MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ?

K-Rob said:
A few weeks back I was on a plane when some giant ogre sat next to me. I saw that he had a fat ring on his hand so I asked him about it figuring he was a linemen for some SpuerBowl team or something. Turns out he played in the Rose Bowl with Michigan St. Not knowig anything about college I asked him if it was during the Saban years and he told me that Saban was the Def. Cor. at the time.

So I told him I was a Dolphins fan and he shared with me that he had doubts about what Saban would accomplish in the NFL. He said that he did well in college because he was mainly dealing with kids. He said that he would ride then HARD (no surprise) but as a kid you just listen because what he teaches you can get you into the NFL. Well...in the NFL you don't have kids anymore and grown, mature adults aren't going to appreciate being ragged on mentally and physically like Saban did in college. Made a ton of sense to me. Maybe that's starting to show now.

All of that is probably true but one thing is missing here. Winning!!! I would think every football player wants to win more than anything else in the free world. I'm probably expecting way too much there but would hope that is true. Every human has a conscience and these players should know if they're giving it their all or it they are slacking. If they are slacking they should take there abuse like men and use it as motivation to get better. If not, well then they've got a point. Judging from my experience in the work place most people who get picked on at work aren't getting picked on like they think. They just outright suck or are not giving a good enough effort, but they are not smart enough to realize it. Any boss who challenges their workers is an ******* nowadays. It's the over sensitive american culture in the 2000's.

Mr. Reality said:
All of that is probably true but one thing is missing here. Winning!!! I would think every football player wants to win more than anything else in the free world. I'm probably expecting way too much there but would hope that is true. Every human has a conscience and these players should know if they're giving it their all or it they are slacking. If they are slacking they should take there abuse like men and use it as motivation to get better. If not, well then they've got a point. Judging from my experience in the work place most people who get picked on at work aren't getting picked on like they think. They just outright suck or are not giving a good enough effort, but they are not smart enough to realize it. Any boss who challenges their workers is an ******* nowadays. It's the over sensitive american culture in the 2000's.

Afreakinmen! Could you imagine these cottled puppies playing football for a coach from the fifities,sixties or seventies era? My oh my. Don Shula was a task master! He ran Jake Scott off, for heavens sakes. Vince lombardi, Frank Kush would eat these tadpoles alive. It's awful...just awful.

K-Rob said:
A few weeks back I was on a plane when some giant ogre sat next to me. I saw that he had a fat ring on his hand so I asked him about it figuring he was a linemen for some SpuerBowl team or something. Turns out he played in the Rose Bowl with Michigan St. Not knowig anything about college I asked him if it was during the Saban years and he told me that Saban was the Def. Cor. at the time.

So I told him I was a Dolphins fan and he shared with me that he had doubts about what Saban would accomplish in the NFL. He said that he did well in college because he was mainly dealing with kids. He said that he would ride then HARD (no surprise) but as a kid you just listen because what he teaches you can get you into the NFL. Well...in the NFL you don't have kids anymore and grown, mature adults aren't going to appreciate being ragged on mentally and physically like Saban did in college. Made a ton of sense to me. Maybe that's starting to show now.

it worked with Belichik and Parcells. Where it doesnt always work is with the players you inherit. by next yr anyone who doesnt fit the mold is gone

Reality, Mole, Adam...all good points guys!

As far as I can see if these alleged comments were made I can see it being JT and Zach, they carry the most weight in terms of salary and there getting a little long in the tooth.

But as far as I can see.

Saban doesn't kick field goals.
Saban doesn't drop easy 3rd down passes one of which results in fg.
Saban doesn't drop easy passes going across the middle.
Saban doesn't miss assignments in coverage that cost us the game.
Saban doesn't consitently miss blocks.
Saban doesn't fumble the ball.
Saban doesn't cause penalities.

The only game that I blame on the coach or the coaching staff is the playcall at the end of the game against Houston for the 2 pt conversion but if any of the things I outlined above don't happen, were not in that situation.

If the scheme is to difficult for these guys mentally to comprehend those "alleged" players will be gone cause they don't fit.

westernnyphinfa said:
As far as I can see if these alleged comments were made I can see it being JT and Zach, they carry the most weight in terms of salary and there getting a little long in the tooth.

But as far as I can see.

Saban doesn't kick field goals.
Saban doesn't drop easy 3rd down passes one of which results in fg.
Saban doesn't drop easy passes going across the middle.
Saban doesn't miss assignments in coverage that cost us the game.
Saban doesn't consitently miss blocks.
Saban doesn't fumble the ball.
Saban doesn't cause penalities.

The only game that I blame on the coach or the coaching staff is the playcall at the end of the game against Houston for the 2 pt conversion but if any of the things I outlined above don't happen, were not in that situation.

If the scheme is to difficult for these guys mentally to comprehend those "alleged" players will be gone cause they don't fit.

When you have this many problems it falls on the coaching staff for not having the players prepared to play. We have seen these same problems week after week and nothing is being done to make them any better. I've seen Plaxico Burress get benched for dropping passes/tipping balls into players hand in the Giants/Sehawks game. A good coach holds his players accountable. Saban philosophy has always been the players are accountable for themselves...that philosophy obviously isn't working.

I thought that Everyone respects a disgruntled player. It's suppose to e natural for a player to be angry if things are not going well. When Dante was ma about being pulled, he was a hero for being angry. I think we need to keep our good players like JT and ZT, not cut them.

ac_lanham said:
When you're not winning, you'll always be questioned. If there were a role reversal and Culpepper was lighting it up with the Saints while Brees was here playing with a bum shoulder and Nick kept constantly playing him, then Nick would get questioned. I'm not defending Nick here but it is what it is...

You're being so very open minded, to bad your brains are spillin on the sidewalk. Saban made a cheap , craven peasant, decision based on saving dollars for his billionare master, he was so busy kissin hind he lost sight of the goal "Success". .

smearnov said:
You're being so very open minded, to bad your brains are spillin on the sidewalk. Saban made a cheap , craven peasant, decision based on saving dollars for his billionare master, he was so busy kissin hind he lost sight of the goal "Success". .

No way, both QBs have had their highs and lows and both were coming off injuries. If Brees were in Miami and we were 1-5 while Daunte was in New Orleans at 5-1, Saban would still be second guessed...for NOT going the cheaper route. Bank on it

Mogwai said:
Saban talks a lot. Speaks of his philosophies with a certain amount of arrogance. Without results everything he says is bull****. Players might be sensing that.

And who's responsible for getting the results? Last time I checked Saban didn't have a uniform on and isn't responsible for executing the plays on the field.

dolfn66 said:
And who's responsible for getting the results? Last time I checked Saban didn't have a uniform on and isn't responsible for executing the plays on the field.
Players are responsible for their individual results and effort. As for the overall success of a team the coach and gm are always the first to be held responsible and accountable for the teams results. Every decision involving the team goes through Saban. The buck stops there. He should be applauded for the teams successes and is open to criticism when they fail.

AZfinfan said:
Why is it that everyone always says if that what Saban thinks than it must be right. Why does he get a free pass. He hired 2 lossers as coordinators, passes on a winner at qb and hires a losser and hasn't improved our team at all. I am not giving up nor do I think he has to go but you won't find me giving out free passes. He has to earn his respect just like everyone else.
Care to explain your train of thought on this one? Culpepper isn't a loser, Capers isn't a bad coordinator (he's actually improved our defense), and Saban has been limited in what he can do by the screwed-up salary cap. If you could suggest better offseason moves and justify them under the salary cap, please do so.

smearnov said:
Saban made a cheap , craven peasant, decision based on saving dollars for his billionare master, he was so busy kissin hind he lost sight of the goal "Success".

"Smear" is right. Do you actually believe what you just said?

ac_lanham said:
No way, both QBs have had their highs and lows and both were coming off injuries. If Brees were in Miami and we were 1-5 while Daunte was in New Orleans at 5-1, Saban would still be second guessed...for NOT going the cheaper route. Bank on it

No, I think if Brees was here we would be 5-1 hence no problems! The Saints would be 1-5 and Daunte would be their problem :lol:

bluehaze said:
I used the Tivo to transcribe this from cover two on cold pizza:

Jim Trotter says "Angry but not apathetic" "I spoke with 2 Dolphins players that said there is little chance they will mail it in after a 1-5 start but there continues to be gripes in the locker room about coach Nick Saban, Saban grinds on the players both mentally and physically and there is second guessing going on about his personel decisions such as passing on Drew Brees to take Daunte Culpepper. Still players acknowledge the only thing they can do is keep playing hard and try to turn it around. They don't believe that public grousing will do any good because Saban has a big contract and total control of football operations so they'll be out the door before he is."

:eek:

I'm just the messenger, dont shoot me!

These were the same players who were gushing over DC in mini camp and TC.

Back
Top Bottom