Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty

Caps said:
Damn, I hate this mock. The 3 players I want (Huff, Greenway, Cutler) are all off the board when we pick. If the first 15 picks went down like this, I would probably take LenDale White and try to work out a deal to trade him down for extra picks. There's a lot of teams below us that would be interested in him.
Way to risky, especially with Maroney still there as already mentioned.

don't draft white, but instead, offer up the pick to any team that wants white, and let the bidding war begin. someone would be willing to fork over a 3rd i bet to move up and take him.

Juan Cribbs said:
don't draft white, but instead, offer up the pick to any team that wants white, and let the bidding war begin. someone would be willing to fork over a 3rd i bet to move up and take him.
Agreed

If this was the case I would much rather trade down or take a Safety prospect like Ko Simpson with this pick. We have lots of young CBs but no top notch Safety prospect. Everything read about this guy is he is going to be very good. Great size and speed.

I don't see why you guys think that that would be too risky. The only top running back left on the board would be Maroney if we took White. And the teams that would probably be interested are: Seattle, Pittsburgh, Indy, Giants, Pats, Jax, Carolina, KC, and Minny(all pending FA). The odds are definitely in our favor. If we could get a good deal done just by trading the pick, I'd rather do that, but it's hard to have a good bidding war in just 15 minutes.

Caps said:
I don't see why you guys think that that would be too risky. The only top running back left on the board would be Maroney if we took White. And the teams that would probably be interested are: Seattle, Pittsburgh, Indy, Giants, Pats, Jax, Carolina, KC, and Minny(all pending FA). The odds are definitely in our favor. If we could get a good deal done just by trading the pick, I'd rather do that, but it's hard to have a good bidding war in just 15 minutes.

because we have no leverage. teams know we have to trade him, and with another top RB on the board, teams wont give us near what the 16th pick is worth.

i think the teams you mentioned would then get in a bidding war for the next team(s) to get maroney. there's a risk involved in your idea, caps. and 15 minutes is long enough to work out a trade. happens all the time. i believe 2 years ago there were 8 trades in the first round.

If that happened i think the best thing to do would be to trade down and pick up solid tackles like mcniel and max jean-giles ect. and shure that up, man though i would hate if that mock draft was true.

Nappy Roots said:
because we have no leverage. teams know we have to trade him, and with another top RB on the board, teams wont give us near what the 16th pick is worth.
Theres only one top back left on the board and like, 8 teams that need a RB. More if you count teams picking above us that could give us future picks and 2nds and 3rds. And if we had traded Ricky, we could say that we were looking to run the 2 back system(which we could if worse comes to worst). We would get plenty of good offers.

Caps said:
Theres only one top back left on the board and like, 8 teams that need a RB. More if you count teams picking above us that could give us future picks and 2nds and 3rds. And if we had traded Ricky, we could say that we were looking to run the 2 back system(which we could if worse comes to worst). We would get plenty of good offers.

teams will laugh at us if we tell them we are looking to run a 2 back system.

btw, this senario wouldnt happen so its not worth much debate.

Nappy Roots said:
teams will laugh at us if we tell them we are looking to run a 2 back system.

btw, this senario wouldnt happen so its not worth much debate.

Whats Ricky and Ronnie?

fishypete said:
Whats Ricky and Ronnie?

come on man. im talking about drafting a RB in the first round 2 years in a row because we wanna run a 2 back system, teams would laugh at us.

Back
Top Bottom