Merged: 2006 Free Agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Free Agents

I'm still mixed about Reggie Wayne. It could be that he was a product of the system.

How 'bout LeCharles Bentley? Didn't Mueller pick him up with the Saints? Since McKinney is a FA, we can move Hadnot to center and use Bentley as a right guard.

my free agent wish list!!

i just looked over the free agent list for next year and there are some decent guys on it. here are the ones i would like to have that are likley to not get franchised, we would all love to get brees,abraham,peterson and clements but it is not going to happen

1.cb-will allen
2.cb-jerry azunmah
3.lb-wll witherspoon
4.qb-john kitna
5.ss-adam archuleta
6.dt-damione lewis
7.wr-jo jurevicius
8.g-steve hutchinson
9.wr-kelley washington
10.s-tank wlliams

would you like to have any of these guys? others?

1.steve hutchinson
2.lecharles bentley

1,2,4,5,and 8, also draft Brady Quinn or Lienart in the draft. We would be in the 2007 Super Bowl.:evil:

nolefin said:
i just looked over the free agent list for next year and there are some decent guys on it. here are the ones i would like to have that are likley to not get franchised, we would all love to get brees,abraham,peterson and clements but it is not going to happen

1.cb-will allen
2.cb-jerry azunmah
3.lb-wll witherspoon
4.qb-john kitna
5.ss-adam archuleta
6.dt-damione lewis
7.wr-jo jurevicius
8.g-steve hutchinson
9.wr-kelley washington
10.s-tank wlliams

would you like to have any of these guys? others?

i like the list except No Jurevicius no Washington and no witherspoon, instead id get JUlian peterson and WR Reggie Wayne no Azumah no Tank Sculters and bell will be ok

The rest will be good and fit under our cap Damione Lewis is a mimai man soo i see that List being potential

QB- JOn Kitna
QB- Paul Pinegar (1 year to groom) impressing me might move up in draft
QB- Cleo Lemon

HB- Ronnie BRown
HB- Ricky williams
HB- Travis Minor
FB- Sammy Morris
FB- Darian BArnes

WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Chris Chambers
WR- Wes Welker
WR- Mike Hass ( 3rd Rounder)
TE- Randy Mcmichael
Te- Lorenzo Diamond

T- Rex HAdnot
T- vernon CArey
C- Seth mckinney
G- Jeno james
G Steve Hutchinson

DE- JAson Taylor/ Vonnie Holliday, Good depth and can rotate and be fresh
De- Kevin Carter/ MAtt Roth
DT- Damione Lewis/ Kevin Vickerson
DT- MAnule Wright/ Keith Traylor

LB- Channing Crowder
LB- Zach thomas
LB- Julian Peterson
Lb= Donnie Spragan
LB- Eddie Moore

CB- Sam MAdison/ Jimmy Williams (1st rd pick that can excel and make this secondary better if we pick top 10 or 12)
CB- Will Allen/ Will Poole
FS- Travis Daniels/ LAnce Schulters
SS- Adam Archuleta/ Yeremiah Bell

The secondary has good depth and we can better cause of the players we sought In FA and draft

that is my list and there is no exaggeration we are going to be 30 mill under and we cut players and players will take pay cut soo i see this nice team coming along well

I'll be happy if we somehow get Leinart, manage to obtain another 7-11 players in the draft (I'm all for trading our JJ-era vets for picks), bring in Jon Kitna, and sign one or two of these FAs to a reasonable contract:

OG Toniu Fonoti
OT Mike Pearson
OG Steve Hutchinson
OC LeCharles Bentley
WR Reggie Wayne

I'm confident Saban will make some thrifty pickups on the defensive side of the ball.

MDFINFAN said:
What about the players from other teams, who'd you like?

Big list and only looked at AFC so far:

WR Wayne, CB Clements: Top WR & CB free agent will want big money and will get it if they go to market. IMO, If we get Wayne then Booker traded and If we get Clements then Madison traded. Know we have lots of cap room, but these guys will be very expensive and if Booker/Madison don't restructure think they'll be gone.

Others that I like after first glance:

FS Chris Hope (Pitt)
C Hartwig (Ten)
#4 WR: Marc Boerigter (KC) or Antonio Bryant (Clev)...big play receivers but both with issues that may cost them money (Boerigter's injuries and Bryant's attitude).
?NT: Kemoueatu...don't know a lot about except he's starting for Balt and is 6'4", 350 lbs, & 26. Don't get a lot of Ravens coverage, being from Maryland do you know how good/bad this guy is?

If that list is regulation, I would target the following players as a priority:

LeCharles Bentley - C/G - New Orleans
Vince Manuwai - LG - Jacksonville
Will Allen - CB - NY Giants
Gary Brackett - LB - Indianapolis
Will Witherspoon - LB - Carolina
Steve Hutchinson - G - Seattle.
Nate Clements - CB - Buffalo
Kimo Von Oelhoffen - DT/DE - Pittsburgh

I would imagine that Brackett, Hutchinson and Nate Clements will be re-signed.

I would think that players like:
Jeff Backus - OT - Detroit
Adam Archeluta - S - St Louis
Tank Williams - S - Tennessee
Tim Carter - WR - NY Giants
David Givens - WR - New England
Chris Hope - S - Pitt

........would all be on the target list.

Dave Ragone, Marquand Manuel, who has done a nice job since replacing Ken Hamlin and Tonio Fonoti are also players for consideration.

Back
Top Bottom