Mcpherson in the 2nd? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcpherson in the 2nd?

jlfin said:
I guess you don't know who Art Schlicter was.

No I do remember him, it's just he's going to go in that range whether you like it or not.

Jaj said:
No I do remember him, it's just he's going to go in that range whether you like it or not.

Too many jobs on the line in the NFL to make a gamble like that (no pun intended) in the 2nd rd.

jlfin said:
Too many jobs on the line in the NFL to make a gamble like that (no pun intended) in the 2nd rd.

:roflmao:

I honestly think it is going to be mid second-mid third. No way a kid with his attributes will go later in my mind.

Think he's the most talented QB in the draft and wouldn't mind a 2nd rounder on him. We take Mike Williams in the 1st, McPherson in the 2nd, and Marion Barber in the 3rd wat a tatum.

Schleprock said:
$5 says he isn't draft before the first selection in the 4th round

Lets make it $ 50.

I live in the same city that McPherson is from. I watched and read about him as a junior and senior in HS.

I was at his "pro day" at Southeast HS.(from a far)

Ever since Ive known about that kid his TD/INT ratio has been sick.

Back in HS he had like 69 TD`s. Thats not "unheard of" and I would not have thought twice about it until I saw the fact that he had only thrown 6 INT`s during that span.

I remember thinking about what great "decision making" that was.

"But hey, its HS we will see how he does at FSU next year".

Then at FSU, 12 TD`s 1 INT......"the trend continues".

Same thing about the Arena League.

At every level the guy has played he has always made good decisions with the football.

That is what I like about him.

I dont care about his 40 time.( its a bonus)

Its all about the TD/INT ratio that to me makes him worthy of our early 3rd round pick......

If available.

I've been on the McPherson bandwagon in the 2nd round (assuming we trade somehow), but after seeing his wonderlich score, I was a little dissapointed...He has lots of potential, but being mediocre on the wonderlich scares me a little for a QB...Anyone else notice this ??

jlfin said:

:roflmao: Maybe we should get him just for all the gambling jokes.

elamin011 said:
Think he's the most talented QB in the draft and wouldn't mind a 2nd rounder on him. We take Mike Williams in the 1st, McPherson in the 2nd, and Marion Barber in the 3rd wat a tatum.

That would be beautiful! I would rather Get Caddy, Mcpherson, Chris Henry/Jerome Mathis/Parrish.

McPherson is not even CLOSE to as fast Vick. He's fast, but let's be reasonable.

Vick may be the fastest player in the NFL, EVER. The only people who would give him a run would be Deion and Darell Green. Those old sprinters ran times that aren't as fast as some of these guys.

Vick also probably has the strongest arm in the NFL, remember his 60 yard flick against Miami his rookie year?

That said, Vick isn't very good because he lacks vision, a strong feel for teh passing game and has no touch on underneath routes. He's just such a super freak athlete he overcomes most of it until you force him to stay in the pocket and beat you.

I think McPherson will be an even lesser version of this.

LarryFinFan said:
I've been on the McPherson bandwagon in the 2nd round (assuming we trade somehow), but after seeing his wonderlich score, I was a little dissapointed...He has lots of potential, but being mediocre on the wonderlich scares me a little for a QB...Anyone else notice this ??

You do know that Dan Marino scored a 17......

Dont you?

PhinsTD said:
McPherson is not even CLOSE to as fast Vick. He's fast, but let's be reasonable.

Vick may be the fastest player in the NFL, EVER. The only people who would give him a run would be Deion and Darell Green. Those old sprinters ran times that aren't as fast as some of these guys.

Vick also probably has the strongest arm in the NFL, remember his 60 yard flick against Miami his rookie year?

That said, Vick isn't very good because he lacks vision, a strong feel for teh passing game and has no touch on underneath routes. He's just such a super freak athlete he overcomes most of it until you force him to stay in the pocket and beat you.

I think McPherson will be an even lesser version of this.

There's a thread somewhere about 60 yard bombs and how most QBs can throw them.

Yeah, Marino was always thought of as being a little dumb. Do you use this analogy vs. every QB that is stupid? Not only is McPherson dumb, he has displayed his stupidity by stealing and gambling. Of course, that has nothing to do with how he will play in the NFL, but you seem to think that a good TD:INT ratio is the golden rod with which to beat others with. That is much to simplistic when determining a QB's worth. If Miami takes McPherson he may be athletic enough to get Sage cut. Athleticism will only get him that far.

ih8brady said:
There's a thread somewhere about 60 yard bombs and how most QBs can throw them.

Usually the only time I see 60yd bombs are when a team is losing and it's near the end of the game...I rather have a QB that can hit within 20 yds at a 60-65% rating....you have a far better chance to win games that way.

TeeMoney said:
You are arguing against KB's presenting Facts and Stat's of this guy's performance in College football. Well, McPherson's most recent stats, in the AFL no less, were average. So, he perfomed in a league where guys can throw 80+ TD passes a year (which McPherson couldn't do), and where guys can complete 70% of their passes (which McPherson couldn't do) and a League that is a populated by regular joes who no doubt love the game of football but simply can't play NFL football. The top QB in arena football threw 99 TD's and only 5 INT's, 72% of his passes were complete and had a QB rating of 133.5. Why the hell would you boast middling statistics performed in a gimmick league? The guy had no where else to go in NCAA football, NO ONE would take him. He had no choice by to try the AFL- and he was average. Yet Miami should draft him in the 2nd or third round? Come on.

Agree entirely with this post.

Back
Top Bottom