Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's latest mock: Dolphins take CB Youboty

Caps said:
I don't see why you guys think that that would be too risky. The only top running back left on the board would be Maroney if we took White. And the teams that would probably be interested are: Seattle, Pittsburgh, Indy, Giants, Pats, Jax, Carolina, KC, and Minny(all pending FA). The odds are definitely in our favor. If we could get a good deal done just by trading the pick, I'd rather do that, but it's hard to have a good bidding war in just 15 minutes.
It's too risky b/c other teams are looking at us and thinking "OK, let's get this straight, you're willing to hang on to LW if I don't give you a 2nd or 3rd rounder plus my first, despite the fact you have two guys named Williams and Brown already in front of him?...yeah right, I'll take my chances with FA (EJ/ SA) or you letting one of those RBs go in training camp"....in short, we'd have very little leverage.

PhinstiGator said:
Kiper is one of those guys who is infatuated with the QB position. You seldom see 3 QB's go in the top ten...Probably once or twice every 20 years.

I wonder how high Kiper had Rogers going last year?
Return to Draft Summary Page Return to Highlights Page
Comparative Mock Drafts

Here you go...kind of funny most of these guys had Roth and Crowder going in the first round....

4/1/05 Mel Kiper

1 San Francisco Rodgers
2 Miami Brown
3 Cleveland A Smith
4 Chicago Edwards
5 Tampa Bay C Williams
6 Tennessee Rolle
7 Minnesota (from Oak) M Williams
8 Cardinals Benson
9 Washington PM Jones
10 Detroit D Johnson
11 Dallas Merriman
12 San Diego (from Gi) Spears
13 Houston Barron
14 Carolina Williamson
15 Kansas City Ware
16 New Orleans T Davis
17 Cincinnati Rogers
18 Minnesota D Cody
19 St. Louis Jam Brown
20 Dallas (from Buff) White
21 Jacksonville M Jackson
22 Baltimore Clayton
23 Seattle Pollack
24 Green Bay E James
25 Denver T Johnson
26 N.Y. Jets F Washington
27 Atlanta S Cody
28 San Diego Barnes
29 Indianapolis Roth
30 Pittsburgh H Miller
31 Philadelphia M Jones
32 New England J Miller

ahhh good ol' Mel Kiper...best hair since Jimmy Johnson :D

StLouisFinFan said:
It's too risky b/c other teams are looking at us and thinking "OK, let's get this straight, you're willing to hang on to LW if I don't give you a 2nd or 3rd rounder plus my first, despite the fact you have two guys named Williams and Brown already in front of him?...yeah right, I'll take my chances with FA (EJ/ SA) or you letting one of those RBs go in training camp"....in short, we'd have very little leverage.
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

:yes: :yes: :yes:
IT WON'T HAPPEN.....

Im not so into youboty, if you want a corner that has some potential its Zimitus or however you spell it, the kid from Penn State, Ive only seen him play 3 times but each time I can away VERY impressed with his skill and he was always making big plays.

First round id like Greenway or Huff
Second round Croyle or maybe a LT
third Whitehurst or Jacobs if he is still there

StLouisFinFan said:

Well first of all, EJ and SA will most likely have already signed with teams by the draft. And we may have traded Ricky also, but lets assume that we didn't. We can take two teams off the list of teams below us that need a RB because of EJ and SA, even though they may sign with teams above us. Then you take one more off the list that gets Maroney.

There's still a good 5 or 6 teams that need a RB that would be interested in White. None of them can lowball us because if they do then the other 4 teams would get him over them. Like I said, I'd rather trade the pick if possible, but a good trade can be had if we took White.

wow, youboty would be a very depressing pick:boohoo: ive watched alot of his games, and this guy is terrible in coverage. if we were going to pick corner here, id rather take richard marshall from fresno state,saban really likes him. there are so many guys id want other than youboty who are still on the board, simpson in particular. anyways, if the draft went down like this, the best idea like many of u said would be to trade down

amir7 said:
wow, youboty would be a very depressing pick

You ain't kidding. I'd trade down in any way possible if this happened, but if I had to pick someone at 16, I'd take Ko Simpson, like you mentioned.

There are a lot of things that I dont agree with in this mock...including Huff at 7...they have more pressing issues, unless they stick with Gore, no way White and Williams stay on the board past 7...

Juan Cribbs said:
this pretty much answers my biggest fears that michael huff would skyrocket in the draft. kiper has him going #7 overall to san fran. he deserves it. hopefully NFL teams don't have the insight he does here.

lots of other interesting picks. i like youboty, but not this much.

I'd rather take Marcus McNeil with our 16th pick, and draft a QB in the 2nd.

:dolphins:

Man I don't like New England getting Maroney or maybe even White, looks like they will have a shot at one of them though.

Kiper is out of his mind. I follow Ohio State and Youboty was awful during a stretch of 3-4 games where he was picked on by every QB. His cover skills are average at best. He is a good tackler but isn't big enough to be a 1st round pick. He is easily one of the most overrated players in the draft.

Ashton is a stud. I think I predicted this amonth ago. good to know Mel is reading up like he should

Back
Top Bottom