Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
My support for Wanny is over........

On NFL countdown, Steve Young hit the hammer on the head. He said year after year, the Dolphins have soooo much talent and yet continue to not play to the level of their talent, ending each year in disappointment. I've supported Wanny for quite some time now, and think he's a good person. But it's clear to me now after 3 years that the talented team we have will never play up to their capabilities with Wanny at the helm. I want him ousted at the end of the year.

I agree.. This team needs some leadership on the sidelines.. This just isnt workng.

Why wait until the end of the year?

I know it is rare to see a coach fired during the season in the NFL, but maybe if we fired him it would inspire the players to actually do something and push for the playoffs. We have the talent, and getting rid of him before the season is over could be a good move.

I will once again ask who you guys want on the sidelines. The last time I asked, I only heard one name -- Stoops. Do you really want such a classless guy to take the team over? Running it up on the Aggies was not cool, and I think we have seen in DC what can happen when a hotshot arrogant college coach takes over a professional team.

I'd personally love to see a guy like John Fox take over the team. The problem is that I don't know who would fit that bill.

c'mon man. OU had a chance to score 150 on the Ags. They took a knee on the 1 yard line with 9 minutes left. Plus, the Ags ran their mouths after their win last year, and OU's could have been proven in a much worse way. I think he is no doubt coming to the NFL, where is the ?

My bigger concern is that I don't want another Spurrier. I don't like it when teams run up the score in college football, but it's hard to find a team that hasn't done it at some point in the past. Does this Stoops guy have something in his history that makes people feel comfortable with his ability to get it done at the next level?

I have to admit I'm a SEC/Big East football guy who avoids Big 12 football like the plague. My first thought is that Stoops probably is the master of the option who won't do a thing in the pro game, but that's really just a kneejerk reaction...

I'd like to know why Wanny is getting all the blame when it's obvious that the team just isn't as talented as everyone thought, especially on defense.

A top defense does not go out and get manhandled in the first quarter like this one did today.

Also, now that the team is playing like crap it's Wanny's fault, so does he get the credit for last year when the Taylor led the league in sacks and Ricky led the league in rushing. Or is he only responsible when the players don't perform.

Bottom line, Wanny will get fired, but it's only because you can't fire the whole team. After the last several weeks, they all deserve to get canned.

Blaming the problems with this team on the defense is crazy. There are injuries today, and I wouldn't blame the defense for playing poorly in this situation even if everybody was healthy. You can't just keep a defense out there as much as they have been out there today without them getting worn down. If the Buc D was out there so much, they'd look just as bad.

Whatever is wrong with this team, the defense makes me proud. I would hope that would go for any Dolphin fan out there...

Exactly Jimmy James.........

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Blaming the problems with this team on the defense is crazy. There are injuries today, and I wouldn't blame the defense for playing poorly in this situation even if everybody was healthy. You can't just keep a defense out there as much as they have been out there today without them getting worn down. If the Buc D was out there so much, they'd look just as bad.

Whatever is wrong with this team, the defense makes me proud. I would hope that would go for any Dolphin fan out there...

I don't care if it's the '85 Bears defense. If any D is on the field for 75% of the snaps, they will eventually wear down! I'm proud of our defense. If Wanny knew anything, he'd have shored up the OL in the offseason!!!!

:fire:

I wasnt proud of them in the first possession.. They had a chance to stop a third down conversion THREE times and failed...

Well, every defense has plays that go that way. I can understand being frustrated today, but this bunch has by and large given us several good years and deserve our unqualified support.

Re: Exactly Jimmy James.........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I don't care if it's the '85 Bears defense. If any D is on the field for 75% of the snaps, they will eventually wear down! I'm proud of our defense. If Wanny knew anything, he'd have shored up the OL in the offseason!!!!

:fire:

He did know that he needed to shore up the OL in the offseason. Said that the OL was their main concern in the offseason and did nothing!!! Fire his ***. Fire his emotionless ***!!!! This is sickening! Fire him now!

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Who cares................ even if we had another coach we wouldn't get anywhere.

That's a ridiculous statement. Pay attention to where the Cowboys are this year and where they were last year. Coaching is all too important in the NFL, and it's clear that the Dolphins are regularly outcoached so far this year.

Don't you dare compare Bob Stoops with idiot spurrier.

That's just stupid. One coach is a TRUE firey leader who is also a football genius (especially on defense). The other was a college has-been who just had a good passing scheme that worked against Vanderbuilt and Ole Miss and is not a leader.

Bob Stoops is THE MAN. This is the guy we need.

Back
Top Bottom