Mcpherson in the 2nd? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcpherson in the 2nd?

knight6jb said:
I do believe you are the one who always says Brown has great vision, and now you are saying Mcpherson has horrible accuracy??? How in the world are you considered a draft guru. I do disagree with they fact he doesnt have the accuracy of Elway or the speed of Vick, but this man is far from horrible with his pass accuracy, have you actually watched him play?? he is not right on the dime on every pass, but how many QB's are?

How much of 48.6% and 51.6% do you need to see to tell that his accuracy is horrible?

KB21 said:
How much of 48.6% and 51.6% do you need to see to tell that his accuracy is horrible?

This is what, 3 years ago? Sure you don't want to use some HS statistics while you're at it?

KB21 said:

So 100% of imcomplete passes are due to the QB, thats a new fact to me, thanx! Not only that how many QB's come into the NFL and put up huge completion percentage numbers?? Steve young's first 4 years in the nfl he never broke 53, mcnabb didnt break 50 his first year, even Payton manning didnt break 53.5 his rookie year. Why is it so hard for you to believe that even in college there is a learning experience that has to happen, it takes most players to to adjust to a new speed and the systems of the game. Should he have just come into his first few college games and lite it up?? Im sorry bro I disagree with you using that stat against him.

knight6jb said:
So 100% of imcomplete passes are due to the QB, thats a new fact to me, thanx! Not only that how many QB's come into the NFL and put up huge completion percentage numbers?? Steve young's first 4 years in the nfl he never broke 53, mcnabb didnt break 50 his first year, even Payton manning didnt break 53.5 his rookie year. Why is it so hard for you to believe that even in college there is a learning experience that has to happen, it takes most players to to adjust to a new speed and the systems of the game. Should he have just come into his first few college games and lite it up?? Im sorry bro I disagree with you using that stat against him.

David Greene must have aced that learning experience then, since he completed 59.3% of his passes during his freshman season.

Adrian McPherson is a glorified running back. He has no quarterback instincts, because he runs when his first option isn't open.

KB21 said:
David Greene must have aced that learning experience then, since he completed 59.3% of his passes during his freshman season.

Adrian McPherson is a glorified running back. He has no quarterback instincts, because he runs when his first option isn't open.

Ya I guess our beloved Dan Marino must have sucked too then. His Sophomore year he completed 51.8% of his passes!!! Gezzz he was bound to have a horrible career based on those numbers!

KB21 said:

Sounds alot like what McNabb used to do also, what is your point?
And you still havent answered me, have you ever seen him play?? or are you basing this off what you have heard?

knight6jb said:
Sounds alot like what McNabb used to do also, what is your point?
And you still havent answered me, have you ever seen him play?? or are you basing this off what you have heard?

Yes I've seen him play. I don't make evaluations on players that I haven't seen play.

DonShula84 said:
What else do you have to go by? Arena League, come on

Stats are nothing, look at what I found on Marino! You have to watch his mechanics, and how he plays, he has always looked like a great player with lots of potential, had he not gotten into trouble at FSU he would have been the #1 rated QB in this draft in my mind.

touborg said:
This is what, 3 years ago? Sure you don't want to use some HS statistics while you're at it?

You are arguing against KB's presenting Facts and Stat's of this guy's performance in College football. Well, McPherson's most recent stats, in the AFL no less, were average. So, he perfomed in a league where guys can throw 80+ TD passes a year (which McPherson couldn't do), and where guys can complete 70% of their passes (which McPherson couldn't do) and a League that is a populated by regular joes who no doubt love the game of football but simply can't play NFL football. The top QB in arena football threw 99 TD's and only 5 INT's, 72% of his passes were complete and had a QB rating of 133.5. Why the hell would you boast middling statistics performed in a gimmick league? The guy had no where else to go in NCAA football, NO ONE would take him. He had no choice by to try the AFL- and he was average. Yet Miami should draft him in the 2nd or third round? Come on.

KB21 said:

Isn't that about the level Vick is currently at? Why are people always in love with Vick?

Jaj said:
He's almost a lock as a 2nd rounder, at worst 3rd right now. QBs usually don't slip that that much.

I guess you don't know who Art Schlicter was.

Back
Top Bottom