Mark Anderson on Phins radar | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Anderson on Phins radar

I would love an Anderson signing. He was a 4-3 end for the Bears and was I believe a 4th round pick. He was like Ogunleye as a pass rusher although he had no run stopping game. Adding Anderson and Marshall will really help Miami's pass defense. Weaknesses filled. In short, Anderson fits a major need for Miami, and it may relieve the pressure for Miami to draft Melvin Ingram in the first.

With Winston gone, Anderson may get the money that would have gone to Winston. Then Miami may just go with Murtha and Jerry at RT in a competition. I don't see Philbie liking Jerry inside. The kid doesn't have the phone booth quickness and leverage ability inside that Philbin wants. Philbin will want more of a movement guy in there. OTOH, Jerry shockingly acquitted himself well when they kicked him back outside to tackle, left tackle no less.

Getting Anderson as FA, going with Murtha/Jerry at RT, and signing Marshall may very well mean we can focus on the likes of Michael Floyd in the first round, possibly after a trade down. Tannehill may be in play too. NFLN is having daily Tannehill erections inflating him into the third overall pick possibly. That seems like a stretch for me.

Hes a good situational rusher. Thats it.

well even if thats what we do get thats exactly what this roster needs...b/t him and westerman we have definitely gotten better as far as helping cam wake

if we in fact have signed him...

Hes a good situational rusher. Thats it.

and in a league with QBs throwing for 5,000+ yards a season like its the new 4,000, and the secondary not being able to breathe on a WR, a "situational rusher" getting to the QB is worth more than "thats it"

Signing Anderson would allow for them to focus on offense come Draft Day. They could go WR,TE, G, and WR. This also has to include signing Flynn.

You know why he had 10 sacks...Check out the NT...Wilfork is a beast and commands a double or triple team...

It's just like with marshall...

We don't have a Wilfork on this team.

okay but what about his rookie 12 sacks starting only one game?

To answer CK what happened to him in Chicago, well a bunch of things. First they made him a starter his rookie year, but they started him over Alex Brown as a SDE where he really struggled. They then had him put weight on and in doing that he lost his burst than made him such a pest as a rookie. In New England he dropped back down to around 250.

I'm thinking we go heavy offense in this draft, I feel like the higher end FA we are bringing in are all on defense. Philbin must want to start fresh in building his offense.

Anderson would be a nice compliment for Wake. Be nice to finally wrangle one from the dark side.

I think most FA who play defense can succeed faster.

doesnt it seem we are making offers to people before they get here if at all? I wonder if true but if so, is this because then they cant use as wasting our time with visits and such?

Back
Top Bottom