Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/accident

"Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

A plastic surgeon has been summoned.

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

Let's all give our thoughts to the Rothlisberger family and hope to a speedy recovery for Big Ben.

phins4gish said:
It's official, Miami is 1-0.

Yeah real nice pal. I'm ashamed that you call yourself a Phin fan. The guys life will never be the same again but all you care about is on the field. Grow up kid. :shakeno:

I think we all hope and pray that Ben makes a full recovery, but I wonder what "I'm such a ****ing idiot" sounds like when you've got a broken jaw and a mouth of smashed chiclets.

chuckcole said:
Apparently Terry had tried to give Ben some "fatherly" advice regarding riding the motorcycles. I think he basically told him after Winslow's accident that Ben shouldn't ride now and can ride all he wants after he retires. Or something to that effect.

Most professional athletes have clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from riding motorcycles, especially during the season.

I flashed back about 10 years to when Dennis Rodman separated his shoulder in a motorcycle accident after the team asked him to park it. He missed about a month of action, and that probably sealed the Spurs' decision to get rid of him after that season.

Whats the big deal about wearing helmets? You couldn't get me to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Is it just because they think they look cool without a helmet? Everytime I see somebody riding without one I automatically think to myself, what a moron?
Very sad news though. Hopefully there won't be any long-term affects.

I hear he has knee injuries and a lot of teeth knocked out.

I really liked Roethlisbegal, but the Steelers and thier obnoxious fans deserve a heartbreak. I hope from a personal perspective and as a human being that Rothlisberger recovers completely after week one of course. I was actually thinking about getting a bike recently, but after this, I definitely am not.

erralyn said:
He also fractured his left sinus cavity and 'severely injured both of his knees.'

www.pittsburghlive.com/accident

Oh boy. At least he is alive. His career is 2ndary at this point. I hope, like some have hinted at that other players around the league take note of this!

Back
Top Bottom