[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!?

Exactly...i live in the Bay Area, and was forced to watch the friggin 49ers all the time...Smiley is no Alan Faneca, but Faneca wasn't a stud out of the gates either if you all remember. As many of you said, he is quick, mobile and if anyone read his interview following the signing, VERY excited to be a Phin and eager to bust his hump for us. These are the guys we need...young, solid and committed to the team. And just to remind everyone, Sparano IS an offensive line coach....

We could sign a young Dan Marino and a lot of Barstool Billys would still whine and complain about this. I think we got a good young guard at a decent price rather than paying for an old Steeler's guard with a lot of tred gone from the tires. Free agents are going to make a lot more just because there is a lot more cap space.

Anyone else wonder why a Jets fan would be on a Dolphins site? I for one, wouldn't degrade myself enough to post on a site for any team in the AFC East but our beloved Dolphins....show the love :kick:

Hadnot was a 'serviceable' lineman ... nothing more -- or a nice backup to have in the fold. He is not worth a large contract commitment.

If the FO believes that Smiley is better - i have no issues.

A) He's a quality upgrade over the over-rated 'serviceable' Hadnot
B) He can pull which along with Satele gives us a very athletic interior.
C) $9 million is a steal. I had him pegged as getting $14-15 guaranteed based on last years bonuses for Guards. Faneca despite his age will most likely go for double that price. Miami might be able to replace both Guards plus some depth/ST's signings for the price of Faneca.
D) I certainly hope he wasn't the best OL of the 49'ers cause really when a Guard is your best OL then you really have problems.
E) 49'ers were resigned to letting him go as they need more pass blocking type Guards due to the sack friendly Martz offense coming which makes run blocking Guards obsolete.
F) It's not a top shelf signing, but in the age of $18 million guaranteed for Kelly, this is about as quality as you'll see for the money going around this week.

26 years old...and he was on my list as a possibility. Faneca is 33...by the time we're good he is done. 25 million and 8-9 million guaranteed is nothing compared to what guards signed for last year (Derrick Dockery anyone?) And the deal given to Tommy Kelly a defensive lineman out of Oakland defines insanity...he got 50 million and 18 guaranteed.

Anyone else wonder why a Jets fan would be on a Dolphins site? I for one, wouldn't degrade myself enough to post on a site for any team in the AFC East but our beloved Dolphins....show the love :kick:

I hope you didn't register just to post that.

Anyway, I'm a football fan who's loyal to the Jets. As such, I have a vested interest in what the Dolphins do seeing as they're a division rival. It's not degrading it's a fun pastime, and most people can get past the colors and hold a normal conversation.

He's already got a better track record then you have so far.

We got Bills/Chargers fans who actually are in V.I.P. which means Bills/Chargers fans are supporting this site more then you.

We've also got another regular in NYJunc whose semi-alright :lol:

Heck our cap page is done by a Bills fan.

now your are talking, this is the way to get better young guys not overpaid and signed right away

I will say this, My roomates a niners fan, and two years ago he was saying Justin Smiley was the best Guard in the league...

After last year, He believes Smileys a bum.

I remember reading an interview with the Seahawks DT two years ago saying Smiley was the meanest G he's ever played against, but something changed in smiley from 06 to 07. Hopefully Sparano can channel the talent that was there 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom