McKnight Screwed Again...Derrius Thompson Declared Starter | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight Screwed Again...Derrius Thompson Declared Starter

Dude, nobody has been declared the starter. I repeat, nobody has been declared the starter.

What he Wanny is saying is, DT would be the starter if the season started today. And for those of us who have been lucky enough to go to camp, it's overwhelmingly obvious that Thompson is ahead of McKnight. He's simply making more plays.

Perhaps Wanny shouldn't say anything about it to the press. And if that is your point, then it is a valid one. But it's still seems pretty harmless to me. Especially when one man is cleary winning the battle.

Wanny has complimented McKnight to the press in regards to his performance in camp. And he has also repeatedly said that a lot can happen in a month......that the competition certainly is not over.

I fail to see how all of this "screws" McKnight. Unless, of course, you believe that a decision has already been made and that Wanny is just lying to us.

I remember Rick saying on the local news when they signed DT, that they told him he would be competing with Mcknight for the starting postion. I never heard him say that JMac was automatically the starter.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I think the DT and CC combo would be more versatile than the CC and JM combo.....If Chambers is going to be the deep guy then we need a big "hands" receiver on the other side.....JM and CC bring too much of the same thing to the table.

I like McKnight working the slot, He should be able to torch most teams' third corners easily.

Kinda like B-lo right? How we have Moulds and Reed.....

Except we have an all-pro wideout and it still isn't gonna work for us.

Originally posted by Muck
Dude, nobody has been declared the starter. I repeat, nobody has been declared the starter.

What he Wanny is saying is, DT would be the starter if the season started today. And for those of us who have been lucky enough to go to camp, it's overwhelmingly obvious that Thompson is ahead of McKnight. He's simply making more plays.

Perhaps Wanny shouldn't say anything about it to the press. And if that is your point, then it is a valid one. But it's still seems pretty harmless to me. Especially when one man is cleary winning the battle.

Wanny has complimented McKnight to the press in regards to his performance in camp. And he has also repeatedly said that a lot can happen in a month......that the competition certainly is not over.

I fail to see how all of this "screws" McKnight. Unless, of course, you believe that a decision has already been made and that Wanny is just lying to us.

Remember last year's open competition between OG and Mcknight? I think Wanny was lying. For some reason, Mcknight is in the dog house. But enough on this post..I've stated my point..I think most of you got it. But Muck, I did read today where Wanny said CC and DT are the starters. Which to me indicates it's DT to loose. I just thought it should have been the other way around..At least that's what Wanny led me to beleiver before TC stated..I don't know what to beleive from Wanny right now, and I hope the team doesn't feel that way. I just don't want any thing to hurt the harmony of this team, and Wanny's unannounced, announce decisions worry me..I know you guys don't see the things I see until later when the team points them out, like the OL depth conversation I had...so I trust my instincts a lot in these matters. Bottom line, here's to a good season.

IMHO, the coaches have a guy in mind for who is #1, #2, #3, etc... and that is an ongoing thing. Right now in the coaches mind DT is #2 and McDropsy is #3. But it's tentative and open to change (unlike say our more solid spots like MLB or RB where it's not going to change regardless of what happens during preseason)

Most of us seem to agree that DT is a better compliment to Chambers than McKnight is right now. This could change depending on how camp goes, but right now it seems as though Wanny and Norv are seeing the same thing that most of us see. It could change, but it's the way things are. Wanny implied open competition, he just said where people stand as of this minute but that things could very likely change if McK goes insane and DT slips.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Remember last year's open competition between OG and Mcknight? I think Wanny was lying. For some reason, Mcknight is in the dog house. But enough on this post..I've stated my point..I think most of you got it. But Muck, I did read today where Wanny said CC and DT are the starters. Which to me indicates it's DT to loose. I just thought it should have been the other way around..At least that's what Wanny led me to beleiver before TC stated..I don't know what to beleive from Wanny right now, and I hope the team doesn't feel that way. I just don't want any thing to hurt the harmony of this team, and Wanny's unannounced, announce decisions worry me..I know you guys don't see the things I see until later when the team points them out, like the OL depth conversation I had...so I trust my instincts a lot in these matters. Bottom line, here's to a good season.

Man this board really does need the season to start when we start getting threads like this. No one has won the job yet and I have to wholeheartedly disagree that if someone losses their job that they "got screwed". These guys either win or lose their jobs themselves. As of right now for some reason the staff has seen something Thompson has done in the offseason or is doing now that is showing more effort than Mcknight. That's it!

It does make me laugh on this board though how some who scream at others that they MUST trust the coaching staff's decision's because they know more than we do turn right around and question that same coaching staff in other threads on info they disagree with.

I think we all just need to relax a little. Everyone is antsy as hell for the season to start. There is plenty of time before the season starts though to see who will win out. I'm sure those players that do will deserve the spot they earned. Until we see who the final ones are just enjoy watching the battles.

It's simple. Even if they match up evenly you go with DT because of age and upside.

As for little mouldy's comments I guess he still doesn't get it.

See Moulds I'll do this as simple......AS SIMPLE as it can be made.

Last Year
Reed vs Nickel Corner

This Year
Reed vs Starting Corner (Heck 2 games alone he goes up against Pat Surtain)

So the question remains can Reed step it up or will he go throw growing pains or worse yet......could the rookie year have been a fluke.

Last Year
DT vs Starting Corner (vs young Giants corners with same upside as Bills young corners and playing against the Eagles secondary)
This Year
DT vs Starting Corner

So your comparison = duh

Remember McKnight was a favorite of the old Offensive Coordinator (Gailey). He was brought here from Dallas because he was Gailey's "guy".
I've said this before, It does a player well to talk up a coach because where ever that coach goes, you always have a job.
Just look at coaches like Parcells, JJ (bringing coaches too), Wanny, Schotty, Holmgren, Gailey. All those coaches bring their "guys" with them when they switch teams. It always happens and will never change.

James is tough and will do what isasked of him, why? look at last year when he was inactive 4 games, he never complained. He will be 2 or 3 but either waywill be on the field alot. when he comes in tho, DT will move to the slotand Mcknight will play outside, the bad year james had was playing the slot. 2 or 3, we need James he provides big plays.

Wanny did indeed say today that Chambers and DT are the starters. But he is speaking in the present tense. Again, the competition is not over.....whereas last year it was announced that it was over before it began.

Big difference.

DT is dominating the competition. And with McKnight not practicing, I guess you could say it's DT's job to lose now, since he has cleary outplayed McKnight and is in the lead. Heck, Wanny is still saying it's Freeman's job. And people are giving him hell for declaring it Fiedler's job. In all three cases, Wanny has been correct.

This competition is like a race. And whomever is leading, it's their race.....until somebody else takes the lead. DT has a big lead.

And in no way do I see this as any threat to team harmony. Guess that's why I'm "short-sighted". :rolleyes:

Wanny did indeed say today that Chambers and DT are the starters. But he is speaking in the present tense. Again, the competition is not over.....whereas last year it was announced that it was over before it began.

Big difference.

DT is dominating the competition. And with McKnight not practicing, I guess you could say it's DT's job to lose now, since he has cleary outplayed McKnight and is in the lead. Heck, Wanny is still saying it's Freeman's job. And people are giving him hell for declaring it Fiedler's job. In all three cases, Wanny has been correct.

This competition is like a race. And whomever is leading, it's their race.....until somebody else takes the lead. DT has a big lead.

And in no way do I see this as any threat to team harmony. Guess that's why I'm "short-sighted". :rolleyes:

:up:

Is not writen in stone and Mcknight just need to show he blongs in the starting line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big difference.

I agree to disagree..:D

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I agree to disagree..:D

Remember, you lose all debates by default now. :tongue::D

I NOMINATE CKPARROTHEAD AS THE NEW HEAD COACH OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB!
IT APPEARS CK HAS THE INSIDE TRACK ON WHAT IS BEST FOR THE MIAMI DOLPHINS.
ANYONE CARE TO SECOND THE MOTION?:rolleyes2

:jetssuck:

Back
Top Bottom