Mcpherson in the 2nd? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcpherson in the 2nd?

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
That was at FSU and wasnt he like a sophomore?

Yeah and has body of work since then has been what? A season in that hugely challenging Arena League, completing passes against wide receivers playing DB and a few hundred passes in shorts and sweats for GM's and coaches.

Lets have some perspective. People saying that he's this and that better than Mike Vick are either freebasing or have never seen Vick play. In fact most of the people pontificating haven't seen MCPHERSON play which is more to the point.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
This guy benched 225 lbs 22 times for a quarterback!

Is this a good or bad thing? I am about 30lbs lighter and 4 inches shorter and can lift 275lbs that many times lol!

chub said:
Is this a good or bad thing? I am about 30lbs lighter and 4 inches shorter and can lift 275lbs that many times lol!

Essentially it depnds how long or short your arms are.

chub said:

If you can you run a 4.5 40 and throw the ball 70 yards, maybe we'll take you in the third round instead!

chub said:

Shorter arms make it easier to blah!:tongueout

knight6jb said:
Shorter arms make it easier to blah!:tongueout

Trust me I know i have pretty long arms. I can push around people that can benchpress more than me. Just look at J.T. at that one Pro Bowl competition in 02. He tied for last with 13 because his arms are extremely long.

Boomer said:
Yeah and has body of work since then has been what? A season in that hugely challenging Arena League, completing passes against wide receivers playing DB and a few hundred passes in shorts and sweats for GM's and coaches.

Lets have some perspective. People saying that he's this and that better than Mike Vick are either freebasing or have never seen Vick play. In fact most of the people pontificating haven't seen MCPHERSON play which is more to the point.

Hey Boom, Im one that has been saying it since I started posting montsh ago.....I have seen him in HS, college, and AFL. So am I alright to have my opinion???:tongue:

Jaj said:
Trust me I know i have pretty long arms. I can push around people that can benchpress more than me. Just look at J.T. at that one Pro Bowl competition in 02. He tied for last with 13 because his arms are extremely long.

I know I am 6'1 and have a reached about the same as someone who is 6'5-6'6, its crazy, but it sucked when benching, I had a friend played DT but he was like 5'5 260lbs, and he would sit there and rep 275lbs, its B*ull****!!!:lol:

Boomer is right, most people that are talking about how great the guy is, are basing it in nothing but numbers, I'm afraid it is too much of a risk, if he were coming from the CFL with all those numbers and stuff, people would still be talking about how good he looks, I don't know, he sounds like you could take a chance on him, but i second that it should not be before the 4th round.

touborg said:
There are also lots of college players that put up excellent numbers but can't play in the NFL, what's your point?

I'm saying that McPherson is a great athlete but not a great quarterback prospect.

A lot of you are clamoring for a guy who couldn't throw the football into the Pacific Ocean if he were standing on the beach (that's how terrible his accuracy is) when there is a prospect who is a much better quarterback that could possibly be had in the third round if someone doesn't get intelligent and take him in the second. That prospect is David Greene, a far better quarterback than McPHerson..

KB21 said:
I'm saying that McPherson is a great athlete but not a great quarterback prospect.

A lot of you are clamoring for a guy who couldn't throw the football into the Pacific Ocean if he were standing on the beach (that's how terrible his accuracy is) when there is a prospect who is a much better quarterback that could possibly be had in the third round if someone doesn't get intelligent and take him in the second. That prospect is David Greene, a far better quarterback than McPHerson..

I do believe you are the one who always says Brown has great vision, and now you are saying Mcpherson has horrible accuracy??? How in the world are you considered a draft guru. I do disagree with they fact he doesnt have the accuracy of Elway or the speed of Vick, but this man is far from horrible with his pass accuracy, have you actually watched him play?? he is not right on the dime on every pass, but how many QB's are?

He will not go higher than the 4th rd. IMO. His gambling tendencies will scare off many teams, and rightly so. I read that he actually placed bets on FSU games while he was a player. In his defense he always bet on FSU winning.
Anyone remember Art Schlicter from Ohio State?

jlfin said:
He will not go higher than the 4th rd. IMO. His gambling tendencies will scare off many teams, and rightly so. I read that he actually placed bets on FSU games while he was a player. In his defense he always bet on FSU winning.
Anyone remember Art Schlicter from Ohio State?

He's almost a lock as a 2nd rounder, at worst 3rd right now. QBs usually don't slip that that much.

Back
Top Bottom