Marshall on WQAM or whatever is getting close to blasting the FO | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marshall on WQAM or whatever is getting close to blasting the FO

so Marshall calls out the coaching staff, but in the same breath he's gonna toe the company line on Henne?

If Marshall thought Henne could not get it done he would be asking for a chance..Qb's and Wr's often grow together.

Henne has the talent to be a good qb in this league we have all seen it.

The drama queens and primadonnas aren't on the team, they're in the media and the fanbase. I've listened to all the interviews all week long and the closest anyone came to even HINTING at a criticism of anyone, be it coaching staff, other players, etc, was when Will Allen said that he was baffled by the fact that Miami hardly ran the ball again after finding such success with it on that first drive. But Will Allen is an injured player, on Injured Reserve. He's not in the locker room, injured reserve players are barely on the team. And his criticism was bare at best.

so Marshall calls out the coaching staff, but in the same breath he's gonna toe the company line on Henne?

When it comes to guys like Marshall, as long as they're the most targeted receivers on the team and the quarterback is trying to get him the football without having to compete for it, they'll never throw their quarterback under the bus...

The fact that he even made the comment about the coaching staff's philosophy tells you all you really need to know...

You have Csonk in your avi.. I know you're not new to football...

When it comes to guys like Marshall, as long as they're the most targeted receivers on the team and the quarterback is trying to get him the football without having to compete for it, they'll never throw their quarterback under the bus...

The fact that he even made the comment about the coaching staff's philosophy tells you all you really need to know...

You have Csonk in your avi.. I know you're not new to football...

I'm saying Marshall obviously has no problem speaking his mind. if he thought Henne was part of the problem, you would know it.

I'm saying Marshall obviously has no problem speaking his mind. if he thought Henne was part of the problem, you would know it.

Completely disagree.... totally...

If this team is running the football 40 times a game while they keep the quarterback hid and Marshall isn't getting the football, he would've said the same thing he just said...

Marshall hasn't spoke his mind yet....

he is criticizing the staff that has him one of the most targeted receivers in the league. If he thought it was the quarterback, wouldn't be praising Henning and saying something like "... you'll have to ask coach about the QB..." ?

he is criticizing the staff that has him one of the most targeted receivers in the league. If he thought it was the quarterback, wouldn't be praising Henning and saying something like "... you'll have to ask coach about the QB..." ?

Not necessarily..because it's speculating either way you look at it.... When Marshall was asked about what he thought the problems with the offense were, his response was.. "you'll have to ask the coach"...

Hell, he could've meant most anything by that...

But here's the point, what do YOU think the problem with the offense is? What do YOU see? Is the quarterback playing well in your opinion?

Is the playcalling bad? Playcalling is subjective anyway.... if it works it's good.. if it doesn't it's bad...

Let me ask you this.. what kind of plays would YOU call? What kind of plays would YOU call so the quarterback can be effective?

Would YOU just let him drop back and throw bombs downfield every play? What routes would YOU have the receivers run to make life easier for the quarterback? Since basic come backs and curls aren't working...

Was Dan Henning this much of an "idiot" when Chad Pennington was the quarterback?

What has Chad Henne ever proven to YOU that puts him above reproach?

Is the offensive line not doing their job? I wouldn't say that, would you?

So... what's the problem?

It's only a matter of time before he shows his true colors. I can feel it coming.

But Henning is the one that is calling the passes or runs, not Henne. Henne isn't allowed to change the play at the line.
I don't think Marshall is happy catching screen passes for minus 4 yards. And other routes that are so predictable.
Ricky said himself that if a player calls for the ball, pre-snap, not only is it now allowed, but they will be on the street.
That's not just a rule. The coach has a lot of emotion tied into that which is not good.
Henning is a stubborn, vain moron and he's letting it blind him.

Sparano said himself that he went back and watched Denver last year to see how they got them the ball. That obviously means we don't know wtf we are doing in the passing game.
The first few games, Henning sends Marshall on go routes, and it worked.
Then teams decided to take that away. NE especially put the film out there. Teams are playing a lot of 2 deep coverage and bracketing Marshall out.
Now Henning doesn't know wtf to do. He doesn't have a solid grasp of how to scheme against certain coverages with certain routes.
I have a problem with his whole play design in the passing game.

I don't think Henning is handicapped with Henne. I think it's the other way around.
We don't need to max protect him. He can make a read and get rid of the ball quickly.
Look at the Jets mnf game last year. Game is on the line, prime time, against a good defense, in what his third game or whatever.
3rd down, he makes a big time nfl throw on the out to Camarillo, right over the defender who played that well.
That was quick 3 step and out.
The NE game last year at home. Henne gets a horrible low snap in the shotgun, and boom its out, hitting Bess on the slant for a td.
There are many instances like this.

Of course Henne is young and is making mistakes, but he has also shown that he is more than capable. I don't buy into that we have to max protect him and shield him like an infant, etc.
It's pretty well established that Henne does better against blitzing teams than sit-back teams.
Imo that is just a matter of developing patience.

Not necessarily..because it's speculating either way you look at it.... When Marshall was asked about what he thought the problems with the offense were, his response was.. "you'll have to ask the coach"...

Hell, he could've meant most anything by that...

But here's the point, what do YOU think the problem with the offense is? What do YOU see? Is the quarterback playing well in your opinion?

Is the playcalling bad? Playcalling is subjective anyway.... if it works it's good.. if it doesn't it's bad...

Let me ask you this.. what kind of plays would YOU call? What kind of plays would YOU call so the quarterback can be effective?

Would YOU just let him drop back and throw bombs downfield every play? What routes would YOU have the receivers run to make life easier for the quarterback? Since basic come backs and curls aren't working...

Was Dan Henning this much of an "idiot" when Chad Pennington was the quarterback?

What has Chad Henne ever proven to YOU that puts him above reproach?

Is the offensive line not doing their job? I wouldn't say that, would you?

So... what's the problem?

when asked about the offense in general he said "...you will have to ask the coach.." he could have said the same thing about Henne but instead he volunteered high praise. Marshall even went further to say Henne is being held back.
this is also in the context of Ricky Williams and Brian Hartline both making similar comments about the coaching staff this week
bottom line is if you have three players going on the record with these comments, how many say it off the record. whether they are right or wrong time will tell, but it's obvious who the players are blaming.

I'm not saying Henne is above reproach. imo, he has to improve plain and simple, but he is still pretty green and has improved(albeit slowly).

Sparano said himself that he went back to watch Denver games to see how they used him.
That's the clearest indication that we have that we have no clue wtf we are doing on offense.
When you incorporate what Marshall, Hartline, and Ricky are saying, then more pieces just fit into this equation of Henning being a a stubborn moron.

Henning isn't the stubborn moron... it's his immediate supervisor that's the moron...

Listen.. the problem with the offense is that it's designed to function by controlling the line of scrimmage and running the football, and it's fine when that part of it is working. It's the passing game that isn't sophisticated at all..

It's an outdated and limited by design... it's designed to run off play action with an accurate, pocket passer... the coaching staff knew this when they hired Henning. The route combinations are mainly odd numbers on the route tree (out-breaking routes, or routes that work back towards the quarterback)..

Henning is only running his offense, the problem is it's predictable when it becomes one dimensional, exposing the lack of sophistication and imagination in the passing game aspect. But the players could make it look a lot better than they're doing... it's not all on Dan Henning.. I promise.

Henning's play calling didn't cause Henne to misfire on potential TD's, and his playcalling didn't cause Henne to fumble two snaps Sunday... it's not the reason Hartline can't keep his feet under him, and it's not the reason the TE can't beat man coverage...

There's plenty of accountability to go around... but if you're in Ross' shoes, you can't be a fan and work your way from the bottom of the totem pole up to the top... you've got to take everything into consideration.

Sparano said himself that he went back to watch Denver games to see how they used him.
That's the clearest indication that we have that we have no clue wtf we are doing on offense.
When you incorporate what Marshall, Hartline, and Ricky are saying, then more pieces just fit into this equation of Henning being a a stubborn moron.

wouldnt it have made sense to watch those tapes prior to trading for him? dear god........

Slimm is right but henning or henne needs to go. Henne can't run hennings offense. To be effective, henne needs to get into a rhythm. Henning calls for a quarterback who Is able to make timely and accurate throws when called upon even if the qb hasn't thrown a pass all game. I.e Pennington. So one of them needs to go

Back
Top Bottom