MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ?

bluehaze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I used the Tivo to transcribe this from cover two on cold pizza:

Jim Trotter says "Angry but not apathetic" "I spoke with 2 Dolphins players that said there is little chance they will mail it in after a 1-5 start but there continues to be gripes in the locker room about coach Nick Saban, Saban grinds on the players both mentally and physically and there is second guessing going on about his personel decisions such as passing on Drew Brees to take Daunte Culpepper. Still players acknowledge the only thing they can do is keep playing hard and try to turn it around. They don't believe that public grousing will do any good because Saban has a big contract and total control of football operations so they'll be out the door before he is."

:eek:

I'm just the messenger, dont shoot me!

Well when you are losing it becomes easy to find disgruntled players.

And the fun begins...right now it's silent protest....but if they keep losing games....it'll be a tidal wave.

Saban Losing Control of Team

Some of you guys probley heard this on Cold Pizza today. They said that they had quoted (no source given) 2 player in the Dolphins locker room saying that Saban is losing the team. They said that some of the players are questioning Saban starting Culpepper at the beginning of the season and letting him play as long as he did when everyone knew he wasn't ready. Disention in the locker room between players and coach is never a good thing.

I would cut or trade any disgruntled player. If they aren't part of the solution then they are part of the problem. Nobody, not a single player on the roster should be exempted from being moved.

I'm not surprised. Losing breeds this kind of stuff and winning cures it. I'm still fixated with the fact that we allowed the Jets offense to dictate the matchups they wanted vs our defense. Everyone here wants to bash Jackson and Tillman and that's fine but why were they put in a position to go one on one with Coles??? If it's that easy why can't we ever get Chambers sngled up with the oppositons 4th corner or maybe SS. It's coaching, and a porr display of it.

I dont belive anything out of Cold Pizza

bluehaze said:
I used the Tivo to transcribe this from cover two on cold pizza:

Jim Trotter says "Angry but not apathetic" "I spoke with 2 Dolphins players that said there is little chance they will mail it in after a 1-5 start but there continues to be gripes in the locker room about coach Nick Saban, Saban grinds on the players both mentally and physically and there is second guessing going on about his personelle decisions such as passing on Drew Brees to take Daunte Culpepper. Still players acknowledge the only thing they can do is keep playing hard and try to turn it around. They don't believe that public grousing will do any good because Saban has a big contract and total control or football operations so they'll be out the door before he is."

:eek:

I'm just the messenger, dont shoot me!

Saban2005 said:
I would cut or trade any disgruntled player. If they aren't part of the solution then they are part of the problem. Nobody, not a single player on the roster should be exempted from being moved.

that's very true. Even if its JT or ZT, NOBODY should be exempt. These guys are getting paid to play for Nick Saban whether they like it or not.

Xeus24 said:
I dont belive anything out of Cold Pizza

I believe this story. Why wouldn't you? It is pretty clear to everyone. No big secret news or anything. Lots of people are mad and second guessing.

the only thing the players should be mad at saban for is hiring mike mularkey

Saban4prez said:
that's very true. Even if its JT or ZT, NOBODY should be exempt. These guys are getting paid to play for Nick Saban whether they like it or not.

First we don't know if it's true or not....or if it is....what players may be unhappy....never mind it being just two.....seems to me, the players are playing....we may not like the results....but thats not the point of interest at this time. The fact that someone may be unhappy....is not a surprise....most of us fans are unhappy....and they are alot closer to the reason than we are.

Damn if there is any truth to that rumor we are going to be in for a loooooonnngg season. You know what sucks the most? I remember at the last game of last year Saban said "This will be the last 16 game season you will ever have". I really didn't think things would turn out like this and now that they are it puts me in the worst mood.

Back
Top Bottom