Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper Jr. will be on with Hank today 5pm to 6.

Originally posted by Gonk

Um, yes they do. Just because all this crap went down with Spielman and Marino doesn't mean that Wannstedt does not get to pick the draft choices. He is our Head Coach. Period. Only when Wannstedt and Spielman have two different choices and have an arguement will Wannstedt not get his pick.

So YOU try again.

WTF are you talking about?

If Rick Spielman says that he wants to draft Joe Butplug from Boise school of the blind.....he will draft him.......Wanny has NO say.......It is in Rick's job description........

So I repeat...........Try again.

Originally posted by Section126

WTF are you talking about?

If Rick Spielman says that he wants to draft Joe Butplug from Boise school of the blind.....he will draft him.......Wanny has NO say.......It is in Rick's job description........

So I repeat...........Try again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: that just made my night!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Glad the Jets are picking at 12. They need WR but Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald will be gone, and the rest of the guys are kinda clumped together and could be taken at the end of round 1.

I would not mind us taking a CB Chris Gamble at 20, if we have another first round pick to get a QB.

oh my ck, dont say another cb at pick 20. that is not a good topic my friend.:D

You know I think if we pick anything other than a QB or stud O Lineman with the first pick we are idiots. It all starts there for Miami. We need better blocking for Ricky and we need someone who can chuck the rock and make plays. I think it is premature to know our first pick until we find out what we get in free agency. But for my Money it should be Philip Rivers, If we get two picks I would take Rivers and then I would take The highest rated lineman, perhaps Vernon Carey from UM. This draft is deep in WRs and I think we can pick one up later. With Chambers and McMichael it is a lower priority than line and QB where we have no one.

Don't 1st round offensive linemen usually demand BIG bucks? With all the moves everyone wants us to be making, can we really afford to draft a guy like Carey who, while obviously very talented, is still untested in the NFL? I think going after one or two guys through free agency is a little safer and could potentially be a bit cheaper in the end. Then we have the opportunity to go after a guy like Rivers at #20 and still pick up (assuming we get another pick from Ogunleye) a solid WR or maybe even a little, dare I say, defensive depth.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would probably cry tears of joy if we managed to draft Sean Taylor (safety out of Miami for all you that don't follow college ball). The kid can play, and he can hit. Look at what Ed Reed has done for Baltimore already. Fans up there are saying "Rod Woodson who?" Marion and Knight are both great, and I love having them. But Brock is not getting any younger, and Knight is only signed through next year (possibly 2005, I don't feel like checking right now). With Freeman likely gone, that leaves us with little or no future at safety. I'm a 'Canes fan so I have been watching Taylor for a while. He has NFL talent written all over him . . . perhaps moreso than just about any other 1st rounder. I said the same thing to my friends when Baltimore took Reed, and now he's a pro-bowler in his second year.

Who knows? He could be gone by the time we pick, but Taylor is going to be a star safety in the NFL somewhere. I would love to see him here. Before anyone bites my head off, understand that I don't claim to be in the "know" about anything. I'm a fan. I call it like I see it, and I try to never be critical. I'm just offering up a suggestion because I see safety as a position of concern in a year or two. I understand that most people are looking at next year as THE year. Believe me, so am I . . .

taylor is the best player in the draft and wont be on the board when we pick...if by some miracle he was, we'd practically be forced to ignore all other needs and draft him, he's that good

Love to have Taylor! If he is there at 20 we should take him no matter what.....because in all likely hood he's going to be a top 10 pick....:(

One thing thats been confusing me...isn't Taylor a CORNER??? I've always seen him play CB at UM I think.

I think he could play corner in the NFL and man what a bump and run corner he could be too.

nope, he's a safety, and hell be better than roy williams has been for the cowboys

There's now no need to even stay in the first round. WR Devard Darling has changed his mind & will go pro. That makes this draft 7 strong(8 if Fitz is admitted). Roy & Reggie, Clayton, Woods, Evans, Darling, & Jenkins are all carry first round grades but all 7 are obviously not going to go in round one. Unless one of the Williams some how falls to us we should trade down until only 3 names remain on the list. We could gain an extra 3 or 4 by trading down once or twice, picks we could use.

Originally posted by SMadison29
There's now no need to even stay in the first round. WR Devard Darling has changed his mind & will go pro. That makes this draft 7 strong(8 if Fitz is admitted). Roy & Reggie, Clayton, Woods, Evans, Darling, & Jenkins are all carry first round grades but all 7 are obviously not going to go in round one. Unless one of the Williams some how falls to us we should trade down until only 3 names remain on the list. We could gain an extra 3 or 4 by trading down once or twice, picks we could use.

That would SMOKE! We'd shore up some gaps and be able to gain some soon-to-be-needed depth.

Keep comin out guys!!!!

No way you add a safety, that is the last thing to add... keep OGUN for the pass rush and depth at speed rush should Taylor have any durability issues (hope not).
The draft is very deep at wr, unless one of the top3 slips, go after O line. Trade up for Andrews of Arkansas , a big RT who can make Ricky and the Play pass a per down feature.
Then slide you T to G and go big for Norv's zoneblock. If Andrews is gone consider other options. First day picks should be a WR and perhaps a CB unless Madison returns cap friendly. maybe you can get a top SS or FS and let some vet cash go, but only if the top safety is on the board.
Expect them to add another LB high to mid as well. It all depends on how the cap goes. This fan expects Marino to add some true value at QB as a free agent, maybe his presence can develop rappor for more free agents. Maybe his agent knows others and conflicts of interest can be smoothed with some savvy cap deals?
This an interesting time. To see Marino offer a bankroll for Manning and highbrow the cheap Irsay would be some BIG TIME hype for this year upcoming!
The server was nealry fried off the traffic today! :) So many options!:eat:

Originally posted by Mr.Murder
The draft is very deep at wr, unless one of the top3 slips, go after O line. Trade up for Andrews of Arkansas , a big RT who can make Ricky and the Play pass a per down feature.
Then slide you T to G and go big for Norv's zoneblock. If Andrews is gone consider other options. First day picks should be a WR and perhaps a CB unless Madison returns cap friendly. maybe you can get a top SS or FS and let some vet cash go, but only if the top safety is on the board.

I don't think you understand the depth of free agency & the draft combined. The draft if very deep in WRs while there isn't crap in the free agent market & just the opposite for offensive lineman. Shawn Andrews is gonna be a bust IMO because he can't keep his weight under control, much like former Lions first round RT Aaron Gibson. There's no need to trade up for something that isn't a sure thing when the talent(at least in WRs) is gonna fall right into our lap.

gallery is the best lineman in the draft, andrews a distant second IMO

You don't draft QB if Reggie Williams is available at #20.I will be shock if he is available when we pick.

Back
Top Bottom