Marshall on WQAM or whatever is getting close to blasting the FO | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marshall on WQAM or whatever is getting close to blasting the FO

Even if he were the best LT in the league, and Im sure he is at least close, he is still overpaid. Dude is the highest paid lineman in the league. Therefore, he eats up too much of our cap. We couldve gotten talent almost as good as he is for a lot less money. Its a stupid move to make a cornfed lineman the #1 overall pick in the draft.

You have to manage a team here. You cant get the best player at every position. LT is one place I dont want to have the highest paid person at.

Dude we get it you love Matty Ice I really liked him out of college as well, thought he had the it factor, but I'm more worried about what the dolphins do now than what we didn't do. It gets old and shows that your agenda isn't always what our positives are which jake is one of them, but that your still mad about the pick. We get it, leave it be and move foward.

Just come out in 3 Wr sets every play..There is no reason that we cant do that..As long as teams keep playing 2 deep..Come out and exploit the middle of the field.

The Bengals did it to the Steelers last night..Something I said we should have done..

Put Marshall in the slot and see if defense start playing cover 1 or let him work the middle of the field..

Get into the redzone than start pounding the rock..

Its that easy Dan..Its that easy.

Henne can make all the throws and plays well when the coaches let him.
Marshall knows and most dolphins fans know it.

Even if he were the best LT in the league, and Im sure he is at least close, he is still overpaid. Dude is the highest paid lineman in the league. Therefore, he eats up too much of our cap. We couldve gotten talent almost as good as he is for a lot less money. Its a stupid move to make a cornfed lineman the #1 overall pick in the draft.

You have to manage a team here. You cant get the best player at every position. LT is one place I dont want to have the highest paid person at.

#1 there is no cap right now..

#2 who do you want protecting your qb?

Joe Thomas, D'brickshaw Ferguson, Jake Long

Were all high picks for a reason...You need to protect your qb otherwise you end up with Matt Stafford type results the guy can stay healthy cause he is constatly running for his life. Matt Ryan is not that good..He was never worth the #1 pick and most knew it. He has the best Te ever and Roddy White.
Miami does not have their Te yet..That opens alot..Drew Brees started playing really well once SD got one..If Miami wants to pound the rock out of 2 wr personal they need a Te who can block and make plays over the middle.

Miami is slowly getting better.. 4 and 4 with this schedule is not half bad. We have a ton of couda woulda shoulda's but thats what happens with young teams.

To add to the Matt Ryan thing, what would the difference be if we had Matt Ryan but still had Dan Henning and Sporano? They would still play conservative as **** and we would still be in the same circumstances.

Well this should put an end to the Henne is losing Marshall BS. Henne can play much better, I think he can and will. This back up what a lot of us suspected as to why Henne doesn't take a lot of shots.

is henning scared to make bad plays that would affect his job status?

it seems he is calling safe play calls just to protect himself...

To add to the Matt Ryan thing, what would the difference be if we had Matt Ryan but still had Dan Henning and Sporano? They would still play conservative as **** and we would still be in the same circumstances.

Matt Ryan with Henning as the OC, and no Jake Long. I really don't think our record would be any better. I haven't seen or heard a hint from any players that Henne is the problem but they have in some ways suggested that the coaching and/or gameplan is. That my friends tells me a whole lot. Now I'm not saying Henne is great, or even good but I don't think we'll know what Henne is until we change some things with the coaching staff/offensive philosophy.

Love his attitude.

At 4-4 and having lost to the 4 best teams in the AFC, we might aswell go for broke now. I'm sure this team believe they can go the playoffs, so why not just open up the playbook, throw caution to the wind and go out all out.

Time for Sparano and Henning to be aggressive for once (I'll believe it when I see it though).

Matty Ice would have been on ice along time ago w/o Jake Long and with Dan Henning as the OC.

O.K., we've all seen enough of Henning and his tiresome, boring brand of offensive offense. Remember that Sporano could get on his butt and tell him to open up the offense and he's not doing it. We're not the 80s Giants. Stop trying to make us a copy of that team. That team had a killer defense with Superstar Lawrence Taylor and a bunch of other great players. Phil Simms at QB is alot better than what we have right now. Parcells jumped ship long before he finished his job. That makes him a fat, lazy hasbeen. This relic of an OC has to be shown the door. After the Raven game it is apparent that a change must be made now. Promote David Lee or bring in a young aggressive guy to give us a spark. Nobody could say that we don't need a spark right now. If we don't make a change quickly this season could go even worse than it's been going. We could end up with 6 wins!!!

I hear ya! hehehe.

The good thing is Brandon does not mince words. It's not just a coincidence though that he is basically saying the same thing Ricky alluded to yesterday....It's all on Henning. Give the players on offense a reason to be excited about running the plays called, take off the hand-cuffs, and let your playmakers make plays. This offense has the players and potential to be pretty dang good if the right plays were called.

It sounds like Sparano has lost the locker room and it was only a matter of time. I mean if we as fans can see what a horrible job they're doing on offense and the stupid game management, surely at least a few of the players see it as well. On paper we should finish the season at 10-6, if we're worse than 9-7 Sparano needs to be fired week 18.

says Henne is more than capable of being an All-Pro QB, its the fact that others are controlling his destiny that is stalling him.

says its time to start pulling the trigger on offense.

says hes never seen so much coverage in his life on him, always 2-3 players on him.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

asked why the offense is 28th, says thats a question for the coach not me.

Do it Sparano. Fire Henning now!

Matt Ryan with Henning as the OC, and no Jake Long. I really don't think our record would be any better. I haven't seen or heard a hint from any players that Henne is the problem but they have in some ways suggested that the coaching and/or gameplan is. That my friends tells me a whole lot. Now I'm not saying Henne is great, or even good but I don't think we'll know what Henne is until we change some things with the coaching staff/offensive philosophy.

Good post. Someone who is seeing things with clarity.

dolphins are way to predicable on offense. take marshall away and run blitz, its all you have to do. henne is incapable of burning defenses with anything but a check down pass. its ridiculous. bess and hartline should be getting 10+ catches per game until defenses start paying more attention to them.

Back
Top Bottom