MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut

phinphan11 said:
OMG! Is everyone who is released a candidate for the Phins to pick up.... Think people! Think!

Since we don't have a viable backup QB on the roster and DC may not be able to start the season anyways, we need to have a backup who has taken a snap or two in the NFL. Harrington, as a backup for this year is just as viable as just about anyone else who is out there....the choices, from what I see are very limited....Brooks, Harrington, Maddox...who else ?? Tony Banks ??

HysterikiLL said:
Brooks will probably get a starting job, and his tag will be too high. I'd take Harrington as I don't think he'll demand too much deniro, but strictly as competition for Lemon.

If he doesn't command alot of $$$ with his agents who're obviously going to use #8's injury as leverage, I don't think he'll come cheap.

I'd rather see an established veteran like Maddox or Jamie Martin who knows the vertical passing game.

First Time Post, 3 Year Reader Of Finheaven. I Am Very Confident That Coach Saban Will Get Us A Capable Backup. Just Curious, But Anymore News On Maddox?

Who had these stats last year ?

3759 yds Passing

20 Td's

12 Picks ?

Kerry Collins. I think he would make good back-up.

Aqua and Orange said:
On PTI today the guys said that with Detroit signing Josh McCown and John Kitna, it is entirely possible that in the next few days Joey Harrington will be released. They said that Harrington's best move will be to leave Detroit and join a new locker room because his confidence has been shot in the Lions clubhouse.
I personally would like to try him out as a #2 if he gets cut. He was very good coming out of college, is still young, and if we sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal, it could be low risk/high reward.
My question to you guys is whether you would take a shot on the ol' Oregon QB.

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Why not if the price is right.:dolphins:

joey ....just got cut..

I believe that Joey harrington would be a better fit for our system than touchdown Tommy Maddox.....why you may ask. Because he is younger and his pride is shot...and saban and marlarky(sp) can mold him and build up his confidence.....and the flip side....maddox was terrible in his last chance to play with the steelers. I honestly believe that if we can get one of theose OLB(LAVAR OR JULIAN) i BELIEVE THAT JOEY SHOULD BE ON THE RADAR!!

Go Saban:dolphins:

We could look at it, although he will likely want to go somewhere where he has a better chance to start.

Maddox already has experience with Malaurky at Pitt and he has playoff experience.

I think he would be a great back up. He could learn under DC, and be great insurance in case of injury. He has alot of talent, just need to be coached. Im all for it!

Isn't Harrington going to cost MONEY? Plus, I think he wants to be a starter. Last night my friend in Miami said if Mike McMahon was released we would look at him, and today he was released.UH OH:eek:

I could see him landing in Minnesota, Oakland or Baltimore.

Dennis Green's move to bring back Warner so early is looking rather questionnable at this point. Lots of better options were available.

i would perfer him as our backup over maddox but i think saban and mularkey are deff going to bring in tommy to back up daunte just in regards of history with maddox and mularkey

by the way, I hate maddox. did you see the jaxgame last year... wow, Iv seen 7th grade girls that could have played better QB than he did that game

He's a bad WCO qb that wants lots more $$$. So, no thanks, much rather have Tommy Maddox.

Back
Top Bottom