Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I just do not think that it is as certain as you guys make it out to be that Ogun will get us a first round pick. And if he does what makes you think automatically that pick will be higher than our #20.

For that matter our first round pick in the draft might be traded...I mean Spielman seems big on that
To trade up and get who? Do you think he's trying to take at the top two projected QB's? I don't think we have enough firepower.

Glad the Jets are picking at 12. They need WR but Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald will be gone, and the rest of the guys are kinda clumped together and could be taken at the end of round 1.

I would not mind us taking a CB Chris Gamble at 20, if we have another first round pick to get a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovie Smith just got the HC job in Chicago, Mark Tressman might be their OC to try and help out the development of Rex Grossman, who they love.

Did you hear what Hank said? If we take a CB in the first round the fire dept. better be at our HQ because the fans will burn the place down.

Gamble had kind of a down year this year. I think I'd rather take DeAngelo Hall.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
...I would not mind us taking a CB Chris Gamble at 20, if we have another first round pick to get a QB.
Please tell me you're kidding. :nono:

CK that would have happened without the 2nd pick for QB had Wanny not

...lost some power. He'll need some serious kevlar coverage if that happens without 2 picks! Mel suggested 12 CB's to go in the first day, so it's a real possibility for the 3rd.

I still have a little faith that Fletcher can get turned around. I really hope he does.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I still have a little faith that Fletcher can get turned around. I really hope he does.

Whether he does or not...I can't see us picking a CB this year in Round 1....if that happens, I'll be convinced that Wanny DOES have direct influence and Spielman can pucker up as I bend over.

Even IF we have 2 1st round picks.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Whether he does or not...I can't see us picking a CB this year in Round 1....if that happens, I'll be convinced that Wanny DOES have direct influence and Spielman can pucker up as I bend over.

Even IF we have 2 1st round picks.

That being said....I don't think they will ;)

GO DOLPHINS!

I think we need to pick a QB 1st and if we do have a 2nd #1 pick a WR we can build a good line threw FA along with what we already have I do feel alot better about the draft with DAN and RICK CALLING THE SHOTS!!

Chris Gamble is a gambler ( no pun intended) The guy tries to jump routes alot much like T-Buck did in his early days with the packers. Which does result in INTs, but also results in getting burned deep, ie Gambles blown coverage against Wisconsin when he bit on the out and up route. I think we have to go QB in the first round with this pick, especially if Rivers is available.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Did you hear what Hank said? If we take a CB in the first round the fire dept. better be at our HQ because the fans will burn the place down.

Gamble had kind of a down year this year. I think I'd rather take DeAngelo Hall.

D. Hall also plays WR and returns kicks, if he could play QB he'd be perfect :D

Originally posted by Section126

The coaching staff doesn't draft.....try again.
Um, yes they do. Just because all this crap went down with Spielman and Marino doesn't mean that Wannstedt does not get to pick the draft choices. He is our Head Coach. Period. Only when Wannstedt and Spielman have two different choices and have an arguement will Wannstedt not get his pick.

So YOU try again.

You have to go WR with one 1st rounder in this draft. It's way too talented not to.

Dave will not draft the players. Dave will have input on the draft, just as any other head coach has, but he will not make the final decision.

Back
Top Bottom