McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8

Soooooo...why would Carolina trade up? QB position i'm assuming? Also, what's the Guarantee that Smith will still be there at 8? Which BTW i would be estatic to take at 8.

I would be fine with any of the top 3 WR at 8 to be honest. In the crazy world where the top 3 QBs and top 3 WRs were taken before 8, I’d be fine with Sewell (who shouldn’t make it past the Bengals), Parsons or Pitts as well. The 39th pick this year would be huge. Would prefer a 2022 1st over a 2nd, but getting an almost guaranteed starter this year at 39 would make it livable.

I would be fine with any of the top 3 WR at 8 to be honest. In the crazy world where the top 3 QBs and top 3 WRs were taken before 8, I’d be fine with Sewell (who shouldn’t make it past the Bengals), Parsons or Pitts as well. The 39th pick this year would be huge. Would prefer a 2022 1st over a 2nd, but getting an almost guaranteed starter this year at 39 would make it livable.
I am hoping to see all 5 of our top picks become starters this year. That third rounder could easily be a Center or a Safety... and we'd get a good one in that spot... or even a MIKE LB. Those 5 picks could really change the complexion of this team.

Chart goes out the window when a team is calling to come up for a QB. History shows that. Miami will want a first rounder in 2022 as part of the deal. A second rounder this year would give tons of flexibility. With a deep WR class, I could see Pitts get taken if he’s there. They could really go a lot of directions.
Exactly. Look at Washington had to give the Rams to get from 6 to 2 to get RGIII.

top 3 picks for qb tend to get more value, so I would be shocked to get a 2022 first rounder in addition to 8 and 39
We already have Iggy (hope he progresses) and half of Hunt from the Houston trade. Crazy the number of high end prospects we could add if we can pull that trade off.

Nearly a quarter of our future starters potentially could end up being traced back to Tunsil.

I think we will be able to find a trade partner for our 3 pick. It should include a 2nd or third this yr and a 1st next. The qb class for next yr is not very good , and for a qb needy team, we are the last hope for the top three QB's. Atlanta will take one of them if allowed at 4. I think either the Eagles or Carolina. However, Washington might also be an option.

We already have Iggy (hope he progresses) and half of Hunt from the Houston trade. Crazy the number of high end prospects we could add if we can pull that trade off.

Nearly a quarter of our future starters potentially could end up being traced back to Tunsil.
Tunsil will go down as the greatest player in Dolphin history, all because of a pot mask. Not because of anything he did on the field. All based on his trade value when Flo celebrates his second super bowl win we should retire Tunsils number and honor him as a great , because he would have done more to bring us back to greatness than any other player in a long time. Possible 3 1sts , and 2 2nds for a tackle that cost a team 20 million dollars. Premium picks as well.

If we can get Pitts at either 6 or 8 he is the pick. He is a matchup nightmare, along with Geiskle,At 18 we can draft the BPA .If there is a player we want say a Waddle or Parsons who is falling in the draft we have the extra draft capital from trading out of three to get them We are much improved on offense. Williams would be available with our 2 round pick from Houston

Carolina says they will not give you a 2022 first but offers 2022 second, you staying at #3?
If they added 2023 second then no. They have to pay a premium for for a top 3 pick. Have you noticed most say if we trade our 3rd for Watson is equivalent to 2 1st.

Must get at least 2022 first. Or no deal.

With 8 and 2022 first, thats two first, add our18 and Tua....here come Watson.

i know i know,....somehow every thread turning into Watson thread....haha

Any deal must include a second this year before I’d consider any futures

Back
Top Bottom