe you do trade down to get a Blackmon. Then you still have a 2nd and 2 3rd's to fill holes with possible impact players assuming we get Flynn.

When you say "trade down" do you actually mean trade "up"? As in move to say pick 5 or 6 or move down to 10 and 11 to get blackmon?

I'm assuming you meant trade UP, if so then we would have to sacrifice a 2nd or more likely one of the 3rds to move up...

1. NT Paul Soliai
3. DE Mark Anderson
5. LB Jamaal Westerman
6. QB Matt Flynn

That's a damn successful free agency. I have not liked a lot of the things the Dolphins have done over the past few off seasons but that would be a heck of a way to kick off the 2012 off season.

That would be a successful free agent period. Don't forget about the nice project pick up of Jerome Messam as RB depth/between the tackles guy if he develops into a roll player for the team. That is a great low risk high reward pick up.

1. NT Paul Soliai
3. DE Mark Anderson
5. LB Jamaal Westerman
6. QB Matt Flynn

I'm glad to see someone who actually studies and knows the NFL has something positive to say about the team for once

even if miami is gonna make anderson a serious offer they need to wait til after this flynn thing gets done...the qb must be the top priority...and why are we 4 days into free agency before mark anderson given how young he is and in his prime right now before he's getting any sniffs??? i wonder if he's burned some bridges in the past or something if its taken this long to get a top 5 free agent pass rusher any action

still reeks of a leverage play on andersons handlers part to me...

That would be a successful free agent period. Don't forget about the nice project pick up of Jerome Messam as RB depth/between the tackles guy if he develops into a roll player for the team. That is a great low risk high reward pick up.

That's true. I forgot about Messam, I thought that was a good little signing. Re-upping Slaton probably worthwhile as well.

well dang blang...maybe we blew him away with our offer to his agent before he even arrived...this money should be interesting

I'm glad to see someone who actually studies and knows the NFL has something positive to say about the team for once

Just because I say something positive doesn't mean I study and know what I'm saying. I guess that came out wrong. But what I'm trying to say is being negative is OK as long as it's informed. I've been HIGHLY negative of the moves made by the franchise the last few off seasons, and that was just because the majority of them didn't make sense to me.

This time...a lot of these moves are what I would do. Some I didn't think of, but if I had weighed it and done the film study, I would have endorsed it long before it happened.

Some of the moves could also turn into BAD moves if the Dolphins don't use the player the right way (Artis Hicks, Richard Marshall).

i got to wonder what the pats plan is sitting on all this cap room...unless they can roll it to next year and make some monster splashes...i haven't heard where they've done anything at all

Back
Top Bottom