MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGE-Players not happy with Saban?-Saban losing control ?

Just the players? How about the fans, and the owner too? Think Wayne is happy to have one of the worse salary caps in the league to put up with this? Now he won't even sell tickets with a 1-5 record.

sounds like the main problem is they're losing. losing breeds discontent and fingers start getting pointed. the most important thing said was that they wont pack it in. that's the only time to worry ala raiders

I do think we need to give this coach a chance though. There is nobody on this team who has contributed to the Dolphins doing any better than getting humilated in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. It sucks but it's true. Pats fans have been telling me for years we couldn't win with this core of players. It may be tme to clean house. I've got a friend who is a diehard Cardinals fan and even after last night I sent him an E-mail stating I'd rather be a Cardinals fan right now. At least they have a young core of players to root for instead of a bunch of Has beens, never were's and never will be's like we do.

bluehaze said:
I used the Tivo to transcribe this from cover two on cold pizza:

Jim Trotter says "Angry but not apathetic" "I spoke with 2 Dolphins players that said there is little chance they will mail it in after a 1-5 start but there continues to be gripes in the locker room about coach Nick Saban, Saban grinds on the players both mentally and physically and there is second guessing going on about his personel decisions such as passing on Drew Brees to take Daunte Culpepper. Still players acknowledge the only thing they can do is keep playing hard and try to turn it around. They don't believe that public grousing will do any good because Saban has a big contract and total control of football operations so they'll be out the door before he is."

:eek:

I'm just the messenger, dont shoot me!

When you're not winning, you'll always be questioned. If there were a role reversal and Culpepper was lighting it up with the Saints while Brees was here playing with a bum shoulder and Nick kept constantly playing him, then Nick would get questioned. I'm not defending Nick here but it is what it is...

Mr. Reality said:
I'm not surprised. Losing breeds this kind of stuff and winning cures it. I'm still fixated with the fact that we allowed the Jets offense to dictate the matchups they wanted vs our defense. Everyone here wants to bash Jackson and Tillman and that's fine but why were they put in a position to go one on one with Coles??? If it's that easy why can't we ever get Chambers sngled up with the oppositons 4th corner or maybe SS. It's coaching, and a porr display of it.

couldn't have said it any better. I have been frustrated since day one with the talk surrounding our coaching staff. Why is it that everyone always says if that what Saban thinks than it must be right. Why does he get a free pass. He hired 2 lossers as coordinators, passes on a winner at qb and hires a losser and hasn't improved our team at all. I am not giving up nor do I think he has to go but you won't find me giving out free passes. He has to earn his respect just like everyone else.

If players are disgruntled and pissed at the coach at this point then they are losers, its that simple. Every single player AND coach should be looking at themselves to make improvements any coach or player that is pointing fingers is a loser, again its that simple.

the reason we are losing are those players, they need to go so this thing can turn around, how long has it been since we had a playoff team, this group needs to buckle up or get out, the guys saban drafted love the guy

Finland said:
I believe this story. Why wouldn't you? It is pretty clear to everyone. No big secret news or anything. Lots of people are mad and second guessing.

Besides fans and media...who?

bluehaze said:
I used the Tivo to transcribe this from cover two on cold pizza:

Jim Trotter says "Angry but not apathetic" "I spoke with 2 Dolphins players that said there is little chance they will mail it in after a 1-5 start but there continues to be gripes in the locker room about coach Nick Saban, Saban grinds on the players both mentally and physically and there is second guessing going on about his personel decisions such as passing on Drew Brees to take Daunte Culpepper. Still players acknowledge the only thing they can do is keep playing hard and try to turn it around. They don't believe that public grousing will do any good because Saban has a big contract and total control of football operations so they'll be out the door before he is."

:eek:

I'm just the messenger, dont shoot me!

I want a thread that reads, "Fans are becoming unhappy with players? Players losing their jobs?"

i could give a damn if the players are grumbling, saban is a great head coach, these guys are mentally soft that is why the mistakes happen, they should work our jobs for a week and see how easy the have it

Bonedoc7777 said:
the reason we are losing are those players, they need to go so this thing can turn around, how long has it been since we had a playoff team, this group needs to buckle up or get out, the guys saban drafted love the guy

I blame everyone on this but you do have a point. I have always felt that our players were kind of soft compared to other teams players. we don't have young talented players that are going to blow up the guy in front of them. A prime example of this would be Chambers who is soft, plain and simple. He lacks focus and any time he goes up against a good corner he shows it. Hines Ward is the complete opposite of Chambers and is the type of player we need around here. He blocks, goes over the middle and does not get shut down all the time.

Bonedoc7777 said:
i could give a damn if the players are grumbling, saban is a great head coach, these guys are mentally soft that is why the mistakes happen, they should work our jobs for a week and see how easy the have it

Another point that i wanted to make is that the leaders on the offense our probably the softest players on our team. Dante chokes under pressure and Joey is affected every time he gets booed. How is the QB who is supposed to be the leader of your team going to be soft? The QB is supposed to lead and be the toughest and most calm person on the field. A rookie last night showed more poise in his 2nd game than Dante has showed his whole career.
This is part of the problem with the team is that we haven't had a leader on the field with toughness since Marino. If this was Marino's team he would have bitched everyone out for the way that they have played. Saban should be doing this right now but he's as quiet as a mouse, where is all the passion?

Mr. Reality said:
I'm not surprised. Losing breeds this kind of stuff and winning cures it. I'm still fixated with the fact that we allowed the Jets offense to dictate the matchups they wanted vs our defense. Everyone here wants to bash Jackson and Tillman and that's fine but why were they put in a position to go one on one with Coles??? If it's that easy why can't we ever get Chambers sngled up with the oppositons 4th corner or maybe SS. It's coaching, and a porr display of it.

BEAAAAAAAUTIFULLYYY SAID! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! finally someone whit KNOWLEDGE!

Bonedoc7777 said:

I'm not a fan of football players who are prima donna's, but I wouldn't quite say Saban is a 'great' head coach, just yet. He's proved himself in the college world, not in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom