Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty

mcteems said:
Here is some info on Youboty:

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/youboty_ashton00.html

He is bypassing his senior year to enter the draft. How could that get him into the first round? He isn't a standout. I'm not buying him as Miami's 16th pick. This will change again.
Bypassing his senior season isnt the reason hes ranked so highly. The reason is cause hes a tall physical corner who has ball skils and speed. His only weaknesses are inexperience, he sometimes allows too much space in the trail technique, and he needs to be more aggressive/assertive when jamming his man at the line.

Boik14 said:
Bypassing his senior season isnt the reason hes ranked so highly. The reason is cause hes a tall physical corner who has ball skils and speed. His only weaknesses are inexperience, he sometimes allows too much space in the trail technique, and he needs to be more aggressive/assertive when jamming his man at the line.

Yeah, but is he a first round pick? Maybe. It seems that Williams and Huff are the only standout DBs in the first round. Tye Hill has had some hype around him. But Youboty? Since when did he jump to 16 out of nowhere? I would rather see Miami get Chad Greenway or DeMeco Ryans if Huff and Williams are gone at 16. If you can't get one of the top two DBs in the first round, get a DB in the 2nd or 3rd.

mcteems said:
Yeah, but is he a first round pick? Maybe. It seems that Williams and Huff are the only standout DBs in the first round. Tye Hill has had some hype around him. But Youboty? Since when did he jump to 16 out of nowhere? I would rather see Miami get Chad Greenway or DeMeco Ryans if Huff and Williams are gone at 16. If you can't get one of the top two DBs in the first round, get a DB in the 2nd or 3rd.
Hes clearly a 1st. the question where he gets selected in rd 1 (likely in the 14-20 range) will depend in large part on his 40 and his overall combine. Its really not out of nowhere that he jumped. Its how closely people have been paying attention. Personally I identified him as a player who would be ideal for Saban's defense a month or two ago because of his ability, height and the fact hes good vs the run. Then I researched further

Williams has more questions than Youboty in many peoples opinion. Williams is more of a FS cause of his height, lack of hip swivel, speed concerns etc.

I don't think Kiper's mock looks bad, but I think White goes to Arizona.

mcteems said:

Youboty didn't exactly jump out of nowhere unless you don't follow college football closely. Youboty was the #2 junior CB coming into the season behind only Antonio Cromartie. Because of Cromartie's injury Youboty moved up to the #1 junior CB. Youboty didn't play as well as he did his sophomore, which he was fabulous.

Juan Cribbs said:
this pretty much answers my biggest fears that michael huff would skyrocket in the draft. kiper has him going #7 overall to san fran. he deserves it. hopefully NFL teams don't have the insight he does here.

lots of other interesting picks. i like youboty, but not this much.
I'd not like him at 16 at all.I'd rather have Ryan or Lawson...I'd rather move down and draft Max Jean-Gilles or Lawson in the 20's and get an extra pick.I just don't see Nick going for a corner at 16 when he knows we've gotten Pat and Sam in the 2nd and Daniels and Poole in the 4th....we can get good corners later on.

Ozzy rules!!

Caps said:
Damn, I hate this mock. The 3 players I want (Huff, Greenway, Cutler) are all off the board when we pick. If the first 15 picks went down like this, I would probably take LenDale White and try to work out a deal to trade him down for extra picks. There's a lot of teams below us that would be interested in him.

i hate this mock, trading down is the thing to do but the lendale white trading thing isn't that bad an idea. doesn't everyone always say you take the best player available? and what's to say we trade white? isn't it possible you trade ricky williams in a heartbeat then? or even ronnie brown, if the offer is right? at that point in the draft, anyone who would be trading up would be targetting white specifically, imo, so actually drafting him would increase your leverage, wouldn't it? after white, the remaining first round picks aren't necessarily that inspiring, and i've seen mocks with white going in the top ten (as high as fifth to green bay). so if a top five guy - a running back, not a qb, so it's less subjective, imo - drops to sixteen? you take him. nothing stopping you from trading him once he's drafted, is there? i'm not saying i'd do it, but i'm not saying i wouldn't. it's not that crazy an idea.

finsrule84 said:
why risk another Fletcher when we can have a 6'9 338lb monster in Mcneil at 16

EXACTLY.....we can have a beast!!!!

Greenway to Cleveland is what I am worried about. I think Crennell wants the kid as well. Kiper may be somewhat right on with this as far as the top 15 or so.... Still early.

..take it from a guy who doesnt miss a snap of Buckeye football!! Youboty is NOT a mid 1st round talent.....I thin Mel is outthinking himself here because OSU has had some great corners come out lately (Clements, Gamble)

Ashton needed to stay in college, infact I had a little chuckle when he decided to go pro...

All I know is he better have a helluva combine to deserve that high of consideration.

Alex22 said:
Im not so into youboty, if you want a corner that has some potential its Zimitus or however you spell it, the kid from Penn State, Ive only seen him play 3 times but each time I can away VERY impressed with his skill and he was always making big plays.

First round id like Greenway or Huff
Second round Croyle or maybe a LT
third Whitehurst or Jacobs if he is still there

Alan Zemaitis isnt a 1st round pick. If anything, Zemaitis I think could translate to FS in the NFL. Im a PSU alum so I watched every single game this year, Zemaitis is a solid CB but I think he would struggle in man to man, I think he would play better in a zone scheme and I think because of his size, he could be good as FS.

Alan is a late 2nd round pick at best right now. It wouldnt suprise me if his counterpart, Anwar Phillips, was selected before him.

While I am not putting much stock into mock drafts this early in the process, I have a feeling that Huff will be gone by the time we pick. The guy really looks like a monster. :(

I really dislike the way that draft falls, if that was all that was left when we drafted I almost would say try and trade down. There are probably 10 or 11 guys I wouldn't mind us getting and he has them all going before us. Of course the good thing is with Detroit and Arizona in there one of them is bound to make a bonehead move and someone should fall.

If that's the way the top 15 go which I don't think it will cos Mel doesn't have a crystal ball,then I think we should move down.I think the players from 16 to 28 are all very close in talent so why not get an extra pick IF we can? There's a lot of value with guards, centers and safeties in the late 1st and in the 2nd round so I'd love to have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds.We could come away with a LT, a Center, an OLB and then maybe Whitehurst in the 3rd.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom