MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ?

K-Rob said:
A few weeks back I was on a plane when some giant ogre sat next to me. I saw that he had a fat ring on his hand so I asked him about it figuring he was a linemen for some SuperBowl team or something. Turns out he played in the Rose Bowl with Michigan St. Not knowig anything about college I asked him if it was during the Saban years and he told me that Saban was the Def. Cor. at the time.

So I told him I was a Dolphins fan and he shared with me that he had doubts about what Saban would accomplish in the NFL. He said that he did well in college because he was mainly dealing with kids. He said that he would ride them HARD (no surprise) but as a kid you just listen because what he teaches you can get you into the NFL. Well...in the NFL you don't have kids anymore and grown, mature adults aren't going to appreciate being ragged on mentally and physically like Saban did in college. Made a ton of sense to me. Maybe that's starting to show now.

Oh, see now THAT's interesting. The former O-line coach for my high school played for Michigan St. while Saban was there. He had the same doubts. He said he nitpicked at minor details and rode guys hard. He said the vets of the NFL will eventually grow tired at the nagging.

I think one of Nick's floaties is leaking air . . .

Lets hope like heck this is wrong, or that Nick gets a clue.

Mr. Reality said:
I'm not surprised. Losing breeds this kind of stuff and winning cures it. I'm still fixated with the fact that we allowed the Jets offense to dictate the matchups they wanted vs our defense. Everyone here wants to bash Jackson and Tillman and that's fine but why were they put in a position to go one on one with Coles??? If it's that easy why can't we ever get Chambers sngled up with the oppositons 4th corner or maybe SS. It's coaching, and a porr display of it.
It could be because Coles is an actual decent receiver whereas Chambers had a fluke season last year. I like Chambers, but I've preached this before, very talented, zero consistency.

Mainge said:
Oh, see now THAT's interesting. The former O-line coach for my high school played for Michigan St. while Saban was there. He had the same doubts. He said he nitpicked at minor details and rode guys hard. He said the vets of the NFL will eventually grow tired at the nagging.

Interesting.....

I've heard 2 sports talk guys on 560 say that when Saban first came to the Phins and initiated his media information lock down that all their sources for information supported Saban and stopped talking.

Since that time their sources have come back and are offering tid bits of information anonymously against Sabans wishes simply because they are all tired of being treated like crap by Saban.

In addition I worked proffessionally with an old Phins player for a little while. He says he still has contacts within and hears similar gripes from current players he knows.

I don't know how true any of this is but I'm starting to get a little concerned. Hearing a number of different sources all starting to bring up a negative trait that may derail Saban's chances of success in the NFL and more importantly the Phins chance of success under him is disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom