Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: My support for Wanny is over/Wanny's Looking for this/Worst Coach in NFL

No, he's looking for this..

clear.gif

Well at least Roy was moving up in the world going from Kansas to Carolina. Why the hell sould Stoops want to leave a great college team for a mediocre NFL team.

That score was 77-0 in the THIRD quarter. Texas A&M mouthed off all week after winning last year. They were lucky they didn't make it worse. The final score was from a defensive player BTW. What's he supposed to do, tell the guy to fall down?

Stoops runs a pro style offense that is a spread formation some, but is mainly what NFL teams would run. He's a defensive genius that gets his players to believe in him and the scheme.

Do you think any players believe in Wanny and his vanilla offense? His play not to lose philosophy? How about his even keel approach that never waivers, even after we've been man handled all half?

I just hate the guy so I'm going to try to not post about it anymore, my blind hatred for him will cause a skewed and biased response anyway.

Booooo. Don't call Carolina upper echelon. Piss on them.

You don't think going from college to the NFL is moving up?

why would stoops leave the best team in college football for a team with no heart, no o-line, and a defense that isn't getting any younger?

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
why would stoops leave the best team in college football for a team with no heart, no o-line, and a defense that isn't getting any younger?

So he could take more pride in turning around an NFL team and making them champs? If he is not up for that challenge I dont want him.

You know what StartingTailbak, maybe he wouldn't fix everything right away. But he SURE AS HELL would chew someone out for a stupid penalty or mistake or laziness instead of standing there waving his hand through his hair with a befuddled look on his face like Wannstedt.

With that said, I GUARANTEE Stoops would make us extremely powerful.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Oh yeah. Stoops will fix everything:rolleyes:

Bill Parcells will fix everything for the pathetic Cowboys. Oh wait, never mind.

Yes, a coach will fix everything. He might make some moves to help the team such as getting an OL, a QB the team believes in, and strategy adjustments to exploit the weaknesses of other teams and accentuate our positives.

It's a tough concept, but I think people are coming around to the fact the most important things to a football team.

1. A coach the team believes in.
2. A QB the team believes in.
3. The ability to run the ball, OL not RB.
4. Defense to stop the run.

One out of four ain't bad I guess.

Fiedler, I don't care about his wins in college. I'm looking at the type of coach he is. He is FIREY and puts his players in the right places at the right times to win games.

His wins are just by-products of how he coaches.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Bill Parcells will fix everything for the pathetic Cowboys. Oh wait, never mind.

Yes, a coach will fix everything. He might make some moves to help the team such as getting an OL, a QB the team believes in, and strategy adjustments to exploit the weaknesses of other teams and accentuate our positives.

It's a tough concept, but I think people are coming around to the fact the most important things to a football team.

1. A coach the team believes in.
2. A QB the team believes in.
3. The ability to run the ball, OL not RB.
4. Defense to stop the run.

One out of four ain't bad I guess.

Parcells will be in the HOF when he retires. Stoops beat FSU 9-6 in 2000. I see a slight disparity here.

I am also a little leery about bringing a college coach up to coach in the NFL. It worked with Jimmy Johnson, but it didn't work with Steve Spurrier. Who are some other college coaches that didn't succeed in the NFL? There have been several... look at Dennis Erickson in San Francisco.

I personally would like to see Dennis Green come to Miami. But whoever brings us a Super Bowl will work for me.

Yeah, he beat FSU 9-6 with less talent! They had one good linebacker who plays for the Packers now, I think.

Look what he's doing now that he actually got some recruits.

Dennis Erickson had a run in Seattle that as I recall was either just as good as or slightly better than Mike Holmgren was prior to this year. The Niners look brutal, but I think you'd have to call him far more successful than Spurrier right about now.

How about that dude who followed Jimmy Johnson in Dallas? Sure, he won Super Bowls on Jimmy's work, but any one of us could have done that thanks to the Walker trade and the talent that brought to the guys who wear stars.

Oh, I almost forgot about Butch Davis. He hasn't lit it up, even if he did get our wild card spot last year...

Back
Top Bottom