McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8

If it means they get an additional first in 2022 and another 2nd in 2022, it would be worth the risk they might lose out on their top WR pick. Especially since at least one of the top WR’s Chase, Smith or Waddle should still be available at 8.
It's a no brainer. Here's another reason why it would be awesome to get Carolina's future first. If the Texans don't trade Watson before they this years draft, we would still have enough capitol to pull it offer next year (or after this years draft). I'm behind Tua for sure, but wouldn't mind if that door stayed open. Quote The Godfather, its not personal, it's business.

If it means they get an additional first in 2022 and another 2nd in 2022, it would be worth the risk they might lose out on their top WR pick. Especially since at least one of the top WR’s Chase, Smith or Waddle should still be available at 8.
This is the only way I'd trade out of the 3 spot. It's too important a pick. I want comp for next year.

Getting another first next year would be my goal. If not if Fields is there then I am drafting him to trade later for that 1st and or replace Tua if needed. That's the smart play. That creates both insurance for That failure and a 1st. We gave a 2nd for Rosen so Fields is worth more imo. Rather trade down though and settle for a 3rd this year but not 2nds one this year another for the 3rd they can go fish. That 1st is a must for next year if I cannot trade for it I am going to draft for it.

After TL I don't see a QB in this draft worth trading up for. Last years class was much stronger and no trade ups...

If you're in the top10 and one is there different story.

Getting another first next year would be my goal. If not if Fields is there then I am drafting him to trade later for that 1st and or replace Tua if needed. That's the smart play. That creates both insurance for That failure and a 1st. We gave a 2nd for Rosen so Fields is worth more imo. Rather trade down though and settle for a 3rd this year but not 2nds one this year another for the 3rd they can go fish. That 1st is a must for next year if I cannot trade for it I am going to draft for it.
Interesting take but I really doubt they go QB at 3, just can’t believe it

After TL I don't see a QB in this draft worth trading up for. Last years class was much stronger and no trade ups...

If you're in the top10 and one is there different story.

Wilson, Fields and Lance are not that far off in terms of evaluations as Tua, Herbert and Love were. It's a pretty similar class in many respects. There are also very aggressive QB needy teams who are currently outside the range to take the QBs they likely want. There's a very good chance Carolina is targeting us as a trade partner, reports suggest Philly too could be in the mix, as well as SF and the Bears who have serious issues at the position. ATL sitting right behind us and needing to draft a Ryan successor some time soon, is a driver for these teams to move up.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I keep wondering about his size.

I still think he will be good, but can he dominate NFL games at that size? Don't you need Tyreek Hill speed to do that if your think small?

I wouldn't mind that at all...trade up for Waddle with the extra pick, lol...still take scary Terry in the third, ftw

If there is no first round pick from 2022 trading down isn’t that appealing to me unless I can get Atlanta or Cincinnati’s 2nd this year. I want that first round pick next year as Tua insurance.

If there is no first round pick from 2022 trading down isn’t that appealing to me unless I can get Atlanta or Cincinnati’s 2nd this year. I want that first round pick next year as Tua insurance.

I get that, but if you only had one offer, could trade down to, say, #6 and get a R2 pick AND the guy you wanted, you'd rather take nothing?

It's a no brainer. Here's another reason why it would be awesome to get Carolina's future first. If the Texans don't trade Watson before they this years draft, we would still have enough capitol to pull it offer next year (or after this years draft). I'm behind Tua for sure, but wouldn't mind if that door stayed open. Quote The Godfather, its not personal, it's business.
That business would cost 40mill per year so no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom