Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Please tell us the position when you post player names for those of us who are ignorant to college football like myself. Thanks. :)

Everyone we've mentioned in this thread is a WR excpet for Rivers, Navarre, Pickett, & Schaub who are all QBs.

Are you guys just completely deciding to ignore the QB position??

Why do I always hear WR names being tossed around for the first round. Seems like every year. You realize we NEED a quarterback for the future. Brunell is NOT it.

Mel is talking about Michael Clayton and how if he runs well, he may be "off the board" by 20. If Clayton is off the board, then either Reggie Williams or Rashaun Woods should be there.

Kiper thinks that there will be pretty good receiver options at #20, which is something that I completely agree with.

I say forget a rookie WR. We should throw the big money at Darrell Jackson from Seattle or Steve Smith from Carolina and get an explosive C or G in the draft. It's not the sexy pick, but we desperately need OL.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Are you guys just completely deciding to ignore the QB position??

Why do I always hear WR names being tossed around for the first round. Seems like every year. You realize we NEED a quarterback for the future. Brunell is NOT it.

Because there is a pretty good chance that we will have 2 picks in the first. Who says that Rivers won't go ahead, and Losman won't drop to being a 2nd-round prospect? There is no reason that WR shouldn't be considered in the 1st round.

We don't have a 2nd round pick, just as a reminder.

Mel Kiper thinks we should have hired Phil Savage (he's a friend of Kiper's)

I say forget a rookie WR. We should throw the big money at Darrell Jackson from Seattle or Steve Smith from Carolina and get an explosive C or G in the draft. It's not the sexy pick, but we desperately need OL.

I would love to sign Darrell Jackson, he's my first choice for FA WR's(of course, we don't have a shot at TO). As for Smith, I highly doubt we have the money to sign him and still be able to make 1-2 more moves in FA.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
We don't have a 2nd round pick, just as a reminder.

I know. What I am saying is, if Rivers or Losman drop to 2nd-round prospects, why would you pick him at #20?

Darrell Jackson dropped more passes than anyone in the NFL this year. We already complain about McKnight, this would be worse. Steve Smith is a RFA & will probably garner a 1st rounder as compensation for signing him.

I just do not think that it is as certain as you guys make it out to be that Ogun will get us a first round pick. And if he does what makes you think automatically that pick will be higher than our #20.

For that matter our first round pick in the draft might be traded...I mean Spielman seems big on that

I thought it was telling...

that he thought it was going to be a shallow draft fro o-linemen (unless you get one of the top two there's a big drop-off in talent).

Lossman and Rivers he thought might be had at 20 without much horsetrading.

Back
Top Bottom