MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X:How about Harrington?\Harrington to be cut\joey cut

Alex22 said:
If he signs as a backup anywhere I will be kinda mad
So, you`d rather have Maddox? I don`t really think Harrington will come here because he`s got no chance of starting, but it isn`t like he`s been tearing up the league since he got drafted.

He aint no starter he a ok backup thats about it

Alex22 said:
No because harrington deserves to be a starter somewhere

It usually takes a QB 3 years to get acclimated to the league, in Harringtons third year he had his best with 19 TD's and 12 INT's, then year four the team took a huge step back, the Lions were holding him back, not the other way around

The guy is going to have a hard time selling that he is a starter. The leauge is all about production and he hasn't had enough to warrant starting anywhere.

Harrington is a bust with a capital "B." Anyone that lets him start without at least serious competition is an idiot. That said, he would be good as a backup.

Mr772 said:
The guy is going to have a hard time selling that he is a starter. The leauge is all about production and he hasn't had enough to warrant starting anywhere.

His 3rd year in the league was enough to prove he has tremendous upside and could be a starter

Ive seen a few Lions games, and its always the recievers dropping balls, and the line not blocking, it hardly ever looks like his fault

not he will be a starter somewhere, but there are definitly worse starting QB's in the league

Alex22 said:
No because harrington deserves to be a starter somewhere

It usually takes a QB 3 years to get acclimated to the league, in Harringtons third year he had his best with 19 TD's and 12 INT's, then year four the team took a huge step back, the Lions were holding him back, not the other way around

you're trying to tell me he wasn't part of the problem last year? the guy had better talent around him on offense every year and he never showed any significant improvement - and i don't want to hear about inconsistency due to wr injuries, roy williams inflated harrington's stats in his best year with all those circus catches, and he was playing with charlie rogers for four years. you fail to mention that he topped out at a 57% completion rate. his yards per attempt was 6.2 in his best year. speaking of 2004, his best year? that probably had more to do with kevin jones than joey harrington. and all of this horrible performance despite the fact that the team continued to add talent around him year after year. the guy will be a backup for the rest of his career, at best. even tommy maddox thinks harrington has no shot at ever being good. you're probably one of the fools who thinks frerotte had a good year last year (52% comp, 6.1 yds/att, 18-13) hmmm...those numbers sound really familiar...O YEA, THEY'RE COMPARABLE TO JOEY HARRINGTON'S BEST SEASON. go back to oregon, you fool. stop posting.

Alex22 said:
His 3rd year in the league was enough to prove he has tremendous upside and could be a starter

Ive seen a few Lions games, and its always the recievers dropping balls, and the line not blocking, it hardly ever looks like his fault

not he will be a starter somewhere, but there are definitly worse starting QB's in the league

I agree. If we got him we would have gone from having another team's 2rd string QB as our #1 (gus) to another team's former#1 as our #2 (harrington). Compare this with our situation with having the eagles crap #3 qb at one point and this franchise is on the rise!

krazikarl said:
you're trying to tell me he wasn't part of the problem last year? the guy had better talent around him on offense every year and he never showed any significant improvement - and i don't want to hear about inconsistency due to wr injuries, roy williams inflated harrington's stats in his best year with all those circus catches, and he was playing with charlie rogers for four years. you fail to mention that he topped out at a 57% completion rate. his yards per attempt was 6.2 in his best year. speaking of 2004, his best year? that probably had more to do with kevin jones than joey harrington. and all of this horrible performance despite the fact that the team continued to add talent around him year after year. the guy will be a backup for the rest of his career, at best. even tommy maddox thinks harrington has no shot at ever being good. you're probably one of the fools who thinks frerotte had a good year last year (52% comp, 6.1 yds/att, 18-13) hmmm...those numbers sound really familiar...O YEA, THEY'RE COMPARABLE TO JOEY HARRINGTON'S BEST SEASON. go back to oregon, you fool. stop posting.

Your really funny

Have you seen the way the offensive line plays in detroit, have you seen Mike Williams drop balls that hit him straight in the hands, have you ever watched a lions game? Probally not

Deleted - I'll probally get banned for the last line so I deleted it

krazikarl said:

oh and to your no improvement claim

His Qb rating has gotter better every year in the league untill last year, Detroit is a terrible orginization

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199

Pericles349 said:
I say we take Joey...

Would Joey take us? Will any QB with a thought of being a starter, whether that thought is delusional or not is another issue, come near us after we traded for Culpepper?

Ohiophinphan said:
Would Joey take us? Will any QB with a thought of being a starter, whether that thought is delusional or not is another issue, come near us after we traded for Culpepper?

I think it would be smart given Dauntes health concerns.

I would like to see Joey come here as a back up to DC, but i think he will test the water first to see if he can get a starting job somewhere

Back
Top Bottom